Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2014, 03:10 AM - 3 Likes   #7246
Site Supporter

Nice work lerolls! The composition with the hair pull works nicely.

*I seem to see weird artifacts (grid pattern) on small size flickr links I post here (like 800x size) usually when I post files that have been run through SilverEfex. The artifacts arent there when you see the image on flickr or fullsize and much less noticeable on larger flickr links like this one...otherwise I would post a bit smaller. anyone else notice this?

Last edited by Deimos; 11-24-2014 at 03:15 AM.
11-24-2014, 05:54 AM   #7247
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
A friend is releasing an album soon and asked me to snap some shots for her. She wanted a gritty urban look in B&W. A bit of rush job with not much planning or time but we did what we could.

FA77

I'd have her lose the "Steve Erkel" glasses, but other than that great comp.
11-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #7248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Driline Quote
I'd have her lose the "Steve Erkel" glasses, but other than that great comp.
Thanks guys.

She calls them her "Nerd" glasses and she's totally in love with them because being semi nerdy and a girl seems to be all the rage right now. She plays video games and watches anime now to keep up with the trends. Two things that I pretty much stopped doing once I got back into photography.
11-24-2014, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #7249
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A friend is releasing an album soon and asked me to snap some shots for her. She wanted a gritty urban look in B&W. A bit of rush job with not much planning or time but we did what we could.

FA77

I think it's a great shot. Well done!

11-25-2014, 12:02 AM   #7250
Veteran Member

She calls them her "Nerd" glasses and she's totally in love with them because being semi nerdy and a girl seems to be all the rage right now. She plays video games and watches anime now to keep up with the trends.
Shoot, apparently high school me was born 15 years too early. I should have figured this was a trend...I don't remember the female anime con attendees back then looking like the ones you've been photographing, LeRolls.
11-25-2014, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #7251
Veteran Member

*I seem to see weird artifacts (grid pattern) on small size flickr links I post here (like 800x size) usually when I post files that have been run through SilverEfex. The artifacts arent there when you see the image on flickr or fullsize and much less noticeable on larger flickr links like this one...otherwise I would post a bit smaller. anyone else notice this?
That's a really nice portrait. Love the stance and the expression on his face. Well done!
11-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #7252
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by takis63 Quote
I think it's a great shot. Well done!
Thank you kindly!

QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
Shoot, apparently high school me was born 15 years too early. I should have figured this was a trend...I don't remember the female anime con attendees back then looking like the ones you've been photographing, LeRolls.
I was never much for trends even back in my high school days. I remember back in 2012 the cons I attended were even more racy with cosplayers making out in front of the cameras and all sorts of salacious antics to get people's attention. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera back then and was a bit shy about asking for photos. Now because more families are attending and cons are starting to be seen as mainstream everything is toned down and tame in comparison. Before there was an energy/passion at the cons and it felt like everyone who was there was meant to be there and that the cons were for the fans. Now with rising ticket prices and the longer multi-day events it all comes across as a money grab. It's too bad that as my photography has been getting better the cons have been getting worse. Hopefully some of the smaller up and coming cons will retain some of that energy.

11-25-2014, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #7253
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-3 & FA77

11-25-2014, 11:28 PM - 4 Likes   #7254
Pentaxian

Had the honor of attending a close friends wedding party. Luckily I was there on hand with the K-3 and the FA31 along with a flash (it was nightclub dark) because they hadn't even thought of getting a photographer. They were so happy with the photos that they wanted to pay me but I said that the photos were a wedding gift and not to worry about it. Seeing them so happy and being able to capture it for them was payment enough. This was probably my personal favorite shot and I know the bride was quite fond of it too as she is currently using it as her Facebook banner image.

11-26-2014, 01:54 AM - 1 Like   #7255
Veteran Member

Had the honor of attending a close friends wedding party. Luckily I was there on hand with the K-3 and the FA31 along with a flash (it was nightclub dark) because they hadn't even thought of getting a photographer. They were so happy with the photos that they wanted to pay me but I said that the photos were a wedding gift and not to worry about it. Seeing them so happy and being able to capture it for them was payment enough. This was probably my personal favorite shot and I know the bride was quite fond of it too as she is currently using it as her Facebook banner image.

That's a great picture!
11-26-2014, 02:19 AM - 1 Like   #7256

Full ack! Great capture LeRolls!
11-26-2014, 05:53 AM - 9 Likes   #7257
Site Supporter

Another one through the dirty airplane window

11-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #7258
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another one through the dirty airplane window

Great hues of blue ... TFS, J