Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14371 Likes Search this Thread
11-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #871
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hey all, congrats, we just hit 1000 posts in a single thread, I'm guessing this is one of the longest on the site

Attached Images

11-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #872

Hello, after 1000 read articles I Registered and join this club.
I am pleased about each contribution and each image and then petting my Takumare.
With best regards
Oli from Germany
11-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #873
Veteran Member

Some more with the 50mm f.14. First is a footing of a bridge that is part of a major highway, second is said highway.

11-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #874
Veteran Member

Bump, another 50mm f1.4, had to go a bit overboard with usm in gimp to clean it up. I did want the extreme contrast, like film that was left in the developer solution a little too long or agitated too much though, that at least I'm happy with

11-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #875
Veteran Member

Bought myself a set of 2x300Ws Visico Excel Plus budget studio flashes including 2 60x40cm softboxes (390ish euro). My first tries with lights is shown below, as usual with the daughter as motif.

Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9

Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9

S-M-C Takumar 50mm f/1.4

S-M-C Takumar 59mm f/1.4

11-19-2008, 03:34 AM   #876

another one from the super takumar 55mm f1.8
taken with an LX

11-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #877
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Received my Super Tak 35 f3.5 today, and it is in pristine condition. Hopefully I'll be able to get out this weekend and give at good workout !!!

11-19-2008, 07:10 PM   #878
Veteran Member

I really love those Takumar lens hoods. Pity they are not making them like this any more:

11-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #879
Veteran Member

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up 4 Taks (2 bayonet mounts & 2 screw mounts) on ebay and I ordered the genuine adapter from Pentax. The adapter came in last week, but I was working out of town and I just started trying everything today. A few newbie questions if you please.

- Do you guys/gals mount the adapter to the camera first (I have the K100D), or to the lens, or does it matter? In looking at the adapter, I see the "red dot" on it and the "red dot" on the body so matching those up is obviously easy, and I then screw the lens into the adapter. But, if I mount the adapter to the lens first, how do you know where to start screwing it to the lens, as there are no markings that I can see? Is this making sense?

- When I change the lens, it will screw off easily enough, but the adapter stays attached to the body, and I don't have any way to remove it. I see there are 2 slots where it appears that I could put something in there to start turning it counter clock wise, but I'm not sure what I need to use. I definitely don't want to damage the adapter, or worse yet, damage the body.

Thanks.
11-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #880
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
- Do you guys/gals mount the adapter to the camera first (I have the K100D), or to the lens, or does it matter? In looking at the adapter, I see the "red dot" on it and the "red dot" on the body so matching those up is obviously easy, and I then screw the lens into the adapter. But, if I mount the adapter to the lens first, how do you know where to start screwing it to the lens, as there are no markings that I can see? Is this making sense?
Either works but it is much easier to put the adapter on a lens and then mount it since you don't have to worry about banging the adapter off the body or putting your finger on the mirror or some such thing. The threads of the Takumar and adapter will always line up just fine.

You'll notice that when mounting the lens + adapter that the lens is rotated slightly to the right -- we in the club like to think of that as a feature since it means the focal and aperture markings aren't blocked by the tumor that is the flash

QuoteQuote:
- When I change the lens, it will screw off easily enough, but the adapter stays attached to the body, and I don't have any way to remove it. I see there are 2 slots where it appears that I could put something in there to start turning it counter clock wise, but I'm not sure what I need to use. I definitely don't want to damage the adapter, or worse yet, damage the body.
Easy solution to that, just use Takumars Seriously, I haven't had a K mount on my K10 for a few months now. Maybe if I had more than 2 K mount lenses or an 18-250mm zoom or something I would.

However, when you want to remove the adapter, take a look at the side with the red dot, there's a little metal tab there, that's what locks the adapter into place. Without that you'd be relying on the lens weight to create enough friction to hold the adapter in place. To remove the adapter, just use a fingernail to push the tab in (toward the centre of the adapter) and then rotate -- it will come off effortlessly.

Last but not least, post some pics here once you've had some time to get out with the new lenses
11-21-2008, 02:27 PM   #881
Veteran Member

@jamonation:

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated. I hope to get out shooting this weekend, if I'm not outvoted by a "higher power".
11-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #882
Inactive Account

Georgie and Kota

Super Tak 35/2.0 and the 105/2.8. Still learning how to use these lenses with K100DS.
Attached Images

11-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #883
Veteran Member

Just to supplement what jamonation said.

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
But, if I mount the adapter to the lens first, how do you know where to start screwing it to the lens, as there are no markings that I can see? Is this making sense?
It does not matter, there is just one thread so wherever you start, you'll always 'catch' the start of the thread and when you have tightened the lens it will be the right way up. As jamonation says, it will be sightly off, but in a way that is beneficial. However, I do find that on my SMC 55/1.8 the A/M switch is just under the flash protuberance, making it a bit of a pain to switch.

QuoteQuote:
I see there are 2 slots where it appears that I could put something in there to start turning it counter clock wise, but I'm not sure what I need to use. I definitely don't want to damage the adapter, or worse yet, damage the body.
Yup. Some people say use a finger nail. But some of us bite our nails or have soft nails, so that is not a good solution. I am leary about using something like a screw driver to unclip the little spring.

However, there is a solution. The first adapter I bought was a Kood adapter. This was a mistake initially because the screw on the spring came off while in the camera, jamming the adapter. Eventually, after some manipulation, I managed to get the adapter out and I threw away the spring and screw. Without the spring the Kood adapter is fine. I have that adapter tightly screwed on to my CZJ 35/2.4 making that a K mount. But, here's the interesting bit. The Kood adapter comes with a metal tool (a bit like a lens spanner wrench) that fits into the slots in the adapter.

So, get a Kood adapter. The tool can be used with your Pentax adapter. The Kood adapter can be used as a back-up but make sure that you remove the spring and screw.

Richard
11-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #884
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just a side caution: the official Pentax instruction is to mount the adptor on the camera first, then screw the lens into the adaptor. That's how I do it.

Good idea about that tool - I have the 'bower' version of the tooled adaptor. But I haven't found problems getting the Pentax adaptor off, even with newly clipped fingernails.

SMC Takumar 55/1.8 K100d
11-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #885
Veteran Member

LOL! Nesster, what's the context of that photograph? Was it the museum in Amsterdam? I visited there when I was an impressionable young man, but my excuse was that they had some original ink drawings by John Lennon and so my visit was to see the art <g>

Richard