Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11966 Likes Search this Thread
10-13-2011, 04:48 PM   #3031
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by loco Quote
Well, this thread has treated me much like the DA 15 mind control thread. I kept looking and looking and finally decided I MUST. HAVE. ONE! But which one? I simply don't have the money for all three, so I chose the FA 77. Found what I consider a really nice deal for a used "LN-" condition one at KEH.com. It looks brand new, seems to work perfectly. The only thing to distinguish it from new is there was no box or paperwork included. I'm so impressed with this lens, it's just beautiful to hold and feels like quality.

Simon, my apologies for attempting to emulate your style in some of my photos. It is quite popular for a reason. I hope you don't mind my sad attempts. Thanks to Jay for summarizing the technique. Though I know I'll never be able to take photos of Simon level quality or reproduce his style, it is one of the things that drew me to this lens.

I wanted to post a couple of my first shots that I'm pleased with. I hope one day I can do this lens proud and maybe sell a few of them through this thread myself. Thanks everyone for the inspiration!

Congrats on the purchase, and nice shots. I like the fence shot.

I recently pulled out my *istD and put the battery grip on and than put my 43/1.9 ltd. on it. I really like this combo/setup.
Here's one from an outing today.

10-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #3032
Veteran Member

Nice work, Colton!
10-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #3033
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Nice work, Colton!
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out.
10-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #3034
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Nice shots Lori! Really like the last one!

I dont think you have copied my style at all, I think those look truely unique and different than what some of my styles are

The style V5 was talking about I believe is one of my older technique's that I havent done in a long time. Ive come to a point were Im really happy my monochromes now (I spent a very long time refining the technique to get it to how I want), with the color shots Im not at that point yet, but its getting there.

And yes the 77 is a marvel of a lens, its my favorite.
I'm so glad you feel that way, Simon! At the very least, your styles are an inspiration and I thank you for not being super protective over them. As always I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

And thanks so much for your kind words!

QuoteOriginally posted by Swift1 Quote
Congrats on the purchase, and nice shots. I like the fence shot.

I recently pulled out my *istD and put the battery grip on and than put my 43/1.9 ltd. on it. I really like this combo/setup.
Here's one from an outing today.
Beautiful shot, Swift1! And I'm glad you like the fence pic.

10-13-2011, 09:42 PM   #3035
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots folks.
QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
Wow! Is that from the walking path between Sirius Cove & the Zoo?

I did the Manly to Spit bridge walk a few weeks ago, that was pretty hard going.
That one was the vista from the peak of Watsons Bay at HMAS Watson.
The 43 gave me more brilliant sky rendition to any of my DA lenses but I'm yet to compare it to the other FA limiteds.
10-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #3036
Veteran Member

I lived at Watsons Bay for almost a year.. right on the water. Great views but unfortunately I lost many pix due to a HD failure.... The view just past the pub is great.
10-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #3037
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
People say that the 77 is a "specialty lens", but I absolutely love it for land-/city-/cloud-scape.
I'm using it mostly for landscapes

10-14-2011, 05:04 AM   #3038
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote

That one was the vista from the peak of Watsons Bay at HMAS Watson.
The 43 gave me more brilliant sky rendition to any of my DA lenses but I'm yet to compare it to the other FA limiteds.
Really... <checks shots from archive, trip to South Head> oh yes of course, on the hill just above where the big black Cannon is. (Cannon with 2 n's)
I thought the headland on the right was the end of Cremorne point

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I lived at Watsons Bay for almost a year.. right on the water. Great views but unfortunately I lost many pix due to a HD failure.... The view just past the pub is great.

Yes, and not far to row out to your yacht moored in the bay there. A lot of great (and expensive) views in that end of town.
I think I've got a couple of DA15 shots from there (have to post in another thread)

Unfortunately on the day I went there the wasnt any "good views" at Lady Bay Beach though .
10-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #3039
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, this thread has treated me much like the DA 15 mind control thread.
I really like that last photo of the impaled leaf! Nice deep, warm colors.
10-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #3040
Veteran Member

I really like that last photo of the impaled leaf! Nice deep, warm colors.
Thanks so much! That means a lot as you are another of my photographic inspirations, both in this thread and the DA 15 one.
10-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #3041
Inactive Account

Well, this thread has treated me much like the DA 15 mind control thread. I kept looking and looking and finally decided I MUST. HAVE. ONE! But which one? I simply don't have the money for all three, so I chose the FA 77. Found what I consider a really nice deal for a used "LN-" condition one at KEH.com. It looks brand new, seems to work perfectly. The only thing to distinguish it from new is there was no box or paperwork included. I'm so impressed with this lens, it's just beautiful to hold and feels like quality.
Nice tones there!
10-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #3042
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Nice tones there!
Thanks so much! Gosh, so many people I admire saying nice things. I might get a swelled head.
A very welcoming and talented group posting in this thread!
10-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #3043
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One more from the other day with the 43:

Mixed feelings about this shot.
10-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #3044
Pentaxian

I like it, it´s moody.
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #3045
Veteran Member

I like it, too! It has a nice film noir feel to it.