Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 323 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The snow has melted completely, white Christmas is gone and gray, wet and cold, fall like weather has taken over...

LB 2.0, f4, plastic bag over the lens:

Regards,
D

01-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #212
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
1st image sure looks like a character. Maybe stunt double for someone in ZZ top?
Good image. Like the 2xtc with the baby.

Of the second set, favorite is the lanterns against the sky. Very graphic image. Have never tied plastic over the lens. Add that to my list of things to try.
thanks for sharing
barondla

Last edited by barondla; 01-02-2011 at 07:09 PM.
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #213
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Evil genius bastard is what he is.

I'm sitting here trying desperately to not order some stuff from Lens Baby and Satan's right hand man has to come by and tempt me.
01-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #214
Veteran Member

Thanks, Barondla, appreciate it!

What I find amazing about whatever LB I use, experimenting is part of the joy of owning one. Confession - I don't have enough patience with PS3, specially for creation of special effects in post processing. And with LB, I have what I need/want/crave to get that "look" I envisioned. So I play around with them quite a bit at little or no cost.

Plastic bag - really just a cheap sandwich bag (both layers) stretched over the hood of the lens, holding it in place is a rubber band. I like the moody look with it, I think it acquires the soft focus and muted detail as Plastic optic, but with out that dreamy look that Plastic optics gives.

Another recent little experiment - $1.00 37mm UV filters... I simply remove the glass, cut plastic circles to size (from old CD cases), than use various grit sand paper on plastic, until I "think" I have the effect I wanted. I'll get some daylight later in the week, will post...

Mike - you really cracking me up!!! And "...trying desperately to not order some stuff from Lens Baby..." Yeah, good luck with that! What's on the list?

BTW, that old, cheap x2 TC is Sears, bought it here, on the forum for next to nothing, and whatever optical formula it uses, I really like how it works with Composer, I find little to no loss in image quality. Wide open with Sears TC:

Regards,
D

01-04-2011, 02:50 AM   #215
Veteran Member

Muse with friends over dinners the other night.

Last edited by xjjohnno; 03-04-2011 at 01:12 PM.
01-04-2011, 03:07 AM   #216
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Mike - you really cracking me up!!! And "...trying desperately to not order some stuff from Lens Baby..." Yeah, good luck with that! What's on the list?
The Composer, single glass, and the wide/tele set. I could live with just the wide/tele set for the moment, since they will work on my LB2 and both 30mm and 80mm would be far more useful to me than 50mm. I probably would have already gotten the Composer a long time ago if they had offered it in M42 mount....it takes me a while to build up to the idea of buying something in K-mount. I'll always be glad I managed to get my LB2 in M42 mount before they became unavailable.

I could go ahead and order the stuff....but my wife has been a real sport lately, going along with me getting a new tripod last week (all I've had until now was a 1kg travel model) and I'm awaiting delivery on an old flash and a new umbrella softbox that I got via auction, and she is even on board for the purchase of a K5 later in the year....so I don't want to abuse her tolerance for my money-eating photography habit.
01-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Duh Vinci, your construction worker image is special. The 2x works well with the LB. Amazed it stays so sharp in the sweet spot. Have an old Vivitar 2x (no electrical contacts) that I have used briefly with custom aps. Have to try a straight shot after seeing yours. Not sure it will match the Sears sharpness.

xjjohnno, lovely portarits with the Muse. The soft color enhances the subjects nicely. Which optic were they shot with?

Also like the arm between two wine glasses. Out of the ordinary subject mixture. Studied the image a long time. Raises questions with the viewer.

Mike Cash, good luck holding off on Composer or accessories. Not easy to do! I have failed.

Tried the twin lens kit. The tele was pretty cool (especially for macro). Didn't get into the wide angle much. Not really wide on our sensors. Love the Super Wide. It gives a 20mm lens and allows for wide angle compositions. Bought it.

LB might be able to cook up a Composer with screw thread. They have done tougher things. Just ask. They will convert the mount to others if one changes camera brands. If not you might be able to take a T adapter, remove the center ring, and permanently attach it to the Composer. Try first to see if it will focus to infinity - think it would.

thanks
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #37 in compact camera forum. Enter #38. Any brand camera enter now!

01-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #218
Veteran Member

Muse usig the f5.6 aperture, no add on element.
01-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #219

I think I'm going to enjoy this forum!
I just got a Lensbaby and although I haven't taken any shots that I lOVE I have enjoyed taking and reviewing them.
03-03-2011, 07:29 PM   #220
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tried some more sports with the K-7, Composer/double glass optic and high ISO.

thanks for looking
barondla

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST #39 in compact camera forum. Enter #40. Any brand camera. Enter now!
Attached Images

05-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #221
Forum Member

I've had my composer for a about a week (and my K-R for about a week more), and I've been having so much fun with them both. Sure beats having to prise my fiancée's Nikon out of her grasp

These were all done with a double glass optic, either wide open or f/2.8. I used a 0.42x superwide lens for the Porsche and the door numbers.

05-13-2011, 05:15 AM   #222
Veteran Member

I just flipped thru 4 or 5 pages of this thread.
Now I feel drunk....
05-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Joe Nation, congratulations on the new Pentax and Lensbaby. You are right - they are a lot of fun! Like your images. #67is my favorite. Please post more.
thanks
barondla
06-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #224

Here are a few of my first attempts with the Lensbaby 3G, a few with the macro lenses too. These were using the K7 and the f4 disc. I still have a long ways to go..

Martin
06-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #225

Here are 3 more:

Martin