Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 91864 Likes Search this Thread
08-09-2013, 11:59 AM - 1 Like   #8731

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
13 years old and a budget of $1500.........??

I guess I grew up in the wrong generation.
Haha. Ive saved up for at least 3 years though and im counting on people to give me money for christmas and my mum and dad are going to put in 200-300 $$ to help me

08-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #8732
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Reptilezz Quote
Haha. Ive saved up for at least 3 years though and im counting on people to give me money for christmas and my mum and dad are going to put in 200-300 $$ to help me
wow i'm totally impressed that a 13 year old is so into photography and is willing to save to get what they want...kudos to you...bet you're going to be a awesome photographer when you get older if you aren't already!!!! can't wait to see some pictures!!!!!
08-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #8733
Veteran Member

13 years old and a budget of $1500.........??

I guess I grew up in the wrong generation.
Or, your parents just weren't called Bill & Melinda...?

At 13, that's an impressive budget, to be sure....
08-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #8734

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
wow i'm totally impressed that a 13 year old is so into photography and is willing to save to get what they want...kudos to you...bet you're going to be a awesome photographer when you get older if you aren't already!!!! can't wait to see some pictures!!!!!
Thanks pearsaab my parent said they were impressed when i saved up for my snake and lizard. I was 10 or 11 and i paid all the money for both enclosures and animals. Roughly $800

08-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #8735
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks pearsaab my parent said they were impressed when i saved up for my snake and lizard. I was 10 or 11 and i paid all the money for both enclosures and animals. Roughly $800
sounds like a great way to make some money...can you reproduce the reptiles...i like to see kids that know what they want!!!
08-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #8736

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
sounds like a great way to make some money...can you reproduce the reptiles...i like to see kids that know what they want!!!
Nah im not breeding them yet that might be next year when i get some carpet pythons haha
08-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #8737
Veteran Member

I know this is all off topic, and I'll shut up after this.....but I just can't fathom the idea of a 10 year old having $800 at his disposal as well as a 13 year old having $1500. As far as I know the current laws don't allow someone of that age to work, so it must be of a generation of giving large amounts of money to young children for some reason.

08-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #8738

I know this is all off topic, and I'll shut up after this.....but I just can't fathom the idea of a 10 year old having $800 at his disposal as well as a 13 year old having $1500. As far as I know the current laws don't allow someone of that age to work, so it must be of a generation of giving large amounts of money to young children for some reason.
It took even longer to save up for that. I get $5 a week for chores and if i mow the lawn (4acres) i get another 5. Then i count on relatives to give me money for christmas and my birthday, which is usually $20
08-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #8739
Veteran Member

Well Reptilez seems to be in Australia, you are in (according to your profile) are in the US. I'd guess that "current laws" differ from country to country.

I had my first job (distributing internal mail at an office after school) at age 12 - legally, paid taxes and retirement and that sort.....where I'm from, the law limited the number of hours and kind of work I could do.....most neighborhood kids would work from about that age, as paperboys and the sort.....
08-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #8740

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Well Reptilez seems to be in Australia, you are in (according to your profile) are in the US. I'd guess that "current laws" differ from country to country.

I had my first job (distributing internal mail at an office after school) at age 12 - legally, paid taxes and retirement and that sort.....where I'm from, the law limited the number of hours and kind of work I could do.....most neighborhood kids would work from about that age, as paperboys and the sort.....
Im in australia, but i dont have a job. I just save up momey for ages and ages and dont spend any till i really want something and that ill use all the time
08-09-2013, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #8741
Veteran Member

Im in australia, but i dont have a job. I just save up momey for ages and ages and dont spend any till i really want something and that ill use all the time
Reptilezz, my point was that it is not the place of anyone on this forum to question or inquire as to your personal finances.

I, honestly, find those who do to be rather out of line.....
08-09-2013, 02:04 PM - 2 Likes   #8742
Veteran Member

Some shots with the DA* 300mm.

08-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #8743
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Reptilezz, my point was that it is not the place of anyone on this forum to question or inquire as to your personal finances.

I, honestly, find those who do to be rather out of line.....
I just looked after not lloking for most of the last 24 hours. The post which triggered the discussion of money was one which suggested going up budget for 'an upgrade'. The reply gave away so much information of a personal kind in an open environment.

While this instance is probably not serious it is an example of how people can give away undesirably too much on the internet because they take up what they perceive as an individual conversation with one person, who actually they have not positively identified, in a space with large numbers able to watch.

Reptilezz, be careful.
08-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #8744
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This sure got Off Topic.
Good points Tim60 but we all know Amy meant no harm but a good lesson for Reptilezz .
Mike.P® the first photo looks like it was taken 1:1 with a macro lens, nicely done.
08-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #8745
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
Some shots with the DA* 300mm.
Nice shooting!