Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #11641
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A bit of Vivid Sydney to show off the colour coming out of SMC Takumar 50 1.4, with K-01

05-25-2013, 06:46 PM   #11642
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
From Friday's Pentaxian outing here in Singapore.
Had a splash of a time not only shooting but with like minded Pentaxians to boot.

3 shots with the Super Takumar 85/1.9
Three tack sharp shots with absolutely beautiful color rendering. I acquired that lens not all that long ago but haven't used it much beyond test shots when I first got it. These images have inspired me to do so.
05-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #11643
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chuck_c Quote
Three tack sharp shots with absolutely beautiful color rendering. I acquired that lens not all that long ago but haven't used it much beyond test shots when I first got it. These images have inspired me to do so.
'Tak sharp' (thats how some urban lens legend explains how the work 'tack sharp' came about)

Do post photos with this lens when you get time to shoot.
05-25-2013, 11:18 PM - 1 Like   #11644
Pentaxian

Not a Takumar, but M42 mount.
A lens that I can't find much info on.
Most likely an early version or re-badged Vivitar 17/3.5

Got this lens a long time ago when I thought I'd make do with it as a wide angle on APS-C.
As it turned out, it wasn't too wide on aps-c and was a heavy metal beast to carry around, so it got little use.

But on 135 format, its a totally transformed lens.

Taken with a Soligor 17/4

I also like how this lens is used.
Just turn to infinity and stop down to f11.

05-26-2013, 12:49 AM   #11645
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Not a Takumar, but M42 mount.
A lens that I can't find much info on.
Most likely an early version or re-badged Vivitar 17/3.5

Got this lens a long time ago when I thought I'd make do with it as a wide angle on APS-C.
As it turned out, it wasn't too wide on aps-c and was a heavy metal beast to carry around, so it got little use.

But on 135 format, its a totally transformed lens.

Seems like Singapore in late afternoon as the light fails but I have never been to your vantage point. Quite few clouds.
05-26-2013, 06:50 AM   #11646

[...]
Well, that kind of oversimplifies how you've used it. Indeed infinity and f/11 will get you everything from your nose hairs to San Francisco in focus. But besides setting infinity and f/11, you've also found an interesting juxtaposition of foreground subject and background buildings, fortuitously arrived on a day when there is a bright blue chair under a street-lamp, waited for the right light, encountered fairly interesting clouds, climbed to a vantage point on the tenth(?) storey of something to shoot it all, and done it without technical faults (camera shake &c.). Brilliantly seen and executed!

I don't know where we're meant to post pics made with Soligor lenses ("Off Brand Club" maybe). Technically they don't belong here, but I vote that this one easily gets a pass because it's beautiful.

--Dave
05-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #11647

Maybe start a soligor club?

05-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #11648
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Seems like Singapore in late afternoon as the light fails but I have never been to your vantage point. Quite few clouds.
QuoteOriginally posted by Argenticien Quote
Well, that kind of oversimplifies how you've used it. Indeed infinity and f/11 will get you everything from your nose hairs to San Francisco in focus. But besides setting infinity and f/11, you've also found an interesting juxtaposition of foreground subject and background buildings, fortuitously arrived on a day when there is a bright blue chair under a street-lamp, waited for the right light, encountered fairly interesting clouds, climbed to a vantage point on the tenth(?) storey of something to shoot it all, and done it without technical faults (camera shake &c.). Brilliantly seen and executed!

I don't know where we're meant to post pics made with Soligor lenses ("Off Brand Club" maybe). Technically they don't belong here, but I vote that this one easily gets a pass because it's beautiful.

--Dave

Thanks guys for the encouragement.

Argenticien, very close estimate on the level I shot at.
It was on the 11th floor.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nikonshooter Quote
Maybe start a soligor club?
Ha..ha.. I searched for a M42 club, but could not find one.
Soligor club would have been a one member club since few would be keeping Soligor stuff.
But "Off Brand Club" seems right....
05-27-2013, 04:33 AM   #11649
Pentaxian

These first two are cross-posted to the Brenizer Method thread. They were done with the SMC 105mm f/2.8, wide open, the first time I've used this lens for this kind of photography. It's not bad, but I think I prefer the M 85/2.

The first is made up of 81 images and comes to a total of 41.5MP. The wall has come out a bit bad on the left as the program has struggled to align the individual photos into the whole. This can happen when an area is too out of focus for the pattern recognition to function properly. I think it's a good idea to avoid too much out-of-focus area in front of the main subject.

The second photo is made up of only 49 images and is a total of 25.6MP.

These are just regular shots. The first is the SMC 55/1.8 wide open and shows a similar view to the first photo above.

SMC 105/2.8, aprox. f/5.6

SMC 105/2.8, at f/4

Last edited by Jonathan Mac; 05-27-2013 at 04:38 AM.
05-27-2013, 05:28 AM - 1 Like   #11650
Veteran Member

Pentax K-5
S-M-C Takumar 105/2.8

05-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #11651

Nice shot Mike, I see you moved to SmugMug I moved to ipernity myself after the Flickr debacle.
05-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #11652

Apologies

I have had a problem for several weeks at least when trying to view postings from Jean Poitiers which had images attached.
Moments ago I thought something magical occurred when in the Off-brand club. An attachment of Jean's showed up but was full size (two screens wide). I posted re the phenomenon but when I looked again there was the image but in a normal size.
Curious, I went back a page to the last postings in this club where the images were not available to view. I hit the refresh button and there they were. Problem then at my end.
Pleased at least that I will see the postings but embarrassed to have wasted folks time.
OtM
05-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #11653
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote

Pentax K-5
S-M-C Takumar 105/2.8

Nice one Mike. Only the white keys?
05-27-2013, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #11654
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Nice one Mike. Only the white keys?
Life in the key of C major.

If she were a child it would be life in the key of A minor.

I made a funny!
05-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #11655

Are the the Takumar 200+ worth getting? I use the Takumar 200mm 3.5 preset but I would like to get closer to the birds and wildlife.
« *Macro* lens club | - »