Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4264 Likes Search this Thread
05-14-2013, 06:12 PM - 2 Likes   #1651
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
here it is again. The meteor crater in the Arizona desert. This thing is huge.
I coincidentally am at the very moment transfering some captions from Photobucket to SlickPic, and they cover my travels here...

La Posada in Winslow AZ.

Last edited by SpecialK; 05-29-2013 at 12:32 PM.
05-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #1652
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I coincidentally am at the very moment transfering some captions from Photobucket to SlickPic, and they cover my travels here...
Awsome!
05-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #1653
Veteran Member

A couple from me.....finally camping weather....

And grabbing your sleeping bag to crash *anywhere* after a few days of fun...

Last edited by SteveM; 05-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.
05-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #1654

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Originally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
here it is again. The meteor crater in the Arizona desert. This thing is huge.
I coincidentally am at the very moment transfering some captions
SpecialK and Racer X 69: it shows that it's huge, great pictures! I believe anything that's curvy makes a good subject for a fisheye.

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
camping....
nice shots, those trees look tall with this fisheye treatment. (is that a sword? to fend of bears?)

05-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #1655

a glass dome, where you can walk inside... that sounded like I needed a wide view.. so I decided to take my 10-17 fisheye zoom. and didn't regret.
the dome of the reichstag, Berlin:

05-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #1656
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beeldmark Quote
SpecialK and Racer X 69: it shows that it's huge, great pictures! I believe anything that's curvy makes a good subject for a fisheye.
Thank you beeldmark!

Racer.
05-25-2013, 05:56 AM   #1657
GPZ
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Some pictures I took last September in Italy at 10mm with my DA 10-17.

Attached Images

05-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #1658
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Yes, I live in Gunnison so it's pretty close. Neat place!
Have you ever seen the pictures that Ansel Adams took of the whole area from what is now the Curacanti National recreation area down through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison?? It is just amazing for I can not figure out how he managed that big camera and all his gear in that narrow space on either side of the river. At least one picture we have was identified as being taken in late fall in the canyon. Another showed prospectors panning for gold where one of lakes is now. I suppose water levels would have been lower in the fall to help him get through there.
05-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #1659
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kacansas03 Quote
Have you ever seen the pictures that Ansel Adams took of the whole area from what is now the Curacanti National recreation area down through the Black Canyon of the Gunnison?? It is just amazing for I can not figure out how he managed that big camera and all his gear in that narrow space on either side of the river. At least one picture we have was identified as being taken in late fall in the canyon. Another showed prospectors panning for gold where one of lakes is now. I suppose water levels would have been lower in the fall to help him get through there.
No! Where could I find them? Sounds really cool (and will be humbling I'm sure).
05-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #1660
Pentaxian

poppies...

Sigma 15mm
05-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #1661
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
No! Where could I find them? Sounds really cool (and will be humbling I'm sure).
We have a book that was printed in Colorado that is the old "coffee table" size that had like one page showing the Ansel Adams pic and the next facing page the same place 100 years later. It was from sometime around the 80's or 90's or so. I am going to be laid up after a surgery that happens tomorrow for a month or two but I will try to remember to find it and tell you the title of the book. It was simply a huge book that was given to my wife by her uncle who is native to Carbondale, CO. I grew up in Western Kansas and loved visiting the southern half of Colorado in my youth including the Gunnison area. When I married the second time in 83 I had no idea that she had such a book till we moved to MN years later and found it while packing. It stopped the packing for awhile while I and my children oozed and aahhed over the book! Send a PM about this so I will remember to look it up when I am back up and around in 6 to 8 weeks. It is spinal column surgery that is very necessary but is a major surgery.
05-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #1662
Veteran Member

Costa atlantica

Lobby of Costa Atlantica ( Fuji Reala 100 film )

Tea Room

05-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #1663

QuoteOriginally posted by maverickh Quote
Lobby of Costa Atlantica ( Fuji Reala 100 film )
Now that is an impressive lobby! Fisheye well used! Il like the warm, vibrant colors too.
05-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #1664
Veteran Member

Nice! Cruise ships are a great place for fisheyes. I wish I'd had one when I was on the Costa Fortuna a few years ago, I loved the art deco decor.

Here are fisheye shots on the Carnival Dream a few months ago:

Pat
05-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #1665
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Some shots around the house with the Sigma 8mm Circular Fisheye I stole of eBay recently.

Flowers in the flowerbed.

Two shots of one of my Japanese maple trees. I can't decide which one I like better, so y'all will have to look at both of them.

Part of my 6.25 acres of paradise. That's a lot of grass to mow.

It was a beautiful sunny Pacific Northwet day!