Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-11-2018, 05:28 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob L Quote
I have a bunch of Pentacon Six mount lenses that I've tried on the Z ...see below.

Various focal lengths
300mm lenses

Bob
Interesting examples. Thanks for posting these up, Bob.

02-27-2018, 06:08 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
CZJ Biotar 120mm f 2.8

Frosty views in northern Ohio in early morning.

KIT: K-1 with adapted P6 CZJ 120mm f 2.8. One of my favorite CZJ lenses. Works well on 645D also. Very sharp, good bokeh, not too heavy, and easy to use on Av mode because the lens stays stopped down so there is no need for green button. You can easily focus at 2.8 and then count clicks of aperture ring to move back to stop down to desired aperture. Like most/all CZJ lenses, focussing ring turns opposite to the Pentax way.

ADDED NOTE: This lens is good also if you don't like photoshopping all your images to make them acceptable for viewing. These four images are all unedited JPEGs right out of the camera.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by ivanvernon; 02-27-2018 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Added note.
03-04-2018, 08:12 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
CZJ180 on the K-1

Here is one of my infrequent portraiture efforts using the classic Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f 2.8 on the K-1.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
04-08-2018, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a shot with a Pentacon 120mm lens on a Pentax 645N. I can't recall the film type. The lens says Carl Zeiss Jena on it. I also use it on the 645D. Good to know I can use it on the k-1 as well. There is an article on these lenses at http://www.pentaconsix.com/praktisix_zeiss_1.pdf, but It will take some time to get through it, because my German is not that great.
Steve Harris

Attached Images

Last edited by dshfoto; 04-08-2018 at 06:57 AM.