Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11974 Likes Search this Thread
04-09-2012, 05:15 PM - 1 Like   #3901
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually I agree with deadwolfbones on this, that shot is fantastic!. I will also take it a bit further and highlight that your birthday baby shots processing is perfect. An excellent moment!

04-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #3902
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
FA 77 for portraits

The FA 77 is excellent for portraits. Here are a couple of pet ones along with a couple of studio portraits.

For those interested: In the B&W studio shots I used a PCB Einstein 640 in a 24" Cheetah Box for the key light, the Pentax AF540 in a 10" DIY soft box for the fill light, and two unmodified Nikon SB 26s for the background. All were triggered from the PCB Commander, minus one of the SB 26s that was set to optical slave. The background was actually a glass patio door with a translucent white curtain. I slowed down the shutter speed in an effort to take advantage of the ambient light and white out the background. A little touching up of the background in Lightroom was still needed to make it completely white. Even though I was working in a relatively small apartment living room, having the FA 77 was advantageous thanks to its narrow FOV that helped keep the soft boxes and light stands out of the shot. I was able to back up into the hallway enough when necessary for taking more than just head and shoulder shots.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-10-2012, 01:35 AM - 1 Like   #3903
Inactive Account

Last edited by amorificus; 04-10-2012 at 02:07 AM.
04-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #3904
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done, pendulum!

04-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #3905

My baby lens FA43!! That's really sharp lens.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
04-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #3906
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Was drawn to this display because of the shadows. Struggled with composing this quite a lot, but I thought I'd share it anyway (FA43):

I think you've done superb job on this one. Just love it
04-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #3907
Veteran Member

Seeing all the lovely shots on this thread really make me proud and happy to be a Pentaxian

04-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #3908
Veteran Member

FA 77mm

FA 43mm

04-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #3909
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Well done, pendulum!
Thanks! I'm from Maryland too , but I don't live there anymore.
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #3910
Veteran Member

The boy wanted to have a wander round a couple of museums in York so followed him round with the FA31 and the DA70. Some silly snaps but it was good fun playing with the 31 in particular. Mostly low light/high ISO.

Last edited by mark lj; 04-11-2012 at 03:21 PM.
04-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #3911
Veteran Member

a couple of urban shots with the FA 77

A lot of people on this thread sure know how to knock 'em out of the park with their FA Limiteds! I love seeing everyone's contributions.

Here are a couple taken with my FA 77 as I was going home in the early evening. They're almost the same shot but with different orientations; can't decide which I like best.

04-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #3912

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
A lot of people on this thread sure know how to knock 'em out of the park with their FA Limiteds! I love seeing everyone's contributions.

Here are a couple taken with my FA 77 as I was going home in the early evening. They're almost the same shot but with different orientations; can't decide which I like best.

If you would ask me, the vertical one. ;-)
04-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #3913
Veteran Member

Yeah I think the vertical one too, I think it also has a better "human element" to it, (ie the guy crossing the road)

One more thing, is it just me and my crappy 3G data connection or is it Photobucket knackering your image displaying with jpeg compresson, I'm seeing all sorts of fringing and it looks like moire throughout you images. ?
04-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #3914
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
One more thing, is it just me and my crappy 3G data connection or is it Photobucket knackering your image displaying with jpeg compresson, I'm seeing all sorts of fringing and it looks like moire throughout you images. ?
Thanks for the feedback fmerges and Steve! I like the human element, as you kindly put it, of the vertical one as well but am still undecided as I like the way the green stoplight adds to the foreground in the horizontal one and how it follow the rule of thirds to an extent as opposed to being centered.

Can't say for sure what's the cause of the poor quality. Photobucket was running like a snail for me a moment ago so I did a shortcut and imported from Facebook. That import from FB over to Photobucket might have been a bad idea and could likely be what's bringing the quality down. I burned up my storage space on this forum in no time and am still figuring out the best way to share pics through other hosts. Chalk it up to me being a newb here.
04-11-2012, 11:45 PM   #3915
Veteran Member

Thanks for the feedback fmerges and Steve! I like the human element, as you kindly put it, of the vertical one as well but am still undecided as I like the way the green stoplight adds to the foreground in the horizontal one and how it follow the rule of thirds to an extent as opposed to being centered.

Can't say for sure what's the cause of the poor quality. Photobucket was running like a snail for me a moment ago so I did a shortcut and imported from Facebook. That import from FB over to Photobucket might have been a bad idea and could likely be what's bringing the quality down. I burned up my storage space on this forum in no time and am still figuring out the best way to share pics through other hosts. Chalk it up to me being a newb here.

Correct, your eye is drawn to the brightest object first (green light) and is 1/3 rule for composition, but rules are meant to be broken and the symmetry of the vertical compostion is nice even though the obelisk its a tiny bit off the centre.
As for the green light itself yes it stands out to catch your eye and draw you in but i dont find it as "interesting" as other elements of the second picture which arent quite as visible.
My eye scans to "green light" then downwards to the green sign then across to the road then up the obelisk loking for interesting elements to the picture.

I filled up my memory allocation here too.
Adam would say to donate (paypal) to the site to increase your storage.
Or you could set up a flickr (or similar) like many here have. I've been meaning to do that for a few months but no time at the moment for PP or even getting out for shooting.