Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2019, 01:54 PM   #16126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
That book is full on interesting details. Yes, the snapshot indicators are in red so that you can't miss them - as long as you know what they mean. Whenever I use either my 35mm, 28mm or 24mm on the K10D I just set it on the red marking at f/8 safe in the knowledge that the images will be sharp and in focus. Takumars Rule OK!

Gee, does that mean we are taking snapshots in point-and-shoot mode? Nnnnnnnnnnno, we take photos.
Fascinating. I had no idea. I have 24 F3.5, 28 F3.5, plus 35 F2 & F3.5. I'm going to pull them out and have a look.

02-14-2019, 02:35 PM - 3 Likes   #16127
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
I thought that one of the often-advertised charms of driving narrow roads in the UK was getting stopped by herds of sheep being slowly driven across or down the road ahead by local farmers. The part about cars smashing into the sheep seems to get left out of the travel videos and brochures.

Here in western Illinois, on occasion, we will have the case of a drunk teenager, riding a motorcycle or driving a car way too fast, slamming into a stray black angus cow at 2 or 3 o'clock on a Sunday morning. It's hard to blame the cow, though.

Wherever we are in the world, I bet those of us like you and me who live in rural areas (and know how to drive like grown-ups) follow the same basic driving rules. Rule 1: If you can't see around a bend, assume there will be an animal in the road and be prepared to stop. Rule 2: If there's an animal at the side of the road, assume it'll walk out in front of you. It usually will.
02-14-2019, 03:34 PM - 7 Likes   #16128
Veteran Member

3-days trip to Seville, Spain, with just 2 lenses.
The S-M-C Takumar 24mm (this photo) and the Zenitar 16mm fisheye.

02-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #16129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What camera? Details?

02-14-2019, 10:27 PM - 2 Likes   #16130
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Wherever we are in the world, I bet those of us like you and me who live in rural areas (and know how to drive like grown-ups) follow the same basic driving rules. Rule 1: If you can't see around a bend, assume there will be an animal in the road and be prepared to stop. Rule 2: If there's an animal at the side of the road, assume it'll walk out in front of you. It usually will.

And there is an extra rule for kangaroos - they jump along beside you for a while before turning into your path when they realise you are not swerving often enough to get them.
02-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #16131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Davep Quote
What camera? Details?
Pentax K50, f/8, 1/200, ISO 200, CPL filter.
02-15-2019, 10:12 AM - 7 Likes   #16132
Pentaxian

I happened to be passing through Torquay yesterday, so I stopped for a quick walk along the pier with the 17mm. Annoyingly, the way the light was catching the yacht's mast makes it look like a clumsy attempt to darken the sky in post-processing (when I didn't even touch the sky). I considered lightening the mast in PP to make it look like it hadn't been accidentally darkened, but then decided I couldn't be bothered. Having to do processing to make it look like you didn't do processing is just nuts.

I

Last edited by Dartmoor Dave; 02-15-2019 at 10:31 AM.
02-15-2019, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #16133
Pentaxian

Having to do processing to make it look like you didn't do processing is just nuts.
The worst and most difficult kind of processing IMO.
02-15-2019, 11:00 AM - 3 Likes   #16134
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I happened to be passing through Torquay yesterday, so I stopped for a quick walk along the pier with the 17mm. Annoyingly, the way the light was catching the yacht's mast makes it look like a clumsy attempt to darken the sky in post-processing (when I didn't even touch the sky). I considered lightening the mast in PP to make it look like it hadn't been accidentally darkened, but then decided I couldn't be bothered. Having to do processing to make it look like you didn't do processing is just nuts.
Let me see, Dave: you are a photographer; you take photos of all sorts of things; you like some of your pictures; you don't like some of your pictures; you sweat over details nobody else will notice; you think they can all be better if you did just a bit more post processing:

Photographer <=> nuts. That's just the way we are.
02-15-2019, 11:05 AM - 1 Like   #16135
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I happened to be passing through Torquay yesterday, so I stopped for a quick walk along the pier with the 17mm.
Dave, why did you put those fake dark clouds in your otherwise nice photo?
02-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #16136
Pentaxian

Oops, I let some of the crazy leak out again, didn't I? Thanks for the reality check, folks.
02-15-2019, 02:12 PM - 1 Like   #16137
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I
From the moment I saw this image I felt like I was there. The composition and the tones really worked for me. Sometimes I can't express in words the way I feel and this is one of them. It just feels right. No need for any more (or less )) PP, Dave.
02-15-2019, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #16138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oops, I let some of the crazy leak out again, didn't I? Thanks for the reality check, folks.
Occupational hazard that afflicts us all from time to time I really like your comp & mono processing on that one.
02-15-2019, 03:26 PM - 1 Like   #16139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Frosty roof this morning. K3 with Auto-Takumar 55/2.2

02-15-2019, 03:32 PM   #16140
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HoutHans Quote
Here's a panorama made of 6 vertical shots with the Super Takumar 28/3.5. shot at around f/8 I think. This was on a fine winter morning over a lake/swampy area close to my home called Roegwold.IMGP7213-Pano.jpg | Hans Vedder | Flickr
That worked out brilliantly!