Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2020, 05:20 AM   #481

Photos: Gallery
Hello everyone !

I ordered a focal reducer in order (lens turbo eos to fx + k to eos ) to adapt some of my K lens onto my fuji xe1 while maintaining close to the original field of view. I have been told that sometime the aperture lever or the moving back optical element could interfere with the mirror on some canon camera and this could be the same on this adapter. There used to be a pentax K to Fuji X Lens turbo wich is not in production anymore, but I don't know if it is due to the financial success of the product or the issue aforementioned. Does anyone has any info about this lens adapter ? Since the deliveries are experiencing some delays I'm digging as much info as I can but there's not much infos to be found. I'll share all I found since it might be of some interest for some pentax glass users in here.

Here is someone who tested the lens turbo K-Fx, looks good to me but there's not a lot of pictures. Das „Pentazhong Nocticon“… – RetroCamera.de

10-24-2020, 07:08 PM - 2 Likes   #482
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Canon 125mm 3.5 . Found this oddball lens in a junkshop for $20.
Canon EX 125mm f/3 5 Telephoto Lens for EX-EE EX-Auto 35mm Film SLR Cameras with Front/Rear Caps
But because it is an auxilary lens for attaching to a base element it won't throw an image. I resolved that by removing one of the rear elements - there are two concave elements at the rear and two convex in front. It has ended up being somewhere about f4 and with a focal length (very approximately) 200 to 300mm. It's mount is very conveniently a 37mm thread. When mounted with a 37-42 adapter and m42 to PK adapter it focuses at around portrait range. With no focus adjustment I had to resort to winding the mount thread in and out to get a little bit of control. On the K-1
11-24-2020, 09:20 PM - 1 Like   #483
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was told to post this mash up here. It is a Leica 90mm F2.5 Colorplan slide projector lens mounted on the Pentax 645Z. I used a Fotodiox Pentax 67 to 645 adapter to have something physically mounted to the 645Z body. The 90mm lens barrel was too small to small for the hole in the Fotodiox adapter. So I shimmed it with corrugated cardboard. Had to be careful how far the lens is shoved into the camera body to avoid fouling the mirror. Basically the focus distance is locked in at about 2ft. There was no way to properly align the lens to the focal plane. Even if aligned, it would eventually sag. So this initial setup isn't as sharp as possible. I'll work on that.

Thanks for looking,
barondla
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
05-15-2021, 09:11 PM   #484

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Another "Franken-lens" ... Projector lens stuffed into bellows ... Has anyone else done this before; any suggestions? (x-posted)

Nice pics.
Have you thought of an enlarger lens? Schneider lenses and the like go for next to nothing on eBay these days, and they are designed for top image quality at close distances.

– Stephen

05-15-2021, 11:51 PM   #485

Praktina to PK?

Recently acquired a nice Praktina mount C. Z. Jena 50mm f/2.8 12 blade that I would like to try out on my PK DSLR. Any hope at all for an adapter? I have searched. it came with a functional Praktina body, so I may have to just shoot a roll or two.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
VOG-L04  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
VOG-L04  Photo 
05-16-2021, 06:04 AM   #486
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by swestin Quote
Nice pics.
Have you thought of an enlarger lens? Schneider lenses and the like go for next to nothing on eBay these days, and they are designed for top image quality at close distances.

– Stephen
Thanks & hi ...

Yes, I have thought about enlarger lenses and I have a few lying about that need to be tested ... maybe once our weather clears a bit more.

I really need to get back into this thread with some more activity. J
05-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #487

Praktina Lens on PK Mount Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by evanleeson Quote
Recently acquired a nice Praktina mount C. Z. Jena 50mm f/2.8 12 blade that I would like to try out on my PK DSLR. Any hope at all for an adapter? I have searched. it came with a functional Praktina body, so I may have to just shoot a roll or two.
Well, a quick look at my lens register chart offers hope; the Praktina mount offers 5mm space in register and is a couple of millimeters smaller in diameter than the K mount. How handy are you at machining? Or perhaps you have access to a 3D printer? The first thing is to make something exactly 5mm thick to space the lens from the film plane, then design a way to secure and center the lens.

– Stephen