Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 91789 Likes Search this Thread
09-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #886
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cant really pass on to much Alan, think there's some stuff in mount adapter thread
that might relate to what your looking for.

09-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #887
Veteran Member

A bump for the thread....

09-07-2010, 12:05 AM   #888
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like that h-bird shot. Very dramatic with the deep shadows instead of the usual bright and cheery buzzing around flowers.
09-07-2010, 01:31 AM   #889
Veteran Member

Pentax K-X with Sigma 100-300 f/4

09-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #890
Veteran Member

Thanks imtheguy. The green plant behind the h-bird is a bit destracting. I suppose I could always remove it.

Interesting shot maverickh! What is the green item in the water? I'm presuming it is a seed pod from something?
09-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #891
Pentaxian

What is it?

Lotus seed pod left, lotus leaf right I reckon......
09-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #892
m8o
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
This site looks interesting:
Pentax Eyepieces and Telescopes
Phil.
I bought a non-Pentax 3x eye-piece from someone on this board. I use it with my 2x TC, or I stack it w/a 1.4x. Works well on my 300/2.8, though my tripod head isn't up to the task of providing me with enough stability. FOV becomes narrow enough that I can't fit the moon in the whole diameter. It's a fun use of my gear, though I can't say I've used it all that much.

09-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #893
Pentaxian

Just bought an used Pentax 100-300mm FA to complement my kit lens on the tele range. Got it for a relative bargain, and I'm surprised on the quality and sharpness of it, even at f/5.6. Also, having the 300mm (450mm relative to 35mm) is a really nice range for someone who just shot with P&S's with 3x zoom or something

About 40 meters away, in the morning light:

IMGP0281 por hcarvalhoalves, no Flickr

Close-up in the 2 meter range:

IMGP0361 por hcarvalhoalves, no Flickr

I'm pretty happy with this lens. Still need to take it out for nature shots.
09-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #894
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Grimmus Quote
Lotus seed pod left, lotus leaf right I reckon......

Hi Grimmus,

Your guess is correct. i actually titled it " A New Beginning " .

As the lotus leaf fades away, the seed pod begins to sprout new life.
09-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #895
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
400mm Meyer Telemegor

I list this as a lens I own and so it looks as though I can use it on my Pentax bodies. That is Not so. I thought I would be able to find a T-Mount that I could take the thread ring out of and use on this beauty but I am tired or trying to find the right one and now I have a nice pile of T-mounts. So I listed this German lens in the Marketplace hoping that I can trade with someone who needs a medium format lens like this one. Or trade with someone who knows a LOT more than I do about disassembling a lens like this one. From what I know of it's history the mount was attached at the "Arsenal ?" when the lens elements were multicoated. It has a great IQ on film but I oh so want it to work on my K100D. Does anyone know anyone who can work on lenses like this one?????
I know I would like a 400 mm Tak but doubt I can afford it. I state that I would like to trade but the reality is I want this one to work with my Pentax digital. It has some form of specially machined mount plus T-mount Canon FD adapter. That was great back in '99 when I was using my T-70 and T-90 but now, well all has changed and I am a firm believer in the use of Pentax. Heck I now have 3 Pentax film bodies in addition to the K100D and I am just waiting to have enough money to get my dream K-x. And I don't even care what color K-x! Sorry to bore everyone. I just wanted to express myself to others who can understand.
09-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #896
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kacansas03 Quote
I list this as a lens I own and so it looks as though I can use it on my Pentax bodies. That is Not so. I thought I would be able to find a T-Mount that I could take the thread ring out of and use on this beauty but I am tired or trying to find the right one and now I have a nice pile of T-mounts. So I listed this German lens in the Marketplace hoping that I can trade with someone who needs a medium format lens like this one. Or trade with someone who knows a LOT more than I do about disassembling a lens like this one. From what I know of it's history the mount was attached at the "Arsenal ?" when the lens elements were multicoated. It has a great IQ on film but I oh so want it to work on my K100D. Does anyone know anyone who can work on lenses like this one?????
I know I would like a 400 mm Tak but doubt I can afford it. I state that I would like to trade but the reality is I want this one to work with my Pentax digital. It has some form of specially machined mount plus T-mount Canon FD adapter. That was great back in '99 when I was using my T-70 and T-90 but now, well all has changed and I am a firm believer in the use of Pentax. Heck I now have 3 Pentax film bodies in addition to the K100D and I am just waiting to have enough money to get my dream K-x. And I don't even care what color K-x! Sorry to bore everyone. I just wanted to express myself to others who can understand.
Have you researched adapters to suit that particular wide format mount? I've spotted a few different wide format to PK adapters on Ebay as well as the Arax photography site which sells the Arsat and I suppose Arsenal made lenses.
09-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #897
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mount adapter

Yes I have researched what I have and what it might take to get it onto the K mount. Currently the 400 mm lens has a adapter intended for some other use that has been machined down to 49 mm diameter. That appears to be as small as they could get it. Then they machined out a regular T-mount Canon FD adapter to where the area where the T thread ring fits is at that 49 mm diameter. Then this adapter was fitted onto the lens and the three set screws tightened down. THe adapter fitting that is attached onto the lens barrel looks as though it was not the regular Pentacon Six to M42 adapter. This is not too surprising given the FD mounts 42 mm registration distance. They would have to have created something that would give the lens infinity focus on a Canon FD mount camera for I know that the lens has infinity capability on one of those film camera bodies. I am not sure if it means the lens was brought in closer to the camera body or the mount modified to set it about 3 mm father away from the body. I think for this lans to mount onto a K mount body I need back 2.5(I think) mm of the adapter. IF I could get this blasted modified rear adapter off the lens than I could buy a new Pentacon to M42 or even K adapter and the lens will work on the K100D. But I can't budge the screws that seem to secure that mounting ring or any thing else. When they tightened every thing down at the Arsenal after the multicoating they got them really, really tight. I can't budge the hood to put the UV filter behind it so it goes on the end of the hood. I guess this is a good thing since every portion of the lens is tight and works very well. This is one with the aperture in the front of the lens with about 15 aperture blades. I think that is one of the reasons the lens has always given better DOF than my 300 mm Super Tak and about the same as my 135 or 200 mm lenses.

QuoteOriginally posted by xjjohnno Quote
Have you researched adapters to suit that particular wide format mount? I've spotted a few different wide format to PK adapters on Ebay as well as the Arax photography site which sells the Arsat and I suppose Arsenal made lenses.
09-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #898

Just got a DA* 300mm f/4! I made a quick trip to the zoo and here are my two favorites of the day:

Gold Finch:

Brown Bear:

09-17-2010, 01:30 AM   #899
Veteran Member

Hi peoples, I just purchased a new Sigma 50-500 with OS..

Here is one of the first out of the Camera @ 500mm: It's not great and will need to boost some ISO, to increase shutter and get some technique as well...

09-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #900
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like the tone in that, Freak--nice work!

I let the (K 1000mm f/8) "Black Dragon" out of it's cage today. Other than doves & robins, the birds have been unpredictable lately (and "trophy birds," really scarce all year.) Fortunately, some flickers showed up.

« The M Club! | - »