Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #6871
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Any idea who the person was that complained about my cat pun? Result was a deleted post and the two swats from the Net Nuns (2 infraction points).

Interesting that a pun based on a cat photo was deemed inappropriate language and punished while one of the busiest recent threads from Benjikan not only is more inappropriate but gratuitously so.....yet gets a total pass. Either the rules are being enforced arbitrarily and capriciously or there is an active double standard in place.

01-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #6872
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Any idea who the person was that complained about my cat pun? Result was a deleted post and the two swats from the Net Nuns (2 infraction points).

Interesting that a pun based on a cat photo was deemed inappropriate language and punished while one of the busiest recent threads from Benjikan not only is more inappropriate but gratuitously so.....yet gets a total pass. Either the rules are being enforced arbitrarily and capriciously or there is an active double standard in place.
Maybe it's because half of your photos here are so sexy, whereas I can get away with more because all I shoot are stupid ducks.
01-31-2011, 05:56 PM   #6873

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dude163 Quote
Super MC tak 50/1.4 KX
Makes my mouth water. Colours are so good.

QuoteOriginally posted by stash Quote
Super Takumar 35mm f3.5

one more
Will have to take mine out soon, beautiful.

It has been a while since I posted a photo so:

Tested at arrival trought front window
K200d, Super Takumar 105/2.8
01-31-2011, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #6874
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Maybe it's because half of your photos here are so sexy, whereas I can get away with more because all I shoot are stupid ducks.
It had to with a term which applies to both felines and female genitalia. I can see how it could be considerered in poor taste and I don't have any gripe about that at all. I just don't understand how that gets popped while worse is left alone.

01-31-2011, 07:40 PM   #6875
Veteran Member

It had to with a term which applies to both felines and female genitalia. I can see how it could be considerered in poor taste and I don't have any gripe about that at all. I just don't understand how that gets popped while worse is left alone.
Maybe it's because your inappropriate language/jokes aren't used to violently attack Pentax's products or credibility as a company. Or to attack the credibility of the people attacking the credibility of Pentax.

[edit] I forgot another permissible variety: attacking the credibility of the people attacking the credibility of the people attacking the credibility of Pentax. Ouch, my head hurts.
01-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #6876
Veteran Member

Don't look at me, I got two spanks as well for my witty repartee.

Just did some casual tests shooting outside my truck window and it looks like the "Auto EV Compensation" feature actually works.
Yet another reason for me to get on the K5 bandwagon. Can't wait for the test shots. It always baffled me that previous models weren't able to meter properly in Av mode when the green button worked so well. It seemed like a fairly easy problem to correct.

Last edited by hangu; 01-31-2011 at 10:25 PM.
02-01-2011, 02:46 AM   #6877

Takumar 200 3.5

Last edited by mglowe; 02-13-2011 at 04:00 PM.
02-01-2011, 03:02 AM   #6878

Takumar 200 3.5

Last edited by mglowe; 02-13-2011 at 04:00 PM.
02-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #6879
Inactive Account

+1 back

IMAO, only the MUNDANE member would express dissatisfaction or annoyance with such a term of endearment...
02-01-2011, 07:06 AM   #6880
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mglowe Quote
Takumar 200 3.5

Not such a good composition, but I thought the colors were nice. I like this lens!
Nice pics. I have this lens (old pre-set)and like it a lot. An amazing lens in some situations (18 apeture blades makes for a very nice bokeh).
02-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #6881
Veteran Member

Man I missed all the fun!

felines etc

gah
02-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #6882
Veteran Member

I'm reposting this because this seemed to have been deleted in the wake of pussygate. Not sure why the original post warranted deletion simply because it incited Mike's overactive imagination.

Super-Takumar 50/1.4 (8 elements) at f/1.4

And yes, that is a stuffed tampon mascot. Why my best-friend thought it made an amazing Christmas gift one year is beyond me, it's not like I partake in the sacred monthly ritual. It now hangs over my socks drawer.

Last edited by hangu; 02-01-2011 at 08:00 AM.
02-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #6883
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hangu Quote
I'm reposting this because this seemed to have been deleted in the wake of pussygate. Not sure why the original post warranted deletion simply because it incited Mike's overactive imagination.

Super-Takumar 50/1.4 (8 elements) at f/1.4

And yes, that is a stuffed tampon mascot. Why my best-friend thought it made an amazing Christmas gift one year is beyond me, it's not like I partake in the sacred monthly ritual. It now hangs over my socks drawer.
I'm glad you reposted - I didn't get to see this before!

ps, I suspect there's very little 'sacred' about using feminine hygiene products, haha.
02-01-2011, 01:08 PM   #6884
Veteran Member

Sorry if I'm interrupting something, but maybe this Takumar is interesting?
02-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #6885
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by minahasa Quote
Sorry if I'm interrupting something, but maybe this Takumar is interesting?
Wow. 800 bucks-- but it sure is rare.

The nutty bokeh reminds of a Helios.

Too rich for my tastes.
« *Macro* lens club | - »