Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2019, 12:03 AM   #16141
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Frosty roof this morning. K3 with Auto-Takumar 55/2.2

Since I came here I have been unable to work out how that way of laying roof tiles keeps the roof waterproof for rain in wind blowing in any direction. There is no ridge to stop the water working in across the roof.

02-16-2019, 01:41 AM   #16142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cabessius Quote
3-days trip to Seville, Spain, with just 2 lenses.
The S-M-C Takumar 24mm (this photo) and the Zenitar 16mm fisheye.

Very nice. Seville has some beautiful places to photograph and at this time of year it shouldn't be too hot. The Plaza De Espaņa impressed me a lot when I was there and I spent a good bit of my time wandering around taking a variety of shots.
02-17-2019, 03:34 PM - 2 Likes   #16143
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Some crocuses taken with the SMC Takumar 85-210 on K3. Luckily I have the close focus adapter so was able to get as close as 190 cm.

02-19-2019, 12:21 PM - 8 Likes   #16144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Auto-Taks 55 f2 and 105 f2.8

I just got back from another trip to Cusco (to pick up my new passport). As I mentioned earlier I took the auto-Tak 55 f2 and the auto-Tak 105 f2.8 lenses this time. Here's a sample from each one. More photos from the trip are at my Flickr page, William Bolton | Flickr . I'll be putting them up for a couple of days I think. My last day there was kind of amazing. My 6:30AM flight got cancelled due to bad weather, and I had to wait until the next day (which is today) to fly. There was no compensation despite the fact that the "bad weather" was typical for Cusco at this time of year, that the airline had made frequent cancellations of that particular flight recently, and that they didn't have modern navigational equipment that might've enabled them to fly in adverse weather. Also they could've delayed for an hour or two instead of cancelling, and they didn't have arrangements with the other airlines in the terminal to put their stranded passengers on the other airlines' planes. Suffice it to say, they'll remember my face for awhile. At least, the consumer protection lady made sure I was on the (yup, only one) fight to Arequipa today. There was only a (literal) handful of seats that were available. Anyway, it turned out well because I went back into town to get a meal and saw this Korean lady taking pictures of her food with her cellphone. I laughed because I was doing it with my Sony. Later, while sitting in the Plaza de Armas, I was approached by a Peruvian woman and her daughter who engaged me in conversation. I later found out that they had been bumped that morning, too, by the same airline though a different flight (Peruvian Airlines, though there's no need to mention names). The daughter spoke good English and thought I was funny, so we had a good time. They invited me to visit them at their home along the coast north of Lima. Anyway, we're talking and suddenly they start waving excitedly to someone behind me - the Korean lady. They had met just a little while before at the stone wall I had also just been at and photographed. I saw the two Peruvian women at the airport this morning getting on their flight to Lima. They again urged me to visit, promising to cook all kinds of delicious food for me.
No PP on the 105mm window shot.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7  Photo 

Last edited by Andrew_Oid; 02-19-2019 at 06:58 PM.
02-20-2019, 10:21 PM - 8 Likes   #16145
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

SMC Tak 50/1.4 @ f1.4

SMC Tak 55/1.8 @ f1.8

Super Tak 50/1.4 @ f1.4

Last edited by simple1; 02-20-2019 at 10:28 PM.
02-21-2019, 10:00 AM - 3 Likes   #16146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by simple1 Quote
SMC Tak 50/1.4 @ f1.4
Nice set of photos!

One of the ponds at the Colleyville Nature Center, Colleyville, TX in Dec. 2017. S-M-C Tak 20/4.5 on *ist D:
02-21-2019, 10:26 AM - 4 Likes   #16147
Pentaxian

The Tak 20 wide open. According to reviews I've read, it's so hopelessly soft wide open that you should never even think about using it that way. I beg to differ, and really kinda wish that people would learn how to focus properly before they start giving any Takumar a bad review. (Yes, it has been sharpened slightly in PP, but trust me: it was already pretty sharp to begin with.)

Note: This is not a cute pony photo. This is an animal that has had its natural instincts ruined by being fed from cars by idiots.

02-21-2019, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #16148
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
Note: This is not a cute pony photo. This is an animal that has had its natural instincts ruined by being fed from cars by idiots.
The pony isn't the only animal that has that problem. In my neck of the woods, it's idiots who leave their garbage out so the bears get habituated to eating in back yards. We lose, on average, a bear a year because of this problem. What do you do with a bear that has no respect for humans, particularly children? The drill here is to relocate them, but many of them come back, and then it's the end of the bear. Our little community has just spent $200 a household on new bear proof garbage cans (bins in Dartmoor). My neighbour and I reported another neighbour (anonymously) to the bylaw officer by "donating" the leftovers the bear left on my neighbour's property. He identified the bad guy from receipts in the leftovers. S/he was too lazy to use the new containers.
02-21-2019, 02:12 PM   #16149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And you look to be at risk of losing your foot.
02-21-2019, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #16150
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The pony isn't the only animal that has that problem. In my neck of the woods, it's idiots who leave their garbage out so the bears get habituated to eating in back yards. We lose, on average, a bear a year because of this problem.
Wow, that puts things in perspective. An aggressive pony demanding food is just a minor irritation, but an angry bear is not the sort of wildlife I'd ever want to face.

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
And you look to be at risk of losing your foot.
It wasn't really my foot I was worried about. My right foot was keeping the car door open as I sprawled across both front seats trying to get the pony in frame, while hoping that it didn't decide to take a nibble at me in a particularly sensitive spot.
02-21-2019, 04:33 PM - 1 Like   #16151
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It wasn't really my foot I was worried about. My right foot was keeping the car door open as I sprawled across both front seats trying to get the pony in frame, while hoping that it didn't decide to take a nibble at me in a particularly sensitive spot.
Nah, ponies are vegetarian.
02-21-2019, 05:28 PM - 5 Likes   #16152
Pentaxian

The Tak 20 wide open. According to reviews I've read, it's so hopelessly soft wide open that you should never even think about using it that way. I beg to differ, and really kinda wish that people would learn how to focus properly before they start giving any Takumar a bad review. (Yes, it has been sharpened slightly in PP, but trust me: it was already pretty sharp to begin with.)

People say that about the 50 1.4 as well, even though I find it far superior to the future 50s from pentax (at least my 8 element version).

02-21-2019, 06:49 PM   #16153
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Nice set of photos!
Thanks Paul. Yous and others post have helped me a lot with trying to get an interesting composition. And going from strictly af zooms to manual primes has been a blast.
02-22-2019, 09:22 PM - 1 Like   #16154
Pentaxian

Just paid for a 90 dollar Auto-Tak 35mm f2.3. The reason for the super cheap price is because of the rough condition of the barrel and as the seller describes "very light haze" on the outer edge of the rear element.

Very excited for this lens, hope it doesn't have any undisclosed issues.
02-23-2019, 02:03 AM - 5 Likes   #16155
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Backlit leaves. K10D with SMC Takumar 50/1.4. I made the mistake of going into an amazing camera shop and came out with this lovely lens.