Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14323 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #7681
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's been a while since I posted something in the club...

1957 Takumar 83/1.9........

04-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #7682
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
It's been a while since I posted something in the club...

1957 Takumar 83/1.9........
WOW! Was this shot wide open?
04-04-2011, 01:03 AM - 1 Like   #7683
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Porga Quote
There is nothing wrong with your PP.
That's what my urologist says too.
04-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #7684
Veteran Member

nice hehehehe

04-04-2011, 06:50 AM   #7685
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
WOW! Was this shot wide open?
Thanks. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure as I did take some shots at 1.9 and at around 4. When I bought the lens, I bought it to go with my AP and K bodies, but was pleasantly surprised by it's performance and started to use it on digital. It of course doesn't have the coatings of later generations of lenses, but it is so small and light as compared to the 85s.

Steve
04-04-2011, 07:32 AM   #7686
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mike cash Quote
that's what my urologist says too.
lol
04-04-2011, 09:11 AM   #7687

Really nice seeing all the posts with the Tak's lately. Porga, I especially enjoyed the OOF shot of the grass with the dew. I've been on the road for the last month, but I'm looking forward to sharing some Tak shots. I've taken a break to use my DA40/Rokinon Fisheye combo for awhile, but I always enjoy using the Taks when I hook them up to my camera.

04-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #7688
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by natestation Quote
Really nice seeing all the posts with the Tak's lately. Porga, I especially enjoyed the OOF shot of the grass with the dew. I've been on the road for the last month, but I'm looking forward to sharing some Tak shots. I've taken a break to use my DA40/Rokinon Fisheye combo for awhile, but I always enjoy using the Taks when I hook them up to my camera.
Thank you.
I had pause too, I was using Tamron 28-75 for few months. But, to be honest, although Tamron is great lens, I like the photos taken with Takumar lenses much more. Regardles of not being AF like Tamron, and my focusing errors (I don't have focusing creen or magnifier)my keeper rate for Takumar photos is greater than keeper rate for Tamron photos.
Looking forward to seing your photos.
04-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #7689
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Porga Quote
Thank you.
I had pause too, I was using Tamron 28-75 for few months. But, to be honest, although Tamron is great lens, I like the photos taken with Takumar lenses much more. Regardles of not being AF like Tamron, and my focusing errors (I don't have focusing creen or magnifier)my keeper rate for Takumar photos is greater than keeper rate for Tamron photos.
Looking forward to seing your photos.
I look forward to seeing your shots here Porga, and I´m a particular fan of your PP.

You´re right - being a keeper has much to it than being in focus.
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #7690
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you guys looked at the thread running on the Super Tak 50F1.4 (version 1) and ppurple spot in the middle of the frame?

It prompted me to take mine out and do a little testing for flare.

Don't worry, but use a hood. I got this wide open with the sun caught between the image circle for film, and the image circle for digital.

Bottom line is use a hood

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/138992-8-eleme...ml#post1453466
04-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #7691
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hood-winked?

After nearly a century of producing lenses with relatively modern optical and coating formulas I fail to see why the need for using a lens hood/shade to get the most from any lens is still in question. Lowell's examples and comments are an excellent case in point. I've yet to encounter a lens that didn't benefit from a hood except under the most perfect conditions for control of incident light if a true comparison were possible.

There's an old adage to the effect that it's not that the pig whistles so well, but that it can whistle at all that's truly amazing. The same could be said about hoodless lenses; some times they whistle pretty darn good without a hood, but that doesn't mean the hood was an afterthought in the designer's plan.

If I were to design a lens today, I'd provide for removing the hood -- a non-functioning, non-optical component -- to make the lens more convenient and compact for stowage. The fact that it was removable for the convenience of the user would in no way imply that it wasn't intended as an integral part of the optical design and I'd state that as such.

If you accept the hood as a part of the original design, the expense and inconvenience make more sense. More the pity that for the sake of economy many lenses are sold without hoods as though they weren't important -- but the consumers brought that upon themselves through ignorance and price point buying. Besides, how many pro lens tests seriously evaluate the hood as part of the design today?

Even if previous lens designs had conditioned us to expect permanently attached hoods, (including adjustment for the field of view of zooms?), we'd not only still be complainin' about flare and lose of contrast under adverse conditions, we'd be bitchin' about the size of the lenses until someone introduced removable hoods for us to loose.

H2
04-05-2011, 08:35 AM   #7692
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I look forward to seeing your shots here Porga, and I´m a particular fan of your PP.

You´re right - being a keeper has much to it than being in focus.
Thank you.
04-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #7693
Ira
Inactive Account

Did you ever shoot something and think it was gonna come out great, just based on the shooting conditions and LCD review?

Well, I did on Saturday, even though I know the LCD review isn't a good indication.

Will post the image(s) later.

It's a SAW!
04-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #7694
Veteran Member

Using the LCD screen, I zoom in 8X if what I'm looking at isn't still fairly sharp, it's not a keeper. Most of the time sharp focus still shows decently between 8x and 9.5x at least then you get the idea if its crisp or not.
04-05-2011, 06:28 PM   #7695
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Have you guys looked at the thread running on the Super Tak 50F1.4 (version 1) and ppurple spot in the middle of the frame?

It prompted me to take mine out and do a little testing for flare.

Don't worry, but use a hood. I got this wide open with the sun caught between the image circle for film, and the image circle for digital.

Bottom line is use a hood

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/138992-8-eleme...ml#post1453466
The auto-tak 55mm flares like crazy in the right conditions

FLARE!
by yeatzee (now 17, but still learning), on Flickr

Loving the lens though (its definitely got character!)
« The Kit Lens Club! | - »