Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #2791
osv
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Maybe it's the light? Our coastal areas are pretty built up!
it's the light you have there, but it's also that glowy sort of soft focus look, and the timeless nature of the subject matter in those particular pics.

places like byron bay are big tourist destinations these days? same thing happened over here, only much quicker.

in ~1968 i was a kid flying into lax for the first time from the midwest... the stars were different, the air smelled different, and the smog was so thick that you could cut it with a knife... paradise long gone by even then.

i rode back to the house we were staying at in a red '64 ford galaxie convertible, top down... the place was classic '60's l.a., with a backyard was that was maybe 20' wide, most of which was a tall mesh cage that had this nasty monkey living in it, that was doing unspeakable things to itself

the only interior door in the house was at the bathroom, all of the bedroom doors had long beads for doors, and the place reeked of incense... i can describe it all here, but i'd be hard-pressed to capture those thoughts in a pic that looked like it was shot back in the day... but for me, you sort of did the rural australian version of that with those pics.

07-31-2015, 07:11 PM - 3 Likes   #2792
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
it's the light you have there, but it's also that glowy sort of soft focus look, and the timeless nature of the subject matter in those particular pics.

places like byron bay are big tourist destinations these days? same thing happened over here, only much quicker.

in ~1968 i was a kid flying into lax for the first time from the midwest... the stars were different, the air smelled different, and the smog was so thick that you could cut it with a knife... paradise long gone by even then.

i rode back to the house we were staying at in a red '64 ford galaxie convertible, top down... the place was classic '60's l.a., with a backyard was that was maybe 20' wide, most of which was a tall mesh cage that had this nasty monkey living in it, that was doing unspeakable things to itself

the only interior door in the house was at the bathroom, all of the bedroom doors had long beads for doors, and the place reeked of incense... i can describe it all here, but i'd be hard-pressed to capture those thoughts in a pic that looked like it was shot back in the day... but for me, you sort of did the rural australian version of that with those pics.
Thanks osv. I appreciate the compliment.

It's the end of the month with the qz-35m.

Here are a few more of my favourites through the month.

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 07-31-2015 at 07:18 PM.
08-01-2015, 05:11 AM   #2793
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice wolfiegirl - I think we can agree its a lens with a lot of character
08-01-2015, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #2794
Site Supporter

Tamron 52B

what a great lens this is.
handheld with my samsung NX20 (and the breeze was wafting the flower around).

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NX20  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NX20  Photo 
08-08-2015, 07:48 AM   #2795
Site Supporter

Adaptall SP 23A

See also 300mm+ lens club. K5, hand held, macro (60mm).

300mm, bean bag on a fence post.

Last edited by marcusBMG; 08-13-2015 at 09:36 AM.
08-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #2796
Site Supporter

35-135mm 22A

The most particular thing about the 22a is its warm colours, so it was a natural for some portraiture of this red haired dog. #1 is cropped a bit, #2 is a ~ 50% crop.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by marcusBMG; 08-13-2015 at 09:37 AM.
08-13-2015, 09:33 AM   #2797
Site Supporter

Uncommon original 1st gen adaptalls - silver

My latest acquisitions for the collection. Not quite LNIB - all the rubber grips have perished. if you have a junk lens with a grip I can use PM me....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
08-15-2015, 07:23 AM   #2798
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
Not quite LNIB
Still a nice haul if they're otherwise functional.

08-17-2015, 05:44 PM   #2799
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Tamron Adaptall-2 Custom Mount

I know absolutely NOTHING about the Tamron Adaptall lenses, however, in one of my lot buys, I acquired a Tamron gizmo that I assume is to adapt a Tamron Adaptall lens to a Pentax camera. It's like new, still in the factory box. The box is labeled, "Tamron Adaptall-2 Custom Mount."

I have no use for it, but was wondering if it had any value? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
08-17-2015, 07:34 PM   #2800
Pentaxian

Depends on whether it's the P/K or the P/KA mount. The former is fairly common and not that hard to get hold of. The latter is more sought after, since it can be used on DSLRs without resorting to stop-down metering.
08-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #2801
Pentaxian

Speaking of the PK mount adapter, I put mine on my K2 the other day and discovered something interesting.

One of the common complaints about the K2 is the difficulty in reading the exposure compensation dial, which is located on the edge of the body portion of the mount. The P/K adapter—but not the P/KA one—has a tiny notch in it that, when the lens is mounted, is positioned right over the compensation marker and makes it much easier to read at a glance.

Score one for Adaptall.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GR DIGITAL 3  Photo 
08-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #2802
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by g026r Quote
Depends on whether it's the P/K or the P/KA mount. The former is fairly common and not that hard to get hold of. The latter is more sought after, since it can be used on DSLRs without resorting to stop-down metering.

On the box, it says "Pentax-KA"
08-18-2015, 06:20 AM   #2803
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
On the box, it says "Pentax-KA"

See my info page:

Information page on Tamron adaptall, adaptall-2 system and lenses

PKA mounts typically $50-80
08-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #2804
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
See my info page:

Information page on Tamron adaptall, adaptall-2 system and lenses

PKA mounts typically $50-80

Excellent information. Thanks, Marcus.
08-19-2015, 10:01 AM - 2 Likes   #2805
Site Supporter

Cannabilised some rubber off a worthless sigma zoom for the 135mm, and off a surplus 103A with fungus that I acquired for the mount for the 28mm and the aperture rings. For the 300mm I found some textured vinyl type material in my junk box.

Tried to take some pics of the lilies once the rain stopped with the 28mm and the 135mm. f5.6. Need to practice my flower photography but colours and resolution all pretty good.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo