Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #331
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I agree ... very nice indeed ... believe it or not, I have one coming from Belgium (hopefully soon) ... can you explain your conversion or show/direct me to some info, please ... thanks in advance ... Salut, J
may i add : can you post it in this thread ? we never know, LBA can strikes me again ...

11-10-2013, 01:09 AM   #332
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
may i add : can you post it in this thread ? we never know, LBA can strikes me again ...
Re-bonjour,

Here are two f1.4 "Franken-lens" modifications of mine ... I have been looking for a Canon FD 1.4 because I have a de-glassed FD/PK adapter to use as an extension tube, but also want to modify ... ... yes, I am a very sick person on many medications J

Carl Zeiss Jena - Prakticar 1.4/50 MC - Modified to PK fit Lens Reviews - Carl Zeiss Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

Yashica 50mm f1.4 ML - "RioRico" modification to PK mount Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database
11-10-2013, 01:51 AM   #333
Veteran Member

I agree ... very nice indeed ... believe it or not, I have one coming from Belgium (hopefully soon) ... can you explain your conversion or show/direct me to some info, please ... thanks in advance ... Salut, J

Thank you both for nice comments.
The lens is great for sure. Much better then my photography "skills".

The conversion is sort of complex but it turns the lens into a K or M lens so that you can use the green button for stop down messure.
Very nice being able to focus at 1,4 and the camera then stops down just as any old Pentax lens. It is also reaching infinity and even slightly beyond if needed.

I am working on a modification kit that Im planning on selling.
It is fully reversable and non destructive. Right now Im working with a machineshop and we are programming the cad apps he uses so that we can produce the different parts. I will start making this 50/1,4 lens and when I get that working I will make more kits for other Canon FD lenses. I have a lot of them already converted.
The only lens in my camerabag that isnt a FD lens is my Sigma 20/1,8 but yesterday I tried an FD 20mmF2.8 lens on my K5 and wow. That one is supersharp with nice rendering. Will convert that one too asap but Im short on time and the 50/1,4 is priority 1.
Btw. Still dreaming of a FF Pentax so that I can use these old FD lenses the way they were ment to be used.

When I have my first FDn 50/1,4 kit ready I will start a thread to explain what I have done and what I will do if I can sell a few.
I was thinking about, perhaps selling a few copies at a discount to a few selected to get some real life testing and hopefully constructive reviews as well.

Anyways. Sorry for not telling more about the conversion itself but Im hoping to make a small income on this some day.
That is if it all works out the way I hope.
11-10-2013, 02:00 AM   #334
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aliasant Quote
Thank you both for nice comments. ... Btw. Still dreaming of a FF Pentax so that I can use these old FD lenses the way they were ment to be used. ...
When I have my first FDn 50/1,4 kit ready I will start a thread to explain what I have done and what I will do if I can sell a few.
I was thinking about, perhaps selling a few copies at a discount to a few selected to get some real life testing and hopefully constructive reviews as well. ...
Bonjour aliasant,

Thanks for your answer and please keep me informed (PM if you want) ... very interested and also longing for a FF for my various f1.4's, etc ... Salut, J

11-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #335
Veteran Member

Bonjour aliasant,

Thanks for your answer and please keep me informed (PM if you want) ... very interested and also longing for a FF for my various f1.4's, etc ... Salut, J
Will do.
It still needs work and at the moment Im in a different part of the country from were the machineshop is so progress is a bit on hold. Going back late november. Not sure if I have a product by then. I have to adapt after my machineguys schedule. We still need to sit together and program the rest of the parts and then actually make and test to fix any obvious problems. After that I will go into next phase. Ill bump you then.
11-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #336
Pentaxian

Will do.
It still needs work and at the moment Im in a different part of the country from were the machineshop is so progress is a bit on hold. Going back late november. Not sure if I have a product by then. I have to adapt after my machineguys schedule. We still need to sit together and program the rest of the parts and then actually make and test to fix any obvious problems. After that I will go into next phase. Ill bump you then.
Thanks ... here's my de-glassed FD/PK adapter with a FD 50/1.8 on it ... and a very low light (bedside table lamp) wide open SOOC shot that I just made, because I could not find the other previous test shots ... I want to try this adapter with the f1.4 (that I hopefully will receive some day) and would like to convert a 1.4 to a straight PK as well ... thanks again, J

11-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #337
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The Canon 50 f1.4

I used to use Canon FD for all my photos till I went Pentax digital. I sold quite a few of that lens collection but still have a nice array to go with my T-90 body. I think one of those is the 50 f1.4 which I bought for low light and was always pleased with its results. I also have the standard kit 50 f1.8 and some other short primes. I think it is about time for me to part with all that gear. I know it is not worth very much so much of it I could just give away for the cost of shipping or mailing.

11-10-2013, 11:46 PM - 1 Like   #338
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kacansas03 Quote
I used to use Canon FD for all my photos till I went Pentax digital. I sold quite a few of that lens collection but still have a nice array to go with my T-90 body. I think one of those is the 50 f1.4 which I bought for low light and was always pleased with its results. I also have the standard kit 50 f1.8 and some other short primes. I think it is about time for me to part with all that gear. I know it is not worth very much so much of it I could just give away for the cost of shipping or mailing.
Bonjour kacansas,

If you really want to, I can give your stuff a good home ... I'm sending you a PM ... Salut, J

PS - I am also trying to set up a new wet darkroom in the house ... here's a part for the B&W ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 11-11-2013 at 12:38 AM.
11-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #339
Pentaxian

I finally received my "1.4" candidate for PK conversion ... until then, I will use the de-glassed FD/PK adapter ... Salut, J

11-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #340
Veteran Member

I finally received my "1.4" candidate for PK conversion ... until then, I will use the de-glassed FD/PK adapter ... Salut, J
Congrats to the lens. Ita a great one once adapted
I just came back from a 12h shoft at the machine shop.
Been working on the screws for my conversion kit and its hard, really hard but we are getting closer.
Next oppurtunity isnt until Dec. then i hope i can finalize all the different parts and present the first verision for you guys.
Ill let you know.

Btw
Heres a shot taken with my canon fd 80-200 L.
PP in my iphone since my pc is being repaired.
Attached Images

11-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #341
Pentaxian

Congrats to the lens. Ita a great one once adapted
I just came back from a 12h shoft at the machine shop.
Been working on the screws for my conversion kit and its hard, really hard but we are getting closer.
Next oppurtunity isnt until Dec. then i hope i can finalize all the different parts and present the first verision for you guys.
Ill let you know.

Btw
Heres a shot taken with my canon fd 80-200 L.
PP in my iphone since my pc is being repaired.
Bonjour aliasant,

Thanks for the update ... take your time ... I am not in any rush ... PS - nice capture ... Salut, J
01-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #342
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Will do.
I am interested in those too. Can you please let me know as well. I was looking to convert my FDn 50mm 1.4 to P-K for long time. Thanks!
01-17-2014, 04:29 AM   #343
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
I am interested in those too. Can you please let me know as well. I was looking to convert my FDn 50mm 1.4 to P-K for long time. Thanks!

Will do!

As an update.
I have created the screws needed for the conversion. It took some time but finally the biggest obsticle is conquered.
In late Jan and Feb I will hopefully get the last pieces ready for show and test.
It is very exciting and great fun to be able to take this project further and further.

More news soon.
01-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #344
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Will do!

As an update.
I have created the screws needed for the conversion. It took some time but finally the biggest obsticle is conquered.
In late Jan and Feb I will hopefully get the last pieces ready for show and test.
It is very exciting and great fun to be able to take this project further and further.

More news soon.
Thanks! Can not wait to use my favorite 50 lens again!
01-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #345
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
Thanks! Can not wait to use my favorite 50 lens again!

I use mine all the time.
Heres a bunch of shots taken with that lens.
Canon FD 50mm F1.4 - Martin Rodensjo