Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2119 Likes Search this Thread
02-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #721
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by titanhb Quote
Great photos All!

Does anyone have experience with the 38-100? Seems like a great non-SP lens.

Thank you.
No but please post a photo or two. I haven't heard of this one before although I see it is an Adaptall with out the 2 model SZ-38 or CZ-38M. Which model of lens do you have? I sure hope the number is on the lens somewhere.
Alan W.

02-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #722
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there a thread for non-tamron adaptall's?

I found a Vivitar 24mm F/2.8 adaptall that im curious about
02-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #723

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
I found a Vivitar 24mm F/2.8 adaptall that im curious about
Wouldn't that be a TX mount?
02-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #724
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damian Quote
Wouldn't that be a TX mount?
no clue. The guy told me it was adaptall..... i know nothing about either

02-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #725

There was a thread about Vivitar interchangeable mounts
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/33896-anyone-u...nt-lenses.html

Heres a link to a brochure regarding TX mounts

Another Link

---------- Post added 02-27-11 at 11:38 PM ----------

no clue. The guy told me it was adaptall..... i know nothing about either
Vivitar never made adaptall lenses. They had a different system based on the T mount. There was a progression of mounts, I think it was T2, T3, T4, and last TX. But I'm not an expert.
02-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #726
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damian Quote
There was a thread about Vivitar interchangeable mounts
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/33896-anyone-u...nt-lenses.html

Heres a link to a brochure regarding TX mounts

Another Link

---------- Post added 02-27-11 at 11:38 PM ----------

Vivitar never made adaptall lenses. They had a different system based on the T mount. There was a progression of mounts, I think it was T2, T3, T4, and last TX. But I'm not an expert.
thank you!

Answered all of my questions
02-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #727
Veteran Member

thank you!

Answered all of my questions
I have one TX mount Vivitar lens, a 24mm, but I do not remember what TX mounts I own. I think I have three of them and one is for the old Canon film FD mechanical mount system. I actually have not looked at it lately.
Alan W.

02-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #728
Banned

Just received Adaptall2 to PK mount from Rocksphoto($15 + free ship.) top quality and works great,better than $35-$45 for original.
02-28-2011, 06:11 PM   #729
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kryss Quote
Just received Adaptall2 to PK mount from Rocksphoto($15 + free ship.) top quality and works great,better than $35-$45 for original.
It looks as though that would hang the lens on the camera. It also looks too thin to give infinity focus but that could be deceiving. I like the ability to do a stop down with the mechanical Adaptall-2 units. And the original PK-A units give all kinds of help to the photographer plus so much communication with the body. This is probably a fair buy for the money but I would buy a T mount lens or M42 lens first.
02-28-2011, 10:25 PM   #730
Veteran Member

Build quality is pretty good for a third party adapter, isn't it? It will go perfectly with your 55BB, as for your other Adaptall lenses, you can shoot in Av mode with stop down metering.

QuoteOriginally posted by kacansas03 Quote
It looks as though that would hang the lens on the camera. It also looks too thin to give infinity focus but that could be deceiving. I like the ability to do a stop down with the mechanical Adaptall-2 units. And the original PK-A units give all kinds of help to the photographer plus so much communication with the body. This is probably a fair buy for the money but I would buy a T mount lens or M42 lens first.
I don't understand what your comments are based on, the third party Adaptall mount goes on and off the Adaptall lenses as well as any of the genuine PK/A or PK/M Adaptall mounts. It's actually easier because you don't have to move the aperture ring to the widest position to dismount the adapter from the lens. This adapter let's the lens focus to infinity (as advertised) and you can shoot in Av mode (camera adjusts the exposure automatically as you turn the aperture ring). Of course, it's a far cry from the PK/A mount but it only cost 1/5 or less than a PK/A mount. I don't want to nitpick, but what does T mount or m42 lens have anything to do with this discussion?

Thanks,
02-28-2011, 11:23 PM   #731
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kacansas03:
. . .I would buy a T mount lens or M42 lens first.
Adapter quirks notwithstanding, in my experience the Tamron Adaptall-2 glass (especially the SP lenses) have been superior to any of the equivalent T-mount lenses I've owned whether OEM or re-badged third party brands.

And M42-mount lenses in general are no better (except possibly on a case-by-case basis with select Pentax SMCs and other classic glass) and one still has the issues of finding a suitable adapter.

H2
03-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #732
Banned

Well I have been shooting for 50yrs and amazing as it may seem I have learnt a few things,also collected a bit of gear ie. over 70 Pentax lenses,35 SP Tamrons,4non Sp Tamrons and a sprinkling of Voigtlander,Vivitar and Kirons,lost count of how many bodies I have.So to get to the point, I was willing to spend $15 to try this adapter and it works for me,so be kind to an old fart and you shoot with your experience and I with mine,incidentally have you tried this adapter or are you basing your comments on YOUR experience.
03-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #733
Veteran Member

Well I have been shooting for 50yrs and amazing as it may seem I have learnt a few things,also collected a bit of gear ie. over 70 Pentax lenses,35 SP Tamrons,4non Sp Tamrons and a sprinkling of Voigtlander,Vivitar and Kirons,lost count of how many bodies I have.So to get to the point, I was willing to spend $15 to try this adapter and it works for me,so be kind to an old fart and you shoot with your experience and I with mine,incidentally have you tried this adapter or are you basing your comments on YOUR experience.
Yeah, you are right. Based on my own experience. LOL You have fun shooting with all those lenses too!. It sounds like you may have the biggest collection of Tamron adaptall lenses I know about. I would also guess that you have been collecting them for a long time. I just found some pics of my old beat up 52A 70-210 Macro that I will have to share. Personally I really miss two touch manual focus zooms. Although some of todays lenses are also two touch. Just my 2 cents. I think if I had 30 + adaptall I would be looking for the $15 mount, after all they are an all manual on our digital bodies.
Alan W.
03-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #734
Veteran Member

I think if I had 30 + adaptall I would be looking for the $15 mount, after all they are an all manual on our digital bodies.
Umm.. If I had 30 adaptall lenses, I'd be using the original PKA adapter.
03-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #735

QuoteOriginally posted by Voytech Quote
Umm.. If I had 30 adaptall lenses, I'd be using the original PKA adapter.
I have 3 adaptall-2 lenses and I can't live without my PKA adapter, now that I have it. The PK-M adapter worked, but auto aperture is much nicer. Just my 2 cents.