Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2020, 08:31 AM - 3 Likes   #10711
Pentaxian
Aaron28's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 4,200
fa43...k-1



02-10-2020, 07:22 PM - 5 Likes   #10712
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eureka, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,941
Trillium Falls in Redwood NP, with the FA 43:

02-11-2020, 02:52 AM - 8 Likes   #10713
Senior Member
jschoonj's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mechelen
Posts: 216






Posted in the film group as well.
All on the 43mm f/1.9
Pentax LX + Portra 400
02-11-2020, 03:16 AM - 1 Like   #10714
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 4,724
QuoteOriginally posted by jschoonj Quote






Posted in the film group as well.
All on the 43mm f/1.9
Pentax LX + Portra 400
I saw these on flickr, just absolutely gorgeous. I have the 43 and 77 and these shots just make me want to get into film, I think they feel right at home on a film body, just beautiful work my friend.

02-11-2020, 03:49 AM - 1 Like   #10715
Senior Member
jschoonj's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mechelen
Posts: 216
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
I saw these on flickr, just absolutely gorgeous. I have the 43 and 77 and these shots just make me want to get into film, I think they feel right at home on a film body, just beautiful work my friend.
Thanks for those very kind words, Eddy!
I'm hoping to get the 77 next myself. Turning 30 this year, so maybe a special gift for myself is in order ;-).

I'd certainly encourage you to get into film. The process is a revelation in terms of engagement and joy.
I scan my images one by one and although at times it's frustratingly slow, it's always so much fun to see them appear.
The 43 is quickly turning into my favorite lens too, although I'm not a huge fan of the manual focus feel coming from a Takumar.


That being said, I think you're probably one of the best ambassador's for the Limited lenses on this forum.
I actually partly wanted to get the 43mm because of one of your pictures. I think some of them already have a very tactile quality that films usually brings to the table!

I definitely wouldn't sell your digital work short ;-).
02-11-2020, 07:41 AM - 14 Likes   #10716
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: 48282 Emsdetten
Posts: 50
Fa 77 mm, K1 - 2 shot pano




Last edited by Pentaxrookie; 02-12-2020 at 12:34 AM.
02-11-2020, 01:03 PM - 1 Like   #10717
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
BruceBanner's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Posts: 4,724
QuoteOriginally posted by jschoonj Quote
Thanks for those very kind words, Eddy!
I'm hoping to get the 77 next myself. Turning 30 this year, so maybe a special gift for myself is in order ;-).

I'd certainly encourage you to get into film. The process is a revelation in terms of engagement and joy.
I scan my images one by one and although at times it's frustratingly slow, it's always so much fun to see them appear.
The 43 is quickly turning into my favorite lens too, although I'm not a huge fan of the manual focus feel coming from a Takumar.


That being said, I think you're probably one of the best ambassador's for the Limited lenses on this forum.
I actually partly wanted to get the 43mm because of one of your pictures. I think some of them already have a very tactile quality that films usually brings to the table!

I definitely wouldn't sell your digital work short ;-).
02-11-2020, 06:38 PM - 5 Likes   #10718
Pentaxian
Aaron28's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 4,200
fa77...k-1



02-12-2020, 07:18 AM - 6 Likes   #10719
Senior Member
jschoonj's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Mechelen
Posts: 216


Kodak Portra 400 | SMC Pentax Limited 43mm f/1.9 | Pentax MZ-S
02-12-2020, 06:38 PM - 2 Likes   #10720
Pentaxian
Aaron28's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 4,200
fa77.....k-1....

02-13-2020, 06:52 PM - 2 Likes   #10721
Pentaxian
Aaron28's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 4,200
fa43...k-50

02-14-2020, 12:55 PM - 5 Likes   #10722
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 21,546
Equipment at Moonrise (FA 31/pixel shift)



Tree at Sunrise (FA 31 limited/pixel shift)

02-16-2020, 09:58 AM - 4 Likes   #10723
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Eureka, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,941
Sunrise from North Jetty on Humboldt Bay, shot with FA 43:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ik2buh]

Last edited by northcoastgreg; 02-20-2020 at 09:22 PM.
02-16-2020, 09:19 PM - 4 Likes   #10724
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter
aslyfox's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,463
Lena one of the Orangutans at the Topeka Zoo and Conservation Center
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
02-26-2020, 01:55 AM - 3 Likes   #10725
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 151
K3ii and FA43



Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
asph, bit, color, contrast, da, eye, f/1.8, fa, fa77, flickr, forks, idea, image, k3, lake, leaf, lenses, lol, ltd, moon, pentax, pentax lens, post, spoon, sunrise, thanks, third, tucker, vision
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The DA Limited Club legacyb4 Lens Clubs 5340 21 Minutes Ago 04:30 AM
The FA Un-Limited Club cbaytan Lens Clubs 522 5 Days Ago 03:46 AM
I'm thinking about joining the Limited club Damn Brit Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 60 02-01-2010 12:27 PM
For Sale - Sold: FA limited 43mm/f1.9 (black), FA limited 77mm/f1.8 (silver), FA 28-105mm/f3.2- chemxaj Sold Items 24 10-16-2008 11:17 AM
For Sale - Sold: smc Pentax-FA 77mm Limited & 43mm Limited MikeH Sold Items 2 02-13-2007 06:03 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top