Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11966 Likes Search this Thread
07-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #2431
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
...there was this huge gap in my FL between 15 and 43, you see...

i'm surely keeping the 15. I already sold the 70, but i must say as much as i LOVE the wide open shots from the 77, the 70 has it whipped in CA control and AF speed, no question. I also miss the quickshift - easy to get used to that. I am learning to get good at fringe removal because now that i am looking for CA, i always seem to find it. Nevertheless, i couldnt be more happy with the Pentax limited primes, but i still keep my Cosina 55 and Helios 44-2 in the bag.
Nice, so your 40 must have gone too I guess, or maybe I'm just imagining you had that. I'm waiting to see if now I've got a K-5, if fixing my 40's FF will mean I use it a bit more, but my 40 & 21 aren't getting much love now I have the 31.

07-07-2011, 08:32 PM   #2432
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are we all tired of fireworks photos yet? I haven't been shooting a lot, cause I've been kayaking....and I'm not quite confident enough in the kayak to take the K5 out there! But we have an extraordinary view from our place, so I set up the tripod and tried my hand at firework photography with the FA43

Some close ones from neighbors:

A firework from an unexpected trajectory - I really like it. Negative space always makes me happy.

Another fun out-of-frame shot, in color. The centered shots were just boring....

And our view of the city - in the foreground is a local firework, in the background on the right over the hill we could just see the top of the Lake Union display that the city puts on. I know the colors look crazy, but they actually *were* this crazy, a rare non-cloudy 4th of July in Seattle

07-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #2433
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
31 @ f/1,8

Your second shot here is priceless and timeless swede, better print this one! : D

QuoteOriginally posted by Downfall Quote
Wow, great photos mate!

Here are some photos I took tonight when a swedish pop artist was playing at my hometown. There is a new artist performing every thursday. It was long time ago since I shot any concert now so I thought I would try the FA77. Here are three shots

Pentax K-5 + FA77 Ltd
Fantastic results downfall, I'd really love to try my K-5 and FA limiteds in a concert too...

@Ecat (can't multiquote from a different page ): ) Definitely not tired of them yet, your second shot (what's with me and second shots LOL) is really great - the composition is perfect and the conversion, spot on ^__^

Some portraits from a photoshoot with some friends of mine, K-5 + FA 43/77

6. One of a few tentative forays into off-camera flash. If only I brought my diffuser...

Critiques are very welcome, as I wasn't totally in love with all of my shots from this, so it's interesting to see if you guys are on the same boat as me WRT which shots I'm critical of....
07-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #2434
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awesome set Helon! 3,5,8 are right on the money!
Im taking my boys to a really nice park tomorrow, I should come back with a few keepers

07-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #2435
Veteran Member

Agreed Excellent shots I really like 2,3,5 &10... Its a pitty the glass was dotted with bird poop
07-08-2011, 01:30 AM   #2436

QuoteOriginally posted by jaieger Quote
Fantastic results downfall, I'd really love to try my K-5 and FA limiteds in a concert too...

Thanks! Yes it was really nice actually. I was blown away of the shots I got compared to those I shot 1 1/2 year ago with my K200D and an older MF lens. So here are some more shots from the swedish Idol artist Danny .

Pentax K-5 + FA77 Ltd

Apparently the kids nowadays considers this to be rock/metal because one little girl was doing that sign during the concert
07-08-2011, 01:38 AM   #2437
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
^ the swede, love the first pic.
Thanks

Wow, great photos mate!
Thanks friend!
Your second shot here is priceless and timeless swede, better print this one! : D

Critiques are very welcome, as I wasn't totally in love with all of my shots from this, so it's interesting to see if you guys are on the same boat as me WRT which shots I'm critical of....
Thanks!
Awesome set there! I like all from 1 to 8, great shots!
Thanks! Yes it was really nice actually. I was blown away of the shots I got compared to those I shot 1 1/2 year ago with my K200D and an older MF lens. So here are some more shots from the swedish Idol artist Danny .
Very good concert set there!

07-08-2011, 02:17 AM   #2438

Sorry missed to comment your portraits. To me those are great all of them, I am not that expericenced in portrait photography but I think you have captured good poses and the light is perfect.

Very good concert set there!
Thanks Mikael
07-08-2011, 03:13 AM   #2439
Veteran Member

Apparently the kids nowadays considers this to be rock/metal because one little girl was doing that sign during the concert
Great shots! Black and white PP works really well them and enhances the smoke
07-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #2440
Pentaxian

Number 3 is exquisite. Well done!
07-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #2441
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Awesome set Helon! 3,5,8 are right on the money!
Im taking my boys to a really nice park tomorrow, I should come back with a few keepers
Thanks TOUGEFC! Sounds great, have fun! I expect some awesome kid shots ;D

QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
Agreed Excellent shots I really like 2,3,5 &10... Its a pitty the glass was dotted with bird poop
Thanks chaos realm! Indeed it is a shame, though I actually didn't notice till you mentioned it

All of your shots are great as usual, but #6 just really takes it for me. Awesome expression, beautifully captured, and pretty funny too

Thanks!
Awesome set there! I like all from 1 to 8, great shots!
Thankyou swede! (:

Sorry missed to comment your portraits. To me those are great all of them, I am not that expericenced in portrait photography but I think you have captured good poses and the light is perfect.

Thanks Mikael
Haha, don't ever feel obligated to comment, it's nice when people do, but shouldn't be a chore (: But I appreciate it very much. To be honest I'm not that experienced either - this is like my second or third time going out for a dedicated portrait shoot.
07-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #2442
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Number 3 is exquisite. Well done!
Thanks class a! (:
07-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #2443
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Helon, that's a great series. I like 3, 5 and 6 especially.

In other news, wouldn't you know it -- the USPS guy made me wait all day and then decided to try to deliver my 43 during the measly 10-minute window I was in the basement laundry room
07-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #2444
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Helon, that's a great series. I like 3, 5 and 6 especially.

In other news, wouldn't you know it -- the USPS guy made me wait all day and then decided to try to deliver my 43 during the measly 10-minute window I was in the basement laundry room
I've had something just like that happen before, and it's not as funny as it sounds, is it!?
07-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #2445
Veteran Member

FA77 got these today, all wide open except the last-

We didnt stay for as long as I would have liked too.

Last edited by TOUGEFC; 07-09-2011 at 04:14 AM.