Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2019, 02:25 PM   #10141
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,269
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Couple more with FA 31. I have stopped making tests. No need for that.





Stitches


Fantastic! Excellent! Stunning!

01-20-2019, 11:54 PM   #10142
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,765
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Marvellous shot.
Thanks Bruce! He wanted me to take his photo, it's great when the photos come to you!
01-21-2019, 12:09 AM   #10143
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,742
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Fantastic! Excellent! Stunning!
Thank you
01-21-2019, 01:42 AM - 4 Likes   #10144
Pentaxian
Hattifnatt's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,203
Some pictures with FA 77.











01-21-2019, 03:03 AM - 1 Like   #10145
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter
Ash's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toowoomba, Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,255
31 Ltd at night:
Russell St by Ash
01-21-2019, 03:40 AM - 6 Likes   #10146
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,999
The FA43 version;

I took this shot a week before with the Sol 45, I regretted not carrying the FA43 with me at the time for a comparison shot, so back I goes... (Sol 45 shot can be seen here).

Last edited by BruceBanner; 01-21-2019 at 01:50 PM.
01-21-2019, 04:58 AM - 2 Likes   #10147
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,765
31
01-22-2019, 06:09 AM - 2 Likes   #10148
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,765
31


01-22-2019, 09:32 AM - 1 Like   #10149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,886
Xposted from K-1 Thread:


smc PENTAX-FA 77mm F1.8 Limited /4.0 77.0 mm 1/1250 iso2000
01-22-2019, 02:01 PM - 4 Likes   #10150
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,742
FA 31
8 pic HDR pano


and one pic HDR(3 exposures, PP in LR)


I did not do profile correction. I think that most of times(like here) natural distortion and some vingetting adds depth to the picture.
01-23-2019, 07:22 AM - 4 Likes   #10151
Site Supporter
Deimos's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kingdom of Wonder
Posts: 1,765
I agree about the profile corrections, I find it takes all of the magic away!

31
01-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #10152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,999
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
I agree about the profile corrections, I find it takes all of the magic away!

31
Yes I don't often use lens profile correction unless I am looking for an 'unartistical' shot, something far more accurate. More often than not I render with film presets that drive the distortion and vignetting even more

By the way, just wanted to say, I'm loving your portrait work, the slanty thing is really working for me!
01-23-2019, 01:24 PM   #10153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,886
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Yes I don't often use lens profile correction unless I am looking for an 'unartistical' shot, something far more accurate. More often than not I render with film presets that drive the distortion and vignetting even more

By the way, just wanted to say, I'm loving your portrait work, the slanty thing is really working for me!
Yeah, I don't know who writes some of these corrections for ACR, but the one for the Irix 15mm is so bad, it over-brightens the corners to a crazy extent... it is not worth what tiny amount of distortion it tries to fix, and over does that too. Straight OOC is best. I haven't tried it on my FA77, but I get the feeling I should let sleeping dogs lie?
Eric
01-23-2019, 02:08 PM   #10154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 2,999
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Yeah, I don't know who writes some of these corrections for ACR, but the one for the Irix 15mm is so bad, it over-brightens the corners to a crazy extent... it is not worth what tiny amount of distortion it tries to fix, and over does that too. Straight OOC is best. I haven't tried it on my FA77, but I get the feeling I should let sleeping dogs lie?
Eric
I think lens profile correcting can be very worthwhile in certain genres like Urban/Architectural, where you want distortion minimised and straight lines and perhaps no vignetting as much as possible. Personally I don't do much shooting like that, but when I do I have tended to use it. You can see the shot getting 'flattened' out and it suits this subject matter more.
01-23-2019, 02:10 PM   #10155
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mattb123's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado High Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,822
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
I think lens profile correcting can be very worthwhile in certain genres like Urban/Architectural, where you want distortion minimised and straight lines and perhaps no vignetting as much as possible. Personally I don't do much shooting like that, but when I do I have tended to use it. You can see the shot getting 'flattened' out and it suits this subject matter more.
I use profiles and Upright for Real Estate and Architecture but not much else unless the distortion is extreme.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
asph, bit, color, contrast, da, eye, f/1.8, fa, fa77, flickr, forks, idea, image, k3, lake, leaf, lenses, lol, ltd, moon, pentax, pentax lens, post, spoon, sunrise, thanks, third, tucker, vision
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The DA Limited Club legacyb4 Lens Clubs 5156 1 Day Ago 08:42 AM
The FA Un-Limited Club cbaytan Lens Clubs 468 12-28-2018 02:55 PM
I'm thinking about joining the Limited club Damn Brit Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 60 02-01-2010 12:27 PM
For Sale - Sold: FA limited 43mm/f1.9 (black), FA limited 77mm/f1.8 (silver), FA 28-105mm/f3.2- chemxaj Sold Items 24 10-16-2008 11:17 AM
For Sale - Sold: smc Pentax-FA 77mm Limited & 43mm Limited MikeH Sold Items 2 02-13-2007 06:03 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:45 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top