Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #151
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice images maxwell1295. Like the B&W a lot. The building shot really accents the name of the place. Glad to see a Portrait too. Well done on both.

Haven't tried the tinfoil trick yet. Not sure I want to modify my camera.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #22 WINNERS in compact camera forum. Enter #23. Any brand camera. Enter now.

11-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Composer with double glass optic. K-7. These women are fast!
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #24 WINNERS. Enter #25 in compact camera forum. Any brand camera. Enter now!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Last edited by barondla; 02-20-2010 at 06:54 AM.
03-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #153
Veteran Member

G3 (on a K20d) at home, natural light and in camera converted in to B&W + sepia...

Last edited by philippe; 08-19-2011 at 12:09 PM.
03-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Phillipe, your B&W + sepia is very atmospheric. The composition is simple and dramatic. Well done.

3G requires practice to master. You have it nailed. Would love to see more images.
thanks
barondla

Enter the current POINT & SHOOT CONTEST in compact camera forum. Any brand camera. Enter now!

05-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #155
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I misplaced the little aperture container for my LensBaby 2.0 for a solid year and the lens sat unused. I recently rediscovered the aperture container and the lens has gone back into service again.

Pentax K20D
LensBaby 2.0

05-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #156
Veteran Member

That's ^ a very nice shot, Mike.
05-19-2010, 04:59 AM   #157
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks very much. I must say that after seeing Barondla's great race shot I really want a Composer.

Pentax K20D
LensBaby 2.0

05-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice images Mike Cash. Favorite is the over head view. B&W adds drama to the images.

Have lost my aperture discs a few times. Now keep the tool in the macro case, with the LB closeup lenses. They do sell replacements (only had to do that once). Couldn't go a year without the baby!

Thanks for the compliment on the racing pic. The Composer is great to use. Some feel the Muse/2.0 is faster. Disagree, you just have to get used to bending the Composer while turning the focus. It can be done at the same time with practice (hear that Allen Iverson).

Will have to post another image later on.
thanks
barondla

06-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #159
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just beyond Eden.

The recent B&W images inspired me to try monochrome. Pentax DS, Lensbaby Composer, .42X Super Wide Lens, Hoya Infra red filter, ISO200, F4 approx 1.3 seconds. Tripod.

thanks
barondla
Attached Images

06-09-2010, 03:39 AM   #160
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The recent loss/misplacing of the bulk of my SD card capacity has led to my doing a lot of b/w shots lately just to save on disk space, as I was down to a single 4gb card. I finally broke down and bought a 16gb card to replace the two lost 8gb cards. Naturally, the next day I found one of them!

I Told You It Was Too Short!

Pentax K20D
LensBaby 2.0

06-09-2010, 05:25 AM   #161

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I misplaced the little aperture container for my LensBaby 2.0 for a solid year and the lens sat unused. I recently rediscovered the aperture container and the lens has gone back into service again.
Now that, Mike, is a cracking image! Some great stuff throughout this thread by all. Just had a look and it seems Lensbabies are at the cheaper end of (brand new) LBA, hmm....
06-10-2010, 06:12 AM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great image Mike. You used the Lensbaby perfectly to make the shipping containers look even taller. Title really describes the scene.

digital/CG, the Lensbaby is a lot of fun. It challenges you to see the world in different ways. Not sure any other lens does this to the same degree.

LB are basically custom lenses. You pick the body type (Muse, Composer, Control Freak), pick the optics (double glass, single glass, plastic, pinhole zoneplate), select the aperture ( from F2-22 + different shapes). Its all about what you, the photographer, want. Now there is a fisheye lens, and portrait lens too. The photographer (Craig Strong) that invented this is a genius. Get one.
thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #31 in compact camera forum. Enter #32. Any brand camera. Enter now!
06-10-2010, 06:18 AM   #163
Veteran Member

Original Poster
They're a hell of a lot of fun at night. They let you take things interestingly when there is not enough light to really take them well.

Pentax K20D
LensBaby 2.0

If they offered the Composer in M42 mount I probably would have ordered one already.
06-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #164
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
They let you take things interestingly when there is not enough light to really take them well.
Mike, I never thought of it like that, I must get me one of those, just for when I totally cock it up, it's a bit like having a "get out of jail card free".
06-11-2010, 05:51 AM   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike, thats a great night image. Very mysterious. B&W looks perfect. Nice catch.

Call Lensbaby and ask for a Composer in m42, betcha they will come up with one. Craig, the owner, has done "custom" lenses before for people. Have seen them sell replacement mounts, for insecure people who change camera brands. Call their officer of customer happiness and ask. Very easy company to deal with.

If that doesn't work buy a Composer with the thinnest mount (Canon?), grind the bayonet away, mount a screw thread T mount adapter to it. LBs should have plenty of extra focus room to make that work.
thanks
barondla