Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #256
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ha, now you have that song freaking stuck in my head! Im Off to go watch anchor man again

What do the silver versions look like on pentax's black bodies?

07-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #257
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
Ha, now you have that song freaking stuck in my head! Im Off to go watch anchor man again
HAHAHAHA...so THERE!!! Have FUN!!

QuoteQuote:
What do the silver versions look like on pentax's black bodies?
I will admit I thought they would be awful when I order the 77ltd silver...nothing could be further from the truth...I LOBE the loook!!

I can't get a shot of a silver mounted on my K20D as I just this AM sold my 40D and last lens...but here is an idea with the 77ltd in front of the 40D body:

click the shot to see bigger and other shots I have taken with the DA 35 macro Ltd. I really have not done much with the other lenses, been dealing with family things the past few weeks so no real time...yet!!
07-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #258
Veteran Member

Thanks..... that FA 77 is sexy for sure

If anyone has a picture with one mounted on the camera could you post it? Thanks
07-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #259
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nottoohairy Quote
Here is the beginning of a translation of some technical reports from a Japanese journal called Shashin Kougyou. These were written by the Asahi Optical engineer Jun Hirakawa about the development of the 43 and 77 Limiteds.

1.jpg (image)

2.jpg (image)
This is great, thanks!

07-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #260
Veteran Member

Where is that famous "frog" image?

Thanks a lot pcarfan, I just had to purchase the 43 Ltd because your image is next to perfection.

Here is a quickie with my new K20 and 43 Ltd (Jpeg and handheld right out of my camera). I just wanted to post an image to belong to the Limited club, so critisize away folks!

07-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #261
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
fun with Koi and the 77

All shot with the K20D
first a "normal" shot. Koi and water lily.

Next two, for some reason, some of the koi started to gather nearby, lot of opportunities for some abstract type shots. These were difficult to do there was a BIG difference between the dark water and the bright fish. These two were the best of a bunch of about 15 or so shots.

Any tips on how to get more "keepers" (pun intended) is greatly appreciated. I used a CP, relevant exif data on the last two shots is: ISO 100; aperture 7.1 and
1/80 sec for #2 and 1/60 for #3. Hand held SR on.

NaCl(I would imagine a handful of oatmeal would attract them )H2O
07-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #262
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
Where is that famous "frog" image?

Thanks a lot pcarfan, I just had to purchase the 43 Ltd because your image is next to perfection.

Here is a quickie with my new K20 and 43 Ltd (Jpeg and handheld right out of my camera). I just wanted to post an image to belong to the Limited club, so critisize away folks!
nice flowers....and I can let ya in on a secret, it was that frog shot which SOLD me on switching to Pentax. The 43ltd is likely been moved up to next on my lens list now that I have spent time with the 35ltd and 77ltd...and since the supply of silver 31ltds is also an endangered species I am going to have to nab one of them soon as possible as well.

Anyway, I just agree that picture was one of the best shots I've ever seen from a digital camera, or any camera!

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
All shot with the K20D
first a "normal" shot. Koi and water lily.

WOW...that flower seems to want to jump out of the screen...beautiful shot.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking about the other shots. Is it that the contrast between the vibrant orange of the koi and the dingy brackish/greenish water is so pronounced? I would guess with a CPL you might need to meet in the middle somewhere between the ability to see past the light reflected from the surface and that from the fish?

BTW, I would recommend with Guide's Choice or Pautzke Bait - Our Story (Balls-o-Fire) in order to land more keepers.

Oh, koi, if ya have't noticed, as with any farm raised fish, learn to associate people with food so they come toward people rather than hide, that's usually why they gather, especially if it is near to normal feeding time. Some day visit a fish hatchery and it is AMAZING how the fish will follow a person all the way around the pond in search of treats. Of course they is also the temptation to jump in and nab one of the brood stock beasties as well...cripes I used to visit this hatchery every summer:

Mt. Whitney Fish Hatchery

There were/are 30-40lb brown's in their ponds...as big as a child some of them...amazing and worth the visit if you ever get a chance to vist one. Oh, you actually can feed the fish, or you could once upon a time, these days I dunno...

07-20-2009, 05:40 AM   #263
Forum Member

I went the DA21 route, I'm so dull!!

As much as I continue to lust after the 43 (in an unhealthy way!) the simple fact is that I already own the DA35, and with limited funds available I just couldn't justify the 43. Add to that I really wanted the 21 for street shooting...

The depressing thing is that the FA43 (well, all Pentax lenses) have rocketed in price in the UK, so my chance of buying a 43 are very slim now :0(

QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
To CheddarGav: The 43 is soooo nice. I don't think you'll be disappointed! Yeah, it does people, but it can do landscapes too, just like the DA 21!

07-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #264
Pentaxian

Cheddargav, I believe you'll find the 21mm Ltd to be anything but dull.
Don't forget to add some samples here .

PS Perhaps a small conciliation: I believe Keitha McCall doesn't even need FA limited’s to make her photos shine
07-20-2009, 02:38 PM   #265
Veteran Member

Bart

the thread was not created to compare FA's with other limiteds or other lenses.
It was created to display FA limited images for others to enjoy.

Neil
07-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #266
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nulla Quote
Bart

the thread was not created to compare FA's with other limiteds or other lenses.
It was created to display FA limited images for others to enjoy.

Neil
Side effects include LBA, upset partners, and sleeping on couch!
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #267
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Haha... I am not the only one then

Neil
07-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #268
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Cheddargav, I believe you'll find the 21mm Ltd to be anything but dull.
Don't forget to add some samples here .

PS Perhaps a small conciliation: I believe Keitha McCall doesn't even need FA limited’s to make her photos shine
But if we assume it is all the lenses work then it gives some us us hope we might get lucky and have a good shot if we buy enough gear....hehehehe...and by we I mean I...

Her shots are just really a treat to see...
07-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #269
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
rule in "my" house is room for the gear first...room for the better 2/3's second...as far as I know she doesn't peek in here just yet, so I hope I am safe...did I mention she likes archery and seems to have a fetish for chef knives?

07-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #270
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Photos taken with K10D + 77 Ltd in Boston this past Saturday, during the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photo Walk.