Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #10321
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Like your photos.
But those turkeys make my stomach feel queasy.

- Sam

06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #10322
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

K20D Macro Takumar 50 F4
06-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #10323

QuoteOriginally posted by sameagle Quote
Like your photos.
But those turkeys make my stomach feel queasy.

- Sam
Agreed -- industrial agriculture ... NASTY! See my post #6368 in this thread/club, for turkey raised right. Yeah it's a bit spendy but only once a year do I eat one.
--Dave
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #10324
Veteran Member

tak-pix,

i'm glad you shared it.
i'm just not sure whether i'm glad that i saw it or not.
lol

06-05-2012, 10:43 AM - 2 Likes   #10325
Inactive Account

I finally got to snap some pictures with the SMC Takumar 135mm f/2.5 that I was asking questions about a few pages back.

What a difference between this lens and my old Super Tak 135mm f/3.5 This lens seriously impressed me. These were all taken handheld so focusing was a bit of a challenge (I was on the edge of minimum focus for the last one). Looking forward to taking a few more with this lens.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 60D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 60D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 60D  Photo 
06-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #10326
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mythmaker1972 Quote
I finally got to snap some pictures with the SMC Takumar 135mm f/2.5 that I was asking questions about a few pages back.

What a difference between this lens and my old Super Tak 135mm f/3.5 This lens seriously impressed me. These were all taken handheld so focusing was a bit of a challenge (I was on the edge of minimum focus for the last one). Looking forward to taking a few more with this lens.

Mythmaker:

It looks like a scene out of Reservoir Ducks.
Here come Mr. Blue, Mr. Brown, Mr. Orange, and Mr. Pink.
06-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #10327
Inactive Account

Spotmatic with a Super-Tak 55mm/f2. Might be cross posted in the film thread

06-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #10328
Veteran Member

I'm not vain enough to think anybody actually missed me, but I feel I should mention that my absence for the last three weeks is due to a work-related injury which resulted in Compartment Syndrome in my left calf and which then triggered something the doctor described in words you never want to hear: "Kidney Failure". Cause of all this? I bumped my leg on a metal rod which had some particularly nasty bacteria on it. Didn't tear the cloth on my pants and didn't result in any bleeding. I thought it was just a simple case of bumping into something and saying "Ouch!" Turns out it was something that could have led to amputation of my leg and/or death. The surgeon at the first hospital took one look and told me I was immediately going into the hospital. It was only a question of whether it would be that hospital or another one, and my blood and urine tests would decide it. The blood test alone did the trick. It turns out that levels of some nasty something in my blood were enough that there was a chance it could entirely shut down my kidneys and I had to be hospitalized in a facility with dialysis machines. Without a dialysis machine right there handy there was a chance I could have died in the hospital. Fortunately, things didn't get that far out of hand, but I did end up with some very ugly damage to most of my left calf, portions of which had gone from red to purple to black by the time I got treatment. I had several places with blisters the size of my hand and standing out probably a good 3/4 inch from my leg. Naturally, that skin doesn't go back to normal and I ended up losing major chunks of the skin on my calf. It took three weeks of antibiotic IV drips in the hospital to get me in condition to leave the place. My leg still looks like raw meat about four days past its "sell by" date and my kidney function is down to about 34%, but should recover over time. Between a couple of weeks of high fevers, loss of appetite, and crappy hospital food I managed to lose about 25 pounds over the three week stay in the hospital.

Guys, when our mothers told us to always wash and disinfect any cut or scrape, they knew what the heck they were talking about.

Pentax K-5
S-M-C Takumar 105/2.8

06-08-2012, 01:52 AM   #10329
Pentaxian

Well, I haven't been in this thread for too long, but I can say that I missed your shots Mike Cash. So it could be that I missed you too.

That sounds a enormous accident and from what! I must say that I haven't been so aware of small wouds, but from now on I'll be. Good to her that you are recovering and will survive. I hope for quik and good healing for you.
06-08-2012, 03:10 AM   #10330
Veteran Member

Oh, I'll be fine. I must admit that among my many character flaws is that I am even worse at receiving well-wishes than I am at receiving compliments. I just take it for granted that nice people wish everybody well and that everybody here is nice. So I would actually sort of appreciate it if nobody offered any well-wishes....makes me self-conscious. All I want is that everybody remember to wash or disinfect wounds. Heck, if nothing else, get a dog to lick them for you.

Last edited by Mike Cash; 06-08-2012 at 06:47 AM.
06-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #10331
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Mike, I missed hearing from you. And what a nasty reason. I am glad that you are evidently on the mend, and can give attention to one of the pleasures of life. Hope you get back in shape properly after all this.
06-08-2012, 03:26 AM   #10332
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Oh, I'll be fine. I must admit that among my many character flaws is that I am even worse at receiving well-wishes than I am at receiving compliments. I just take it for granted that nice people with everybody well and that everybody here is nice. So I would actually sort of appreciate it if nobody offered any well-wishes....makes me self-conscious. All I want is that everybody remember to wash or disinfect wounds. Heck, if nothing else, get a dog to lick them for you.
Mike
No well wishes then. Just to let you know that I have been there and done that. Almost lost my leg a few years back to the same situation.
Take care and keep on Takn'!
06-08-2012, 03:49 AM   #10333
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Mike,
I was wondering, too, and figured out that something had happened. I have never heard about anything like this before, and will take the advice. Good to see one of your photographs.
06-08-2012, 05:11 AM   #10334
Pentaxian

I knew you were absent Mike cos the thread had to be dug out of 6-8 pages of new posts every 24hrs.

Good to see you back - did you get any pics of your leg as it went through the colour changes?
06-08-2012, 05:13 AM   #10335
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Good to see you back - did you get any pics of your leg as it went through the colour changes?
but would the color be impacted by the rendering of mike's takumars

Sorry mike, i couldn't resist, glad to see you back