Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dynamo Quote
Very nice with something different. I'll continue this theme from the 43:

09-25-2013, 12:31 AM - 2 Likes   #5463
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My Pentax K10D is still going strong.

Pentax K10D - Pentax SMCP-FA31mm f/1.8 ASPH Limited + 11mm extension tube.
09-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #5464

Took this one of my wife waiting extremely patiently on a bushwalk while I try and get the angle juuust right on some random bit of moss or tree or something. With the 43.

Does anyone have trouble getting the 43 to focus at intermediate distances? Like just before infinity? Sometimes this lens frustrates the hell out of me, but then it will just produce some of the photos I'm most happy with as well. I'm sure it's just user error.

09-25-2013, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #5465
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by camerons Quote
wife waiting extremely patiently
I've heard rumors of this behavior but assumed it was mythical--congratulations on the capture!
09-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #5466
Veteran Member

Took this one of my wife waiting extremely patiently on a bushwalk while I try and get the angle juuust right on some random bit of moss or tree or something. With the 43.

Does anyone have trouble getting the 43 to focus at intermediate distances? Like just before infinity? Sometimes this lens frustrates the hell out of me, but then it will just produce some of the photos I'm most happy with as well. I'm sure it's just user error.
Yay, a fellow aussie 43ltd owner married to a red head
Not quite sure what your focus issues are, I find the 43 works best for landscapes when you don't try and focus on infinity. Just disengage autofocus, shut down the aperture and work on getting the mid range stuff in focus while using aperture preview? to check to infinity. You can also play with the distance markings, F8 at 8m seemed to work pretty well.
Of course there are numerous other reason other reasons for the focus being amiss, and fast lenses tend to push the system. recheck you lens adjustment if your camera has the option.
09-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #5467
Veteran Member

Found this 43 shot hiding, A fellow pentaxian to boot!

09-25-2013, 05:58 AM   #5468
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The FA43 does its best work up close. I look forward to see you repeating this shot with you new DA*16-50 :-)
09-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #5469
Pentaxian

No, I've never had trouble locking focus with the 43 at any distance. Is your focus point set on something small?
09-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #5470
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
I've heard rumors of this behavior but assumed it was mythical--congratulations on the capture!
It is the product of two things: [1] many years of having to wait for photos to be taken (patience is always learned) and [2] producing results that justify the waiting.
09-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #5471

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
haha, ta

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
Yay, a fellow aussie 43ltd owner married to a red head
Not quite sure what your focus issues are, I find the 43 works best for landscapes when you don't try and focus on infinity. Just disengage autofocus, shut down the aperture and work on getting the mid range stuff in focus while using aperture preview? to check to infinity. You can also play with the distance markings, F8 at 8m seemed to work pretty well.
Of course there are numerous other reason other reasons for the focus being amiss, and fast lenses tend to push the system. recheck you lens adjustment if your camera has the option.
That sounds like a fairly ltd club.
Thanks for the ideas. I think I do need to just play with it more.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The FA43 does its best work up close. I look forward to see you repeating this shot with you new DA*16-50 :-)
Yeah, I have found that. I've had good results with panorama stitching too though. Just stuff in between I have trouble with. I can't wait either. Brought my camera to work today in case it turns up. I admit the idea of selling off the 43 to fund the 16-50 did cross my mind (probably a really bad thread to be suggesting that ), but I think the 18-135 will go instead (something has to).

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
No, I've never had trouble locking focus with the 43 at any distance. Is your focus point set on something small?
Quite possibly the focus is just getting confused, but I had trouble when trying with manual focus too. Actually, maybe the diopter has just been bumped...
09-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #5472
Pentaxian

Some FA43 shots.

09-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #5473
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Very nice with something different. I'll continue this theme from the 43:

nice treatment...
09-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #5474
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Yep, the 43ltd is hopeless for landscapes, notice how the following photo is ruined by the fringing in the trees
09-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #5475
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
Yep, the 43ltd is hopeless for landscapes, notice how the following photo is ruined by the fringing in the trees
At what point did I say the FA43 was hopeless at anything?