Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2014, 03:10 AM - 3 Likes   #7246
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,775
Nice work lerolls! The composition with the hair pull works nicely.

31


*I seem to see weird artifacts (grid pattern) on small size flickr links I post here (like 800x size) usually when I post files that have been run through SilverEfex. The artifacts arent there when you see the image on flickr or fullsize and much less noticeable on larger flickr links like this one...otherwise I would post a bit smaller. anyone else notice this?


Last edited by Deimos; 11-24-2014 at 03:15 AM.
11-24-2014, 05:54 AM   #7247
Veteran Member
Driline's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: IOWA Where the Tall Corn Grows
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,988
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
A friend is releasing an album soon and asked me to snap some shots for her. She wanted a gritty urban look in B&W. A bit of rush job with not much planning or time but we did what we could.

FA77

I'd have her lose the "Steve Erkel" glasses, but other than that great comp.
11-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #7248
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,229
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Nice work lerolls! The composition with the hair pull works nicely.
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
I'd have her lose the "Steve Erkel" glasses, but other than that great comp.
Thanks guys.

She calls them her "Nerd" glasses and she's totally in love with them because being semi nerdy and a girl seems to be all the rage right now. She plays video games and watches anime now to keep up with the trends. Two things that I pretty much stopped doing once I got back into photography.
11-24-2014, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #7249
Pentaxian
takis63's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,023
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
A friend is releasing an album soon and asked me to snap some shots for her. She wanted a gritty urban look in B&W. A bit of rush job with not much planning or time but we did what we could.

FA77

I think it's a great shot. Well done!

11-25-2014, 12:02 AM   #7250
Veteran Member
JibbaJab's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 362
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
She calls them her "Nerd" glasses and she's totally in love with them because being semi nerdy and a girl seems to be all the rage right now. She plays video games and watches anime now to keep up with the trends.
Shoot, apparently high school me was born 15 years too early. I should have figured this was a trend...I don't remember the female anime con attendees back then looking like the ones you've been photographing, LeRolls.
11-25-2014, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #7251
Pentaxian
takis63's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,023
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Nice work lerolls! The composition with the hair pull works nicely.

31


*I seem to see weird artifacts (grid pattern) on small size flickr links I post here (like 800x size) usually when I post files that have been run through SilverEfex. The artifacts arent there when you see the image on flickr or fullsize and much less noticeable on larger flickr links like this one...otherwise I would post a bit smaller. anyone else notice this?
That's a really nice portrait. Love the stance and the expression on his face. Well done!
11-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #7252
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,229
QuoteOriginally posted by takis63 Quote
I think it's a great shot. Well done!
Thank you kindly!

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Shoot, apparently high school me was born 15 years too early. I should have figured this was a trend...I don't remember the female anime con attendees back then looking like the ones you've been photographing, LeRolls.
I was never much for trends even back in my high school days. I remember back in 2012 the cons I attended were even more racy with cosplayers making out in front of the cameras and all sorts of salacious antics to get people's attention. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera back then and was a bit shy about asking for photos. Now because more families are attending and cons are starting to be seen as mainstream everything is toned down and tame in comparison. Before there was an energy/passion at the cons and it felt like everyone who was there was meant to be there and that the cons were for the fans. Now with rising ticket prices and the longer multi-day events it all comes across as a money grab. It's too bad that as my photography has been getting better the cons have been getting worse. Hopefully some of the smaller up and coming cons will retain some of that energy.
11-25-2014, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #7253
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 647
Pentax K-3 & FA77











11-25-2014, 11:28 PM - 4 Likes   #7254
Pentaxian
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 4,229
Had the honor of attending a close friends wedding party. Luckily I was there on hand with the K-3 and the FA31 along with a flash (it was nightclub dark) because they hadn't even thought of getting a photographer. They were so happy with the photos that they wanted to pay me but I said that the photos were a wedding gift and not to worry about it. Seeing them so happy and being able to capture it for them was payment enough. This was probably my personal favorite shot and I know the bride was quite fond of it too as she is currently using it as her Facebook banner image.

11-26-2014, 01:54 AM - 1 Like   #7255
Pentaxian
takis63's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,023
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Had the honor of attending a close friends wedding party. Luckily I was there on hand with the K-3 and the FA31 along with a flash (it was nightclub dark) because they hadn't even thought of getting a photographer. They were so happy with the photos that they wanted to pay me but I said that the photos were a wedding gift and not to worry about it. Seeing them so happy and being able to capture it for them was payment enough. This was probably my personal favorite shot and I know the bride was quite fond of it too as she is currently using it as her Facebook banner image.

That's a great picture!
11-26-2014, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #7256
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 25
Full ack! Great capture LeRolls!
11-26-2014, 05:53 AM - 8 Likes   #7257
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,775
Another one through the dirty airplane window

43
11-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #7258
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,935
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Another one through the dirty airplane window

43
Great hues of blue ... TFS, J
11-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #7259
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 6,747
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Another one through the dirty airplane window

43
Fantastic, beautiful.
11-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #7260
Pentaxian
takis63's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,023
Beautiful shot!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
asph, bit, color, contrast, da, eye, f/1.8, fa, fa77, flickr, forks, idea, image, k3, lake, leaf, lenses, lol, ltd, moon, pentax, pentax lens, post, spoon, sunrise, thanks, third, tucker, vision
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The DA Limited Club legacyb4 Lens Clubs 5495 9 Hours Ago 04:48 AM
The FA Un-Limited Club cbaytan Lens Clubs 565 4 Days Ago 06:36 PM
I'm thinking about joining the Limited club Damn Brit Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 60 02-01-2010 12:27 PM
For Sale - Sold: FA limited 43mm/f1.9 (black), FA limited 77mm/f1.8 (silver), FA 28-105mm/f3.2- chemxaj Sold Items 24 10-16-2008 11:17 AM
For Sale - Sold: smc Pentax-FA 77mm Limited & 43mm Limited MikeH Sold Items 2 02-13-2007 06:03 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:41 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top