Photos: Gallery
Taken with my trusty Takumar 35mm f/2.3:

01-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #16022
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Your walking partner must be hiding ...
You would be correct, sir Well, probably not hiding, but out of the frame somewhere!
01-04-2019, 10:52 AM - 3 Likes   #16023
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Takumar 20mm club on Flickr

Hello everyone!
I apologize for being out of touch. I just noticed today that my Takumar Club notifications have been going to a junk mail folder that I never check. This has been happening for a long time now I suspect. (I don't know if my increasing exasperation with technology is due to becoming more cantankerous with age or stupidity and malice on the part of the developers. Or both?) Oh well, it gives me a lot of catching up to do.
I just started a Takumar 20mm f4.5 group on Flickr. I've always thought there should be one, but being lazy I was content to wait until someone else started it. But no one has . . . So, finally, I did, and I'd like to invite anyone who has or had this lens to post to it or start or participate in discussions about it.
I wish y'all the best in the coming year(s).

The picture was taken at f4.5 and MFD. Both images were cropped. Daylight light balance was selected. No other post-processing was done.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSLR-A850  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
DSLR-A850  Photo 

Last edited by Andrew_Oid; 01-04-2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Add info about pictures
01-04-2019, 11:07 PM   #16024
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Andrew_Oid Quote
Hello everyone!
I apologize for being out of touch. I just noticed today that my Takumar Club notifications have been going to a junk mail folder that I never check. This has been happening for a long time now I suspect. (I don't know if my increasing exasperation with technology is due to becoming more cantankerous with age or stupidity and malice on the part of the developers. Or both?) Oh well, it gives me a lot of catching up to do.
I just started a Takumar 20mm f4.5 group on Flickr. I've always thought there should be one, but being lazy I was content to wait until someone else started it. But no one has . . . So, finally, I did, and I'd like to invite anyone who has or had this lens to post to it or start or participate in discussions about it.
I wish y'all the best in the coming year(s).

The picture was taken at f4.5 and MFD. Both images were cropped. Daylight light balance was selected. No other post-processing was done.

I never use the notification emails to tell me that something has happened. I used the notification page I see when I log on to the whole forum.

01-05-2019, 08:37 AM - 3 Likes   #16025
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I never use the notification emails to tell me that something has happened. I used the notification page I see when I log on to the whole forum.
Same here - I get too many emails already! It's easier for me to just click "my notifications"

Super Tak 35/3.5 on *ist D:

Last edited by paulh; 01-05-2019 at 08:52 AM.
01-05-2019, 11:09 AM - 4 Likes   #16026
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some sheep. K10D with Tele Takumar 200 f5.6

01-05-2019, 01:35 PM - 7 Likes   #16027
Pentaxian

SMC Tak 35/3.5 on K-50

01-05-2019, 02:07 PM   #16028
Pentaxian

Hello everyone!
I apologize for being out of touch. I just noticed today that my Takumar Club notifications have been going to a junk mail folder that I never check.

I must say I missed you. Happy new year!
01-05-2019, 05:25 PM - 9 Likes   #16029
Pentaxian

Another SMC Tak 35/3.5 with the K-50

01-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #16030
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

creek overlook - Super Tak 35/3.5 on *ist D:
01-06-2019, 10:48 AM - 9 Likes   #16031
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by wkraus Quote
I must say I missed you. Happy new year!
Thank you!
I exhausted my free posting allotment about a year ago, and when I stopped getting notifications about the different Pentaxforums clubs I was enrolled in, I thought I had been dropped. I don't like feeling I'm being compelled to buy more space or upgrade my membership ("pro" on Flickr), so I didn't look into it further. And I just happened to check a junkmail folder a couple of days ago that I never check and saw all these notifications in there when I had been getting them in my inbox from the beginning. Oh well. It seems my posting allotment has been renewed, so I look forward to participating again and hopefully making a meaningful contribution to the community.
It has been a busy time for me. I moved from Bangkok to Arequipa, Peru and am trying to arrange for a permanent residency visa, but I may not stay here. And I spend quite a lot of time following "world events" and their interpretation on YouTube primarily but also in print media. I'm expecting 2019 to be a very difficult time, perhaps even a catastrophic time, but I do wish everyone the best.
And I have been posting to my Flickr account all along. ( William Bolton | Flickr )
This photo was taken with the SMC Takumar 20mm f4.5 at f11 and post-processed in Adobe Lightroom and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSLR-A850  Photo 
01-06-2019, 12:03 PM   #16032
Pentaxian

This photo was taken with the SMC Takumar 20mm f4.5 at f11 and post-processed in Adobe Lightroom and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.

It's great to have you back, and that really is an absolutely excellent photograph to mark your return with.

I usually only use Flickr for hosting photos to post here, but I'll definitely visit your 20mm/4.5 group next time I'm logged in over there. There must be far more Tak 20s out there in the wild than the handful that we know about here on this site, and it'll be interesting to see what turns up in your new group.
01-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #16033
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you!

And I have been posting to my Flickr account all along. ( William Bolton | Flickr )
As Dave said, that is a stunning photo to mark your return. I checked your Flickr photostream and your move from Thailand to Peru has presented you with very different surroundings and you have made the most of the new opportunities.
Keep them coming, please.
01-06-2019, 02:54 PM - 10 Likes   #16034

Some from The Auto Takumar 35/2.3

01-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #16035
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
It's great to have you back, and that really is an absolutely excellent photograph to mark your return with.

I usually only use Flickr for hosting photos to post here, but I'll definitely visit your 20mm/4.5 group next time I'm logged in over there. There must be far more Tak 20s out there in the wild than the handful that we know about here on this site, and it'll be interesting to see what turns up in your new group.
Thanks for your kind words, Dave. I hope you'll post some photos on the Flickr page since you do such good work with the lens. I, too, hope to see some good stuff turn up. It's such an interesting lens.

---------- Post added 01-06-19 at 06:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
As Dave said, that is a stunning photo to mark your return. I checked your Flickr photostream and your move from Thailand to Peru has presented you with very different surroundings and you have made the most of the new opportunities.
Keep them coming, please.
Thank you very much, Ray.
Peru is very different to Thailand, indeed. While the photographic subject matter has changed, my interest in the old glass and what it can do, hasn't, and I'm still basically playing with my lenses. Does that make any sense? Unfortunately, I had to leave the bulk of them, about thirty, in storage in Bangkok, and I'm hoping to get back there soon to bring them here. I don't even have a single 35mm here, and that's probably what I would consider to be my favorite/most versatile focal length. No 28 either.
I've missed the Takumar Club and look forward to participating in it again.
All the best to you.