Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 916 Likes Search this Thread
01-28-2023, 03:03 PM - 4 Likes   #811
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Picture taken in Covid time, while I was busy repurposing an old beautifully decorated walnut cupboard with the aim of displaying/storing some of my old lenses.
The part pictured in this photo is protected by glass, and was meant to contain most of my M42 lenses. Mission impossible, I have too many, and some are too big.
In the end the bigger ones, plus a lot of macro optics (bellows heads, RMS, enlarging lenses useful for inverted use) are stored in the middle section of this piece of furniture, that unfortunately is not protected from dust.
The lower section is the biggest, but unfortunately the content is hidden behind wooden doors. I ended up storing there a few folding cameras (8x10" and 4x5"), plus Pentax 6x7 and Mamiya Press stuff.
Some of my M42 lenses are still in search of a place where they can be put on display, but at least I found a great place (visible!) for all my beloved repro heavyweights. Mos of them are real beauties
A solution is in the pipeline. I am short of room, so I decided to restore the top of another old cupboard and hang it on top of the heating element. No other place left in a huge room. My wife is speechless
She knew I had a lot of photographic stuff but she didn't have the full picture of the situation... Fortunately she agreed to have in her room a very old portrait studio camera that takes the space of an armchair. I am consolidating everything in the same place, a rather standard city apartment, and I realised I had absolutely no room left for it in my studio.

If you spot a few intruders among the M42's, good eye: they are all adapted optics originally meant for Pentacon Six and Kiev 8x cameras.

I'd be very curious to see the solution found by other members to store/display their collection of lenses.
The most challenging aspect is to make all of them visible. At the point in time I took this picture, I already had around 80 lenses stored there, but most are just invisible (there are three or four in a row) cause the one in front hides the others...

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 01-28-2023 at 03:10 PM.
01-28-2023, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #812
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
I'd be very curious to see the solution found by other members to store/display their collection of lenses.

digging it!

here's what I've done:

the big grey box project - or where am I going to store 50+ lenses and the rest of it - PentaxForums.com
01-29-2023, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #813
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Thanks.I missed it!
Interesting.
Gave me a few ideas
Comments, questions and suggestions about your solution will follow.
I will post them on that thread
01-29-2023, 07:02 AM - 3 Likes   #814
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Ampro film projector's lens:

01-30-2023, 07:24 AM - 2 Likes   #815
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Come to think of it, I may have too many 50-60mm macros. I couldn't choose over over another, maybe the Sigma and OM Mount Zuiko come in last place, but they're still lovely lenses that produce great. I like Macro lenses, yet seldom do Macro shots!
The same.
I love macro... in principle But it needs time, good lighting, and often the shot must be "staged", which requires a good amount of dedication (especially at high reproduction rates).
So I am shooing very few real macros, unfortunately.
Though most macro optics are just great for other uses, and I end up using them that way much more often than at close range.
01-30-2023, 01:16 PM - 1 Like   #816

Ampro film projector's lens:

That one looks nice!!! Are you planning to adapt it for photo use? Being a 16mm one, it will only fit mirrorless cameras due to the short flange distance.
01-30-2023, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #817
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ghpicard Quote
That one looks nice!!! Are you planning to adapt it for photo use? Being a 16mm one, it will only fit mirrorless cameras due to the short flange distance.
no - this is sitting in a flea market and not here with me...

02-01-2023, 05:12 AM - 4 Likes   #818
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

02-01-2023, 05:13 AM   #819
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Come to think of it, I may have too many 50-60mm macros. I couldn't choose over over another, maybe the Sigma and OM Mount Zuiko come in last place, but they're still lovely lenses that produce great. I like Macro lenses, yet seldom do Macro shots!

can you explain this concept, please, the "too many" thing....?

(:
02-01-2023, 02:43 PM - 2 Likes   #820
Pentaxian

can you explain this concept, please, the "too many" thing....?
"too many" = unit of measurement used by significant other in relation to the amount of time or tangible assets bestowed to a particular hobby or joyful activity by the hobbyist or enthusiast.
02-01-2023, 04:15 PM - 4 Likes   #821
Pentaxian

Does this sort of thing qualify for this club?

Acquired very cheaply when Fujica's AX-mount cameras were out of fashion … sold to a collector in Japan not so long ago for several hundred pounds
02-01-2023, 04:19 PM   #822
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kypfer Quote
Does this sort of thing qualify for this club?

Acquired very cheaply when Fujica's AX-mount cameras were out of fashion … sold to a collector in Japan not so long ago for several hundred pounds

of course it qualifies - lovely 50mm f1.2..... I use an AX-mount 55/1.6 on my Fuji bodies nowadays.....
02-07-2023, 05:25 AM - 1 Like   #823
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

02-22-2023, 05:05 AM - 1 Like   #824
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

02-27-2023, 04:56 AM - 1 Like   #825
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter