Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2120 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #1906
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
@WillH, I especially like your 3rd picture with 30A in

And I also like the landscape picture that you took with the 40A.

I don't have good experience when I had a copy of 23A for a short while. I may be biased with 19AH or the Tamron AF 70-300mm LD zoom. And I might have a bad copy of 23A and when the lens is extended I found it quite difficult to use hand-held, I wish I have your original tripod rings like the one in the 19AH. Do you have a tripod ring on the 23A? And do you use tripod/mono-pod at all with the 23A?

Thanks,
Hin
Thanks Hin! Yes I do use a tripod mount on the 23A. I adapted a Canon mount to fit the lens barrel. I can only go down to 100mm, but that's okay with me! I shake so bad now I need a tripod for just about everything! IT's horrible - a real bummer!

I think you must have gotten a bum copy! The lens that sits on my camera on a regular basis is the 40A. These were taken with the 40A of the mount on my 23A.

Great pictures of the Golden Lab! The lens is working for your!

Last edited by WillH; 01-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
11-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #1907
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ASa Quote
Here's few from the aforementioned 103A...
Those look amazing ASa! Reminds me I need to continue giving my 103a some love. Might try and take it out with me today when we go into town.

QuoteOriginally posted by WillH Quote
Wolfegirl: I have enjoyed your photos! They are great - I like photographing flowers too! Yours are nice indeed! Must be great to have native flowers like those handy!
Thanks WillH. Yes it's really handy having them in my backyard. I'm just glad they were all out at the same time. I had a friend come visit and it was a nice change to go out with someone specifically to take photos Sometimes photography can be a lonely hobby.

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Few old pictures with Tamron 200mm f/3.5 adaptall-2 (04B)
That last shot is beautiful hinman! Good luck with your 01a search!
11-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #1908

QuoteOriginally posted by phree Quote
MAX and MIN sizes of the 27A, 01A,13A and 09A. Sorry for the poor quality, I threw my 24mm 01BB on and forgot to reset the SR so the EXIF says 70mm!
What were the clear end caps that you're using on the other three lenses? I have four AD2 lenses and only one clear cap (from my very first lens I bough, the 01A).
11-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #1909

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pooschey Quote
What were the clear end caps that you're using on the other three lenses? I have four AD2 lenses and only one clear cap (from my very first lens I bough, the 01A).
They are all original caps that shipped with adaptall lenses, although maybe not these specific ones.

There are two different types as you can see. The double wall type also protects the mounting flange of the lens, the single wall type covers only the internals. I don't know the significance, if any, of the different types. Someone else here may know though?. Both types fit any and all adaptalls that I have tried them on so far. They are the same dimensions from mating surface to the end and they have the same internal size.

I have a few that stay on my special lenses when stored without an adapter and some others that stay handy for use when I want extra rear element protection or support for photographing lenses. I suppose that they get lost over the years, as most of my lenes came without one. Most people would have removed it when they fitted the original adapter from new, which then probably stayed on that lens until sold.

11-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #1910
Veteran Member

All my Adaptalls came with those clear rear lens covers......well, except for the 30A cuz I just bought it used recently from a member of PF. All mine except for one were lost or broken over the years and they don't work when the adapter is installed as phree said! Also, I bought the cases with my lenses and discovered the lens with adapter fit better in the case without the Tamron rear caps. All my original lenses came with Canon mounts, but when I switched to Pentax mounts I didn't get any end caps..... Bummer. Those black Tamron lens rear end caps were the best!
11-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #1911

QuoteOriginally posted by phree Quote
They are all original caps that shipped with adaptall lenses, although maybe not these specific ones.

There are two different types as you can see. The double wall type also protects the mounting flange of the lens, the single wall type covers only the internals. I don't know the significance, if any, of the different types. Someone else here may know though?. Both types fit any and all adaptalls that I have tried them on so far. They are the same dimensions from mating surface to the end and they have the same internal size.
Oh, I didn't know there were two types of the clear caps. It's a pain for me right now as I need to swap adapters with lens cap (I a NEX user) each time I want to use a different lens. Have not any luck finding it on the bay. I've seen it at keh but they were like $10 each.
11-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #1912
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pooschey Quote
Oh, I didn't know there were two types of the clear caps. It's a pain for me right now as I need to swap adapters with lens cap (I a NEX user) each time I want to use a different lens. Have not any luck finding it on the bay. I've seen it at keh but they were like $10 each.
I only got two copies of the clear cap. I wish I can find them as I find it very useful to use. I have to admit that I have 10+ copies of adapters of various brands. Though the other-brand adapter can serve as a rear lens cap, those are not quick to mount and dis-mount. The clear cap is a treasure to get if you ask me.

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
That last shot is beautiful hinman! Good luck with your 01a search!
Thank you! I got my 01A from very respected forum member pacerr. You can imaggine the happy face when I met up my previous favorite zoom with 01A. I currently lack the lens hood and a quick try out in the afternoon sun shows more flare than I would like to admit. The good close up, bokeh and sharpness and pretty darn good color in this zoom is what draw me back and I still found the zoom very special to use.

My quest for Tamron adaptall-2 135mm f/2.5 (03B) came to an end on Monday as I placed a buy-it-now when I saw one releasing in ebay. I hope it is similar to my good experience with the 200mm f/3.5 (04B). And I currently don't have the 90mm that many of you praised about. I used to have a good copy of 52BB but I sold it once again due to LBA guilt. If I have to pick again, I will pick 52BB over 52B as I like my previous experience with 52BB though I have not played with 52B.

Good and bad, I hope more forum member will share their experience with 03B. I saw positive review in our lens review. And I will share my finding when I get my copy.

Thanks,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 11-07-2012 at 09:34 AM.
11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #1913
Veteran Member

I was tinkering with the 40A this morning and attached the MC7 2X teleconverter just for grins and chuckles! I was pleased with the result. Makes a passable 70-270mm lens and very useable!
First photo at 270mm, second was crop of that photo. Then one of a tree top 270mm! Absolutely no other PP and all were taken hand held. Colors look okay, I suppose a little brightening would help! I was surprised the water trough was as clear as it was being handheld and all. That corral and water trough are at least 200 yards away. ISO400, F7.1, 1/250s, -1.3.

11-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #1914
Forum Member

Will,

Do you find that MC7 TC superior to the 01F Adaptall TC?

Scott

Lovely country there in the 51st state. :-)
11-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #1915
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SRT201 Quote
Will,

Scott
I kind of had the same question in mind ... J
11-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #1916
Veteran Member

Will,

Scott

Lovely country there in the 51st state. :-)
51 state! Don't I wish! We had our chance and dropped the ball!

The 01F? Don't know a thing about that teleconverter - it's well regarded! Never used one. Never seen one, except in pictures. Have absolutely one experience with the 01F Teleconverter. I'd never heard of the Tamron MC7 until a friend sent and email stating he had one and if I was interested I could have it! It turned out to be a good piece of gear, IMO. I have attached the MC7 to every Adaptall I have without any problems and I use it in Av, Tv, Sv and M modes with no problem with complete aperture control! It's fantastic on the 23A!

Also, I haven't been able to locate any information on the MC7! Years of manufacture or specifications!
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #1917
Forum Member

Got a picture of it?
11-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #1918
Veteran Member

Got a picture of it?
Sure! Here it is attached to the camera! The tripod mount is did not come with the MC7. Also the "Tamron" name has worn off!

11-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #1919
Forum Member

Cool. I'll have to look for one. That tripod mount is really a beast. Looks like it could hold 40 lbs.
11-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #1920
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
2 from my 23A 60-300 on my D800, really would love a copy in better shape.. but I still have fun with this one.