Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 745 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #676
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Sharon, for some strange reason. the shot you posted of the Tamron 200mm 3.5 lens only just came through for me--amazing. Anyway, looking at your shot, it is clear to me that the lens I posted a pic of in my 1st thread is clearly not the same Tamron 200mm 3.5. Sorry, my bad.

Good luck finding more information on the mystery lens. Is there anything in the 2nd thread I posted which helps?
Jewelltrail,

Thanks for posting the sites, I looked, but, no, no more info. And I afraid to say that two days ago, while shooting, I could not longer move the focus ring completely in either direction, something is holding it up. I had trouble getting it off my Pentak adapter and must have forced something when twisting, though I'm not very strong (bad hand and wrist joints). In fact I ended up using a lens back cap to get it off.

I figure it would cost more to repair than what I paid, so I'm bummed. It was fine when I got it so won't try to return it either. I really liked the lens. Maybe someday I'll think about a repair anyhow.

Thanks for all your help.

Shaorn

04-14-2010, 10:00 PM   #677
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Penmacgal: And I afraid to say that two days ago, while shooting, I could not longer move the focus ring completely in either direction, something is holding it up. I had trouble getting it off my Pentak adapter and must have forced something when twisting, though I'm not very strong (bad hand and wrist joints). In fact I ended up using a lens back cap to get it off.

I figure it would cost more to repair than what I paid, so I'm bummed. It was fine when I got it so won't try to return it either. I really liked the lens. Maybe someday I'll think about a repair anyhow.
Ouch?! Sooooooo sorry to hear this.
04-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #678
Veteran Member

Tamron 17-50 @ f8, 1.6 secs, ISO 100 32.5mm

Last edited by Jewelltrail; 12-18-2010 at 08:52 PM.
04-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #679
Inactive Account

Hi guys, I just got my 17-50 in the mail today

Unfortunately i've got a broken arm so I haven't had much of a play with it.

04-15-2010, 03:41 AM   #680
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fractal Quote

nice find! did you buy it used from the forum?
04-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #681
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Fractal:Hi guys, I just got my 17-50 in the mail today

LBA Encyclopedia: II.23.a "When convalescing with a broken arm, ALWAYS only order AF lenses to try out @ home." Good job Fractal, adhering to the LBAers code of conduct, even with the broken arm. Nice pick up and welcome aboard! Looking forward to your posts here.
04-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #682

Tamron 70-200 f2.8

Something different from my Tammy a couple of close focus shots. Unfortunately the photo of the dragonfly lost some of its sharpness when downsizing for the web.

Last edited by Ivor K Ecks; 06-04-2010 at 12:19 AM.
04-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #683
Veteran Member

LBA Encyclopedia: II.23.a "When convalescing with a broken arm, ALWAYS only order AF lenses to try out @ home." Good job Fractal, adhering to the LBAers code of conduct, even with the broken arm. Nice pick up and welcome aboard! Looking forward to your posts here.
LOL. funny...
04-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #684
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums

That arm shot is AWESOME, but it's a little dark on my monitor. (Focus is superb.)

Also, unless it was flopped, it looks like you broke your right arm (HOW!?), and unless you're a lefty and unless you had the cam on a tripod, that's pretty damn good for your non-dominant arm!
04-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #685
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
Do you mean the lens, or the broken arm?
04-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #686
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoso Quote
I got a new copy from ebay at a reasonable price. I was bidding for one in my area but it ended up selling for $40 cheaper than a new one! Bugger that.

Thanks for the welcome. The only other lens I have is a Super Takumar and that is a b**ch to focus with my dodgey arm.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
That arm shot is AWESOME, but it's a little dark on my monitor. (Focus is superb.)

Also, unless it was flopped, it looks like you broke your right arm (HOW!?), and unless you're a lefty and unless you had the cam on a tripod, that's pretty damn good for your non-dominant arm!
Thanks Ira. Yeh, it's the right arm and i'm right handed. Bicycle incident that i'd rather not talk about

The worst thing is that the cast nearly goes all the way up to my shoulder so I can't even bend my elbow! This makes things very difficult. I have enough trouble getting my pants on let alone composing & taking a photo!
04-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #687
Inactive Account

Anyway, I went to the cemetery yesterday & got one shot I was happy with.

04-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #688
Veteran Member

Carl, Sorry to hear about the arm. That stinks....If someone came out with a left handed camera, I believe they would sell well. I would buy one.
04-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #689
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Carl, Sorry to hear about the arm. That stinks....If someone came out with a left handed camera, I believe they would sell well. I would buy one.
Thanks Javier. Ahhh so you're a lefty..
04-16-2010, 10:28 PM   #690
Veteran Member

Thanks Javier. Ahhh so you're a lefty..
Yep, but have learned to use my right hand as if it was my left.