Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2014, 12:44 AM   #6376
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by StudentBoots Quote
Has anyone noticed some of the tags for this thread? 'Forks,' 'spoon,' & 'tucker,' among others.
Fascinating! Apparently the FA31 is the prime of choice for sexy cutlery shots.

03-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #6377
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Fascinating! Apparently the FA31 is the prime of choice for sexy cutlery shots.
Well it's definitely my go to lens for that sort of thing!

One of my favorite snaps from Sunday's photo shoot with a fitness couple. FA 31

Might post more once I finish my edits and see anything that I think might be worth sharing.
03-31-2014, 06:11 PM   #6378
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Well it's definitely my go to lens for that sort of thing!

One of my favorite snaps from Sunday's photo shoot with a fitness couple. FA 31

Might post more once I finish my edits and see anything that I think might be worth sharing.
Nice shot, but I think buddy forgot leg day more than once
03-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #6379
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dngr Quote
Boy, no kidding! I didn't notice that at first.

03-31-2014, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #6380
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Boy, no kidding! I didn't notice that at first.
The first thing I noticed was the shape of his shorts......then I realized it was shaped that way because of the position of his right leg.

---------- Post added 03-31-14 at 07:11 PM ----------

I've wanted to try shooting a self-portrait ever since I acquired the FA77, but my tripod was stolen. Today I figured out an alternative way to do the selfie, using the cake topper we had custom-made for our wedding. I debated PPing the frosting and hairline crack off Mini-Me's face, but I think it adds character.

03-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #6381
Pentaxian

Wish I could have given the left side a bit more room so her shoes weren't so close to the edge but at least I had fun processing the image. FA31

Last edited by LeRolls; 03-31-2014 at 07:48 PM.
04-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #6382
Pentaxian

It may not be what I'm best at but at least it was a learning experience and the clients were happy with the results.

FA31

Last edited by LeRolls; 04-01-2014 at 11:22 AM.
04-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #6383
Veteran Member

lol.... Now that you say that.
04-01-2014, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #6384
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
a learning experience and the clients were happy
I'm impressed man. That looks like hard work. Pardon the pun.. I don't know at all how people (like you) do it. I was shooting some classic cars in a parking lot car party one time when a very attractive female model came on the scene for another photographer to pose in the cars for him and when she turned and looked at my camera with an inviting pose I immediately forgot everything thing I thought I knew about photography. I was barely able to pull off a silly snap...

Speaking of attractive... My FA43 arrived in the mail today.... It's completely love at first sight. I've only taken about 10 test shots but I immediately began to fear because this copy is MIJ and so far all I can say is there seems to be an extra dose of pixie dust in this thing, at least compared to my AIV 31 and 77. I doubt you can tell in this shot, which is just out of camera jpegs at f1.9, iso 1250 with a little selective usm, but all I can say is this thing is lighting my fire.
04-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #6385
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
because this copy is MIJ and so far all I can say is there seems to be an extra dose of pixie dust in this thing, at least compared to my AIV 31 and 77
Oh man, please don't start that stuff, even in jest. A myth that has gone on too long already. I've had both versions of the 77 and my AIV is absolutely better. I've still got a MIJ 43 and it's great, but not any better than my AIV 31 or 77. It comes down to individual copies, not countries of origin. Some early production AIV's may have had some teething problems, but that's it.
04-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #6386
Veteran Member

Great session you had there LeRolls. Please keep 'em coming!
04-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #6387
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DogLover Quote
Oh man, please don't start that stuff, even in jest. A myth that has gone on too long already. I've had both versions of the 77 and my AIV is absolutely better. I've still got a MIJ 43 and it's great, but not any better than my AIV 31 or 77. It comes down to individual copies, not countries of origin. Some early production AIV's may have had some teething problems, but that's it.
I hear ya and apologize lol... Let me write what I meant from a different approach, since I definitely believe what you're saying because I read up on it before I bought my AIV copies... I just wasn't expecting to be as wowed by the 43 as I immediately was and am. I expected to immediately rank it in third place because the 31 and 77 impress me so much. Maybe it's the individual copy or just that 43 rocks, but I now feel like I may end up liking the 43 the most of the three, and I am in shock at that possibility right now.
04-02-2014, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #6388
Veteran Member

This was my first thought.

04-02-2014, 06:06 AM - 1 Like   #6389
Pentaxian

I'm impressed man. That looks like hard work. Pardon the pun.. I don't know at all how people (like you) do it. I was shooting some classic cars in a parking lot car party one time when a very attractive female model came on the scene for another photographer to pose in the cars for him and when she turned and looked at my camera with an inviting pose I immediately forgot everything thing I thought I knew about photography. I was barely able to pull off a silly snap...

Speaking of attractive... My FA43 arrived in the mail today.... It's completely love at first sight. I've only taken about 10 test shots but I immediately began to fear because this copy is MIJ and so far all I can say is there seems to be an extra dose of pixie dust in this thing, at least compared to my AIV 31 and 77. I doubt you can tell in this shot, which is just out of camera jpegs at f1.9, iso 1250 with a little selective usm, but all I can say is this thing is lighting my fire.
Todd nice shot, i like this bokeh effect
04-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #6390
Veteran Member

I hear ya and apologize lol... Let me write what I meant from a different approach, since I definitely believe what you're saying because I read up on it before I bought my AIV copies... I just wasn't expecting to be as wowed by the 43 as I immediately was and am. I expected to immediately rank it in third place because the 31 and 77 impress me so much. Maybe it's the individual copy or just that 43 rocks, but I now feel like I may end up liking the 43 the most of the three, and I am in shock at that possibility right now.
That actually doesn't surprise me at all. You're not the first person I've heard of that likes the 43 best. Some of it may be that the 43 is newest to you, but you may end up always preferring it. Nothin' wrong with that!