Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2016, 04:17 PM - 2 Likes   #23746
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
jacamar's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,050
Beautiful fall day today. I took the old K-r and the DA 55-300mm ED lens out for a stroll.

Pintail ducks:



American Lady, putting in extra time as my butterfly book says they only fly in this area until the end of October.



11-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #23747
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 38,952
QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Beautiful fall day today. I took the old K-r and the DA 55-300mm ED lens out for a stroll.
You nailed both of those shots.
11-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #23748
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
jacamar's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,050
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
You nailed both of those shots.
Thanks Walter - so to carry on from the discussion in the K-3 sample thread, the DA 55-300 isn't such a bad lens after all. It was actually a treat to carry such a compact outfit around (showing my wife how to use the K-r for an upcoming trip) after the K-3 with 3 lenses including the DA*300mm and TC. At the same time I am spoilt by my newer gear and the extra reach, pixels, low light performance and cropping it offers.
11-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #23749
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,566
QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Thanks Walter - so to carry on from the discussion in the K-3 sample thread, the DA 55-300 isn't such a bad lens after all. It was actually a treat to carry such a compact outfit around (showing my wife how to use the K-r for an upcoming trip) after the K-3 with 3 lenses including the DA*300mm and TC. At the same time I am spoilt by my newer gear and the extra reach, pixels, low light performance and cropping it offers.
I got the 55-300 when it was on sale earlier this year. I think that I paid something like $266 US for it. The autofocus is iffy at best, but the optics are really good. Especially at the long end. A lot of the time I use it as a manual focus lens. For the price I am not complaining at all.

11-07-2016, 03:53 PM   #23750
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Blue Ridge Escarpment, North Carolina, US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,692
Some of today's locals K-5, A/400
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
11-07-2016, 05:37 PM   #23751
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 33,341
From today at Dufferin Islands park.









11-07-2016, 06:20 PM - 3 Likes   #23752
Pentaxian
Pentaxians's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 487
Last 2 shots from these Colugos, the baby peeking out and glance through the photographer....



11-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #23753
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 38,952
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxians Quote
Last 2 shots from these Colugos, the baby peeking out and glance through the photographer....
Photographed in the wild? You were either very lucky or very knowledgeable about where to go. In either case, I'm impressed.

11-07-2016, 11:17 PM   #23754
Pentaxian
Kevriano's Avatar

Join Date: May 2016
Location: West Sussex
Posts: 472
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxians Quote
Last 2 shots from these Colugos, the baby peeking out and glance through the photographer....



Amazing again. I'm curious to know, how easy is it for yourself and Kengoh to get the kind of access you need to take these pictures of these fab species?
11-07-2016, 11:45 PM - 1 Like   #23755
Pentaxian
kengoh's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,512
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevriano Quote
Amazing again. I'm curious to know, how easy is it for yourself and Kengoh to get the kind of access you need to take these pictures of these fab species?
That Flying Lemur is not difficult to get and i got it when i was a newbie, shot with K-x, I guess most of the Singapore birders got this fellow captured in their camera sensor..
11-08-2016, 01:11 AM   #23756
Pentaxian
Pentaxians's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 487
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Photographed in the wild? You were either very lucky or very knowledgeable about where to go. In either case, I'm impressed.
Yes in the wild, but the place is easily accessible. Partly of the reason could be due to the place has been closed down 1-2 years for park maintenance, and just re-open for the public recently.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kevriano Quote
Amazing again. I'm curious to know, how easy is it for yourself and Kengoh to get the kind of access you need to take these pictures of these fab species?
Singapore aka Little Red Dot, indeed a VERY small country...

QuoteOriginally posted by kengoh Quote
That Flying Lemur is not difficult to get and i got it when i was a newbie, shot with K-x, I guess most of the Singapore birders got this fellow captured in their camera sensor..
Agree. Many of you got it earlier and to me it's a lifer..
11-08-2016, 03:22 AM - 9 Likes   #23757
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,232
Out for a walk tonight with the K-1 and DFA 150-450




Last edited by noelpolar; 11-08-2016 at 03:32 AM.
11-08-2016, 01:39 PM   #23758
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,848
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Out for a walk tonight with the K-1 and DFA 150-450
Image quality looks really good. You have some of the best settings and some good lighting. Nice photos.
11-09-2016, 01:06 PM - 11 Likes   #23759
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Blunsdon,Wiltshire, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,123
Male Kestrel from a car with my K-5/FA*600mm F4 ED [IF]/Eckla window mount in low light.










11-09-2016, 01:14 PM - 2 Likes   #23760
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 38,952
QuoteOriginally posted by Ducatigaz Quote
Male Kestrel from a car with my K-5/FA*600mm F4 ED [IF]/Eckla window mount in low light.
Great series. Beautiful birds, as are so many. I love the creamy backgrounds you get so consistently with the 600,
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
300mm, 300mm plus lens, 560mm, beach, birds, canada, chickadee, club, coast, couple, dogs, feb, flickr, friend, gulf, half, lens club, lenses, love, moon, pentax lens, pm, post, scene, sea, series, shore, shot, sigma, sunset, wife
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soviet lenses club Voe Lens Clubs 3771 8 Hours Ago 10:01 AM
The Sigma Lens Club- All lenses Blue Lens Clubs 2341 2 Days Ago 06:17 AM
Wanted - Acquired: Long lens >300mm in K-mount pop4 Sold Items 1 10-03-2010 03:03 AM
Pentax DA 55-300mm vs Tamron 70-300mm at long end (brickwall) tcdk Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 17 11-15-2009 12:52 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top