Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #16246
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Well, it will work from Google Photos if you do this:

1. Choose your Google Photos image and click on the Share icon.
2. Click on Create Link and then click on Copy.
3. Go to Embed Google Photos in your Website in your browser
4. Paste the copied link into the box that says “PASTE GOOGLE PHOTOS LINK HERE” and click on “GENERATE CODE”.
5. When the code is generated it will then automatically scroll down
6. Copy the link under “Direct Link (URL)”
7. In your forum post, click on the “Insert Image” icon (mountains and sun) and paste the copied link.
8. Click on “Preview Post” and your image should be there.

But I am glad that you posted the image from Flickr because that is one superb image. Great colours, contrast and detail. Good camera and lens combo.
Well, that is way too much faffing about... I'll stick to Flickr for now.

And thanks!

03-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #16247
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Well, that is way too much faffing about... I'll stick to Flickr for now.

And thanks!
Yes, I agree. I will only use that method for images that I don't want to put on Flickr.
03-10-2019, 09:36 AM - 6 Likes   #16248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yesterday at the ponds with the Super Tak 35/3.5 on K10D:
03-10-2019, 10:17 AM   #16249
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote

That's a beauty, Paul. Great to see you using one of your Taks on your K10D -- that camera and these lenses are a marriage made in heaven.

03-10-2019, 11:11 AM   #16250
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rayallen Quote
Dave,
Thank you so much for that vital and important piece of information. You have finally solved the last bit of the puzzle as to why you, goatsNdonkey and Paul could post images from Google Photos while others and I could not. They were actually images from Google+ that were now visible in Google Photos. As I had never posted any images in Google+ mine had the rules from Google Photos applied to them. Which, of course, begs the question: why did they change the rules?
I guess we will never know but we do have a work around. And that allows you to maintain your rage against Flickr.

Keep showing us your images via Google Photos. It would be so dull here without you and your ponies.
...except, to the best of my (sometimes faulty) recollection, I never had Google+, and the images I am posting here were uploaded into Google Photos often only minutes (or usually not more than a few days) beforehand.
03-10-2019, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #16251
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
...except, to the best of my (sometimes faulty) recollection, I never had Google+, and the images I am posting here were uploaded into Google Photos often only minutes (or usually not more than a few days) beforehand.
There always has to be an exception to the rule, doesn't there? Oh well, back to the drawing board. So, I still don't know why your method works for you and not for Minimonster and me. I do believe that it is working as designed for me as Google have said that they don't support cross linking from forums.

If your simple method works for you then go for it. It does not work for me so I will have to use my slightly more complex method. C'est la vie!
03-10-2019, 11:24 PM   #16252
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
That's a beauty, Paul. Great to see you using one of your Taks on your K10D -- that camera and these lenses are a marriage made in heaven.
Thanks Dave, and you're correct - they are a great match!

QuoteOriginally posted by goatsNdonkey Quote
I never used Google+ either, but I have a large collection of older photos uploaded to Google (formerly Picasa Web Albums). I still post some of those old photos here on PF, most recently the Firewheel flower bokeh shot in the Bokeh, and K10D Club threads. I haven't uploaded anything to Google since about 2011 or so when I joined Flickr. I'll have to give it a try again to see if I can still link them here on PF.

03-11-2019, 01:04 AM   #16253
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree - on both counts.
03-11-2019, 01:12 AM   #16254
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a large collection of older photos uploaded to Google (formerly Picasa Web Albums). I still post some of those old photos here on PF, most recently the Firewheel flower bokeh shot in the Bokeh, and K10D Club threads. I haven't uploaded anything to Google since about 2011 or so when I joined Flickr. I'll have to give it a try again to see if I can still link them here on PF.
I think that the Google+ rules apply to Picasa. And you have reminded me that I have a few images there which I had totally forgotten about. They were taken with my K10D. So, it will be a good test to see if I can display them here - in the K10D thread as they were not taken with a Tak.

Last edited by rayallen; 03-11-2019 at 01:15 PM.
03-11-2019, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #16255

Great Reflections
I agree With Dave, K10Ds and Tak Lenses are A Real Joy To Use
03-12-2019, 05:18 PM - 2 Likes   #16256
Pentaxian

Foothills Brewery's flagship Jade IPA. SMC Takumar 55mm f/2, wide open.

03-14-2019, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #16257
Pentaxian

Somebody with a grand total of three posts has just reviewed the 35mm/3.5 with an overall rating of 6 and a "no" recommendation. We really need to have some sort of a right of reply against these people in the reviews section of this forum.
03-14-2019, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #16258
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Somebody with a grand total of three posts has just reviewed the 35mm/3.5 with an overall rating of 6 and a "no" recommendation. We really need to have some sort of a right of reply against these people in the reviews section of this forum.
It's too bad we can't give his review a "thumbs down"
03-14-2019, 12:42 PM   #16259
Veteran Member

It's too bad we can't give his review a "thumbs down"
he has alot of reviews up rhe 55 f 2 he rated a 9... overly generois on that one imo . i like both my 28 and 35 3.5

03-14-2019, 12:48 PM - 2 Likes   #16260
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just checked it out... I lost all interest in the review when I read:

"Very difficult to open the lens cluster to clean away any dirt inside".

If a lens has been apart by an amateur then all bets are off for what I'd call a pure review. Don't get me wrong, there are many on here that could probably do a fine job cleaning their own lenses, but to then pan a lens that is pretty well known for being good to very good for lackluster performance makes the whole situation one where I personally would have enough self doubt in my ability to reassemble properly to keep my review to myself.

My other life long hobby is replete with amateurs who take apart small 2 cycle engines to "clean" them or inspect them, and then somehow reassemble it with the sleeve in backwards, then wonder why the engine runs like a dog...

Eric