Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11966 Likes Search this Thread
06-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #4141
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
Ok so I might have given you all an over dose but here is the last of them from the weekend:
Holy cow! Your pics are fantastic. These were taken with the 77mm, correct?

Here are some pics of my Edwinson Bubinga/Redwood acoustic taken a couple of hours ago with the 43mm.

06-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #4142
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
Holy cow! Your pics are fantastic. These were taken with the 77mm, correct?

Here are some pics of my Edwinson Bubinga/Redwood acoustic taken a couple of hours ago with the 43mm.
Thanks Sage,
Yeah they were all with the 77mm. There were alot of shots that just didnt turn out for me but I was happy with these ones.
It was just really tough light, especially with the K-7. They were shot at 1.8-2.2 ball park apertures and ISO 800 - 1250 and still only getting shutter speeds of 1/20-1/40

I really like the second shot there, the grain in the wood has almost a shimmering water look about it. Very fine instrument indeed.
06-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #4143
Pentaxian

Thanks Sage,
Yeah they were all with the 77mm.
Cool. 'll have to get one soon.

I really like the second shot there, the grain in the wood has almost a shimmering water look about it. Very fine instrument indeed.
Thank you. Yeah, because of these water-like patterns, this wood is called waterfall bubinga. Sometime soon, I'll take pics of my other guitars and post them here. It'll be hard because I have a tendency to play them for an hour or so before I start pick up the camera.
06-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #4144
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bickrs Quote
Wow! I think I like the first and last best - The firework detail in the first and the colour in the last.
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
I like that one the best!
QuoteOriginally posted by vrrattko Quote
ooooo...that one is Great, Mike.....with just one pillar of Golde Gate towering in the background....it has the best mood from those celebration pics (for me)
QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
I agree! That lone pillar really does it!
thanks! that last one is definitely a fave of mine too.

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonyr99 Quote
MikeSF, You inspire all of us. Each day I log in, I wonder what new delights await. Thank you for sharing those wonderfull shots of the Golden Gate. Your photos allowed me to transform myself right into the minute, on that day, at that minute, at that moment. Truly outstanding! Oh...did I mention that I loved your "family portrait" a few pages back. All your lenses seemed quite content, while excuding a quiet eagerness similar to a team of confident husky's ready to go to work at a moments notice with you behind the "sled". recently purchased an FA 77 and am working on my skills. I hope someday soon, to take a shot or two that might have a similar affect on others that your shots most definitely have on many who are fortunate to access them.
wow, your response really means so much to me. It makes me happy to be able to contribute anything at all that someone else may deem enjoyable in here given the high level of talent and knowledge. Believe me when i say i've learned more about taking pictures from the members of PF than anywhere else on the web. Thanks again for your comment.

Tonyr99, I think your right on the money about Mike. Consistency is a sign of skill. Both of which I lack
nice of you, thanks!

06-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #4145
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Sage, your guitar pics are just gorgeous! a lovely instrument brilliantly captured! keep 'em coming.
06-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #4146
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
Sage, your guitar pics are just gorgeous! a lovely instrument brilliantly captured! keep 'em coming.
Thank you very much Mike. I completely agree with the others about the inspiration not to mentioning learning we derive from your wonderful pictures. I am excited to see that my pictures are getting better and better using the lenses I already have. I'll take some pics of my other guitars soon.
06-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #4147
Site Supporter

Nice ones chaos, wired and sage

06-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #4148
Veteran Member

The 77 at dusk

06-05-2012, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #4149
Veteran Member

Those are lovely guitar shots! Great stuff

QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
The 77 at dusk

Ah yes, that's definitely FA77 rendering there.Good stuff.

A selection from yesterday in the park with friends...

All FA77

06-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #4150
Pentaxian

Thank you bickrs. Your pics and others before have convinced me that my next purchase will have to be the 77mm.
06-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #4151
Veteran Member

Those are lovely guitar shots! Great stuff

Ah yes, that's definitely FA77 rendering there.Good stuff.

A selection from yesterday in the park with friends...

All FA77

Love No.2 it looks like a bit of a stand off going on there

And the colours are fantastic as usual! well done!
06-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #4152
Veteran Member

Thank you bickrs. Your pics and others before have convinced me that my next purchase will have to be the 77mm.

You won't regret it. The best money I've ever spent on camera gear.
06-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #4153
Veteran Member

Thanks Wise decision - It is a brilliant lens! I feel I'm only just starting to get used to it though.

Love No.2 it looks like a bit of a stand off going on there

And the colours are fantastic as usual! well done!
Cheers! It was exactly that! My boy (on the right) is totally OK about the idea of sharing, especially other's items, whereas his friend is, understandably, not so welcome to it
06-06-2012, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #4154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
You won't regret it. The best money I've ever spent on camera gear.
Thanks Wise decision - It is a brilliant lens! I feel I'm only just starting to get used to it though.
You guys are bad for LBA. Unfortunately, I don't need that much convincing so I'm working on a purchase right now.

Cheers! It was exactly that! My boy (on the right) is totally OK about the idea of sharing, especially other's items, whereas his friend is, understandably, not so welcome to it
This "duel" deserves a digitally added tumbleweed rolling by and a soundtrack - whistling theme song from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."
06-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #4155
Veteran Member

Y
This "duel" deserves a digitally added tumbleweed rolling by and a soundtrack - whistling theme song from "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly."