Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 302 Likes Search this Thread
01-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #196
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Was browsing through some older files and came across this. Think this was the first shot with my 43 on my K-1, and 19th shot with my K-1 in general.

Absolutely beautiful chiaroscuro!

01-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #197
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
And a little later the same day with the 43, my trusty model about to break into one of her silly grins.

Cute beast! A bit browner than mine. Those grins are a sign of anxiety, sadly (or just a need for releasing some body heat while on a walk). Most people confuse them with a smile.

01-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #198
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by torashi Quote
What kind of extension tubes are you using? Asking because one without contacts would limit the aperture to f/22.
A deglassed teleconverter with contacts. Cheapie unit I picked up ages ago.
01-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Absolutely beautiful chiaroscuro!
Cute beast! A bit browner than mine. Those grins are a sign of anxiety, sadly (or just a need for releasing some body heat while on a walk). Most people confuse them with a smile.
Thank you so much on the flower! She was having her Kong thrown. Perhaps anxious of where the next toss was going. It's her favorite play, and she will sit there with the Kong in mouth waiting to be taken out.

01-08-2020, 11:56 AM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I have put my 40mm xs on eBay to raise cash to pay for a Fuji X-E1 that I have already purchased. I thought it would be fun, before it sells, to pair them up. I am now considering removing the listing, it was that good

Nice shots. How are you setting the aperture? Or just shooting f/22 with a dumb adapter?

01-08-2020, 12:03 PM   #201
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots. How are you setting the aperture? Or just shooting f/22 with a dumb adapter?

I can't speak for him, but when I used my DA 40 on my m43 gear I used it with a DA style adapter that had a continuously variable aperture control. It has "open/closed" written on it but there are no click stops and you can continuously adjust aperture as you like it. I have a vague idea of what each looks like (usually refreshed by doing some test shots on the K-3 before going out) and I just wing it. Aperture in this case is not very accurately set but since the meter does not care I just shoot and enjoy. Wider open when required and more closed when required. It's a bit zen.

In theory you could create markings on the adapter(s) and use a dedicated adapter or a laminated guide you put on and off to get more accurate aperture. You could also carry a printed sheet with markings showing the size of the opening for a given lens at a given aperture. Or just wing it.
01-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #202
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
A deglassed teleconverter with contacts. Cheapie unit I picked up ages ago.
Cool, I got one of those, too, but for my longer lenses. Glass is bad, needed to go, might benefit from some black paint inside on the threads, but as-is improves MFD.

01-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #203
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
It definitely needs a CLA. There are a couple of screws that calibrate automatic apertures. They could also be the culprit. It's best to send it in for a service before it gets worse.
if you are talking about my lens

I find it curious how you can diagnose a problem

based on what I posted

not knowing what pp I may have done

how good your monitor is

etc.

I claim no expertise in photography, just posting a lot

but still ???
01-08-2020, 12:12 PM   #204
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I can't speak for him, but when I used my DA 40 on my m43 gear I used it with a DA style adapter that had a continuously variable aperture control. It has "open/closed" written on it but there are no click stops and you can continuously adjust aperture as you like it. I have a vague idea of what each looks like (usually refreshed by doing some test shots on the K-3 before going out) and I just wing it. Aperture in this case is not very accurately set but since the meter does not care I just shoot and enjoy. Wider open when required and more closed when required. It's a bit zen.

In theory you could create markings on the adapter(s) and use a dedicated adapter or a laminated guide you put on and off to get more accurate aperture. You could also carry a printed sheet with markings showing the size of the opening for a given lens at a given aperture. Or just wing it.
Ok, good to know. I'm familiar with the Samsung K to NX adapter. Been meaning to modify it to another mount, but have never actually gotten into it. Still in the design phase. Only finished the measurements and drawings.

01-08-2020, 12:14 PM   #205
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
if you are talking about my lens

I find it curious how you can diagnose a problem

based on what I posted

not knowing what pp I may have done

how good your monitor is

etc.

I claim no expertise in photography, just posting a lot

but still ???
Sorry, was meant to reply to JW. Fixing it.

01-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #206
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry, was meant to reply to JW. Fixing it.
no problems

I thought that might have been the case
01-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Aha, well, k&f concept do an adapter that moves the aperture bar at the back of the lens. You are guesstimating to a degree but it does mean I can use every AF lens I use and control the aperture
01-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #208
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Aha, well, k&f concept do an adapter that moves the aperture bar at the back of the lens. You are guesstimating to a degree but it does mean I can use every AF lens I use and control the aperture
Fotodiox also does a version that works like this. I use one with my Pentax lenses on an a6000.
04-26-2020, 12:11 PM - 2 Likes   #209
Veteran Member

I believe this is the right club here... Pentax K-50 and DA 40 XS...

05-17-2020, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #210
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
been awhile since I posted here

[ and since any one posted here ]

K 3 II + SMC Pentax-FA 43mm F 1.9 Limited
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo