Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14323 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM - 2 Likes   #13921
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
After the fire, a pony making do with burnt offerings. This is one of the short-legged pit ponies that would have worked underground back in the days when there was still mining on Dartmoor. Taken with the inevitable 20mm.

03-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #13922
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a unique place you live in Dave! Perfect for wandering around with a few Takumars I've had the SMC Tak 55 stuck on my old *ist D for a few weeks now, loving it:

Last edited by paulh; 03-22-2016 at 04:21 PM.
03-22-2016, 04:19 PM   #13923
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Darn it, Paul, I've just been on the auction site looking for an *ist thanks to you. That 6 megapixel CCD combined with any Takumar is a marriage made in heaven. I used to have a K100D with the same sensor, and the things it could do with light were just magical.
03-22-2016, 04:33 PM   #13924
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Darn it, Paul, I've just been on the auction site looking for an *ist thanks to you. That 6 megapixel CCD combined with any Takumar is a marriage made in heaven. I used to have a K100D with the same sensor, and the things it could do with light were just magical.
Be sure to go for the D or DS models - bigger & brighter viewfinder, TTL capability, and a few other perks. You could try placing a wanted ad here on PF - there might be a few UK/European Pentaxians with one to spare. We also own a K100D, very nice camera with great output. The pentamirror VF is a bit lacking, but the Pentax OM-E53 (?) magnifier helps enormously.

I've been bitten by the Tak bug (thanks partly to you ), with an early 28/3.5, SMC 55/1.8, and the newest, a ST 105/2.8...love them all.

03-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #13925

Super Takumar 50mm f1.4. Taken at f8, I think.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
03-22-2016, 10:10 PM   #13926
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

preset Takumar 135mm f3.5

Sony full-frame Alpha a850 with preset 135mm Takumar @ f5.6.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSLR-A850  Photo 
03-23-2016, 02:24 PM - 2 Likes   #13927

K5IIs+Super-Takumar 24mm f8

03-23-2016, 06:31 PM - 1 Like   #13928
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We love our Mt. Hood, Oregon.

Here is a photo of our beloved Mt. Hood, Oregon. Mt. Hood is a part of the Cascade Mountain Range. I believe it is the highest peak in the state of Oregon. It is also one of the nicest ski resorts in the country. The Cascade Mountain Range is primarily made up of volcanoes both dormant and extinct. There have reports of seismic activity, however nothing to get excited about. Please enjoy and thanks for looking. Here are the particulars: Lens: Takumar F 70~210mm, Camera a Pentax K100D Super. SS 1/750s, aperture f/9.5, ISO 200.

Tony
03-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #13929

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
There have reports of seismic activity, however nothing to get excited about.
Tony
Isn't that the said about Mt St. Helens in 1980???

Just kidding, very nice scenic picture. (My son and his family have a similar view of Mt Hood out of their family room windows.)
03-23-2016, 08:43 PM   #13930
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sandbasser Quote
Isn't that the said about Mt St. Helens in 1980???

Just kidding, very nice scenic picture. (My son and his family have a similar view of Mt Hood out of their family room windows.)
Thank you for your comments. You may find this interesting; We had two cats that were behaving rather strangely. They both would walk into the family room and every few steps they would stop and wait for a few seconds then continue on in the same manner. They were able to feel the tremors in their paws. The next day Mt. St. Helens blew her top and the rest is history. About ten years after the eruption my wife and I went to see what was left of the volcano and the surrounding area. It was unbelievable as at first sight my mind went back to scenes of Hiroshima, Japan. Approximately 280 square miles of devastation. All the trees that were left standing had absolutely no bark on them. That is how hot and powerful the blast was. The entire face of the mountain had caved in and not only that, but one of the clearest lakes in the world, Spirit Lake was gone. The ground just opened up and the lake had disappeared. Thanks again,

Tonytee
03-24-2016, 06:07 AM   #13931

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Thank you for your comments. You may find this interesting; We had two cats that were behaving rather strangely. They both would walk into the family room and every few steps they would stop and wait for a few seconds then continue on in the same manner. They were able to feel the tremors in their paws. The next day Mt. St. Helens blew her top and the rest is history. About ten years after the eruption my wife and I went to see what was left of the volcano and the surrounding area. It was unbelievable as at first sight my mind went back to scenes of Hiroshima, Japan. Approximately 280 square miles of devastation. All the trees that were left standing had absolutely no bark on them. That is how hot and powerful the blast was. The entire face of the mountain had caved in and not only that, but one of the clearest lakes in the world, Spirit Lake was gone. The ground just opened up and the lake had disappeared. Thanks again,

Tonytee
Tonytee -

We have visited the Mt. St. Helens area 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years. The 'Visitor's Center' (not sure what it's really called) is very interesting and quite impressive. One quick aside...the company I was working for at that time had a branch office in Portland, one of my friends up there sent me a ziploc bag with ashes (which felt more like fine sand) that had fallen on his car in Portland (which is quite a ways from the mountain).
03-24-2016, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #13932
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SMC Tak 55/1.8
03-24-2016, 08:20 AM   #13933
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sandbasser Quote
Tonytee -

We have visited the Mt. St. Helens area 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years. The 'Visitor's Center' (not sure what it's really called) is very interesting and quite impressive. One quick aside...the company I was working for at that time had a branch office in Portland, one of my friends up there sent me a ziploc bag with ashes (which felt more like fine sand) that had fallen on his car in Portland (which is quite a ways from the mountain).
We're 650 mi East of Mt St Helens and we had a heavy coat of ash from the eruption.
03-24-2016, 09:23 PM - 1 Like   #13934
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SMC Takumar 20mm f4.5

I just brought the 20mm Tak home from the post office. Tomorrow I'll take it out for a proper test, but until then this was taken at MFD closed down half a stop to f5.6. If you're having a difficult time reading the brand of camera, remember the characters are reversed in a reflection.

---------- Post added 03-24-16 at 09:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by turkiye2turkiye Quote
K5IIs+ Super-Takumar 50mm

Wideopen (f1.4)

f2.8

That's a wonderful portrait, turkiye. And I really liked the sky in your earlier post, very dramatic.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSLR-A850  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DSLR-A850  Photo 
03-25-2016, 01:58 AM - 1 Like   #13935
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

free post-processing software for lightroom and photoshop

Google Just Made $150 of Great Photography Software Totally Free

This will probably be of interest to someone.

Also, I couldn't wait until tomorrow. The lens (20mm) is challenging me like no other has. Photo taken @ f8.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSLR-A850  Photo