Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5915 Likes Search this Thread
12-15-2013, 01:20 AM   #2071
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

12-15-2013, 05:32 AM   #2072
Veteran Member

Haha, great shot, Disco. Those twinkling eyes express loads of fun!
12-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #2073
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
Haha, great shot, Disco. Those twinkling eyes express loads of fun!
Thanks , TenZ.NL yeah kids were having such a fab time around Santa , we got invited to a company outing that my sister works for and every year they bring santa to give presents to the kiddies and I take photos for the parents.
12-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #2074
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First one with DA *55, second with DA * 16-50...

12-15-2013, 11:10 PM   #2075

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
First one with DA *55, second with DA * 16-50...

For whatever reason, every time I check the DA* thread and I see some pictures, before I even look at the username I know they are yours Rondec. For whatever reason you just have this very identifiable and consistent post production/color rendition :P I really like the second one.
12-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #2076
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
These are my first few days playing around with the early X-mas present my partner got me. I had wanted the 60-250 for several years, but was constantly distracted by the Limiteds.

Bear in mind, birding is not my forte.

and I have intense fear of squirrels.
12-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #2077
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRHPhoto Quote
For whatever reason, every time I check the DA* thread and I see some pictures, before I even look at the username I know they are yours Rondec. For whatever reason you just have this very identifiable and consistent post production/color rendition :P I really like the second one.
Thanks. I guess I use a pretty similar process for sharpening/post processing. Also, I just have to deal with the country side around here, which certainly isn't as beautiful or, majestic as some places.

12-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #2078

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Thanks. I guess I use a pretty similar process for sharpening/post processing. Also, I just have to deal with the country side around here, which certainly isn't as beautiful or, majestic as some places.
I don't know if I can tangibly describe it. There's just something about the color of the light, maybe the white balance, some saturation tweaks or something but they all come out very consistent and very good :P
12-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #2079
Veteran Member

So… does anyone know how much it costs to repair a 50-135 after dropping it?

From about waist level, straight down onto the front of the hood. Wasn't on the camera at the time. BW filter snapped and is distorted enough I can't get it off, and I think one of the elements inside the lens is loose… instead of getting blurry, things seemed to stretch out when I tried taking a photo.

All that because I decided at the last minute to switch to a wider lens while photographing a Zumba class for my neighborhood association. I couldn't even yell and swear because there were kids in the room.
12-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #2080
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
So… does anyone know how much it costs to repair a 50-135 after dropping it?
All you can do is send it to CRIS - they will give you an estimate before any repair:

https://www.criscam.com/
12-17-2013, 09:32 AM - 2 Likes   #2081
Veteran Member

A few more to share, all with 16-50, some are HDR

Had to stamp out some flare on this shot,

Last edited by ruggiex; 12-17-2013 at 09:57 AM.
12-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #2082
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
All you can do is send it to CRIS - they will give you an estimate before any repair:

https://www.criscam.com/
I emailed Eric from pentaxs.com - he said he could do it for less than 300.
12-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #2083
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote

Really like this one. Might be better if you reduced the 'structure' on the frontmost bits of pavement/leaves, it's a touch distracting, but it works through the rest of the image. I know the Nik software can do that, not sure about other programs. Could never figure out how to do it in photomatix.

Last edited by narual; 12-17-2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: how, not who.
12-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #2084
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Really like this one. Might be better if you reduced the 'structure' on the frontmost bits of pavement/leaves, it's a touch distracting, but it works through the rest of the image. I know the Nik software can do that, not sure about other programs. Could never figure out how to do it in photomatix.
Thanks for the feedback! By structure do you mean that it's too sharp that it's distracting or seems a bit too contrasty?
12-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #2085
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
Thanks for the feedback! By structure do you mean that it's too sharp that it's distracting or seems a bit too contrasty?
I think structure is called micro-contrast in some editors and 'detail enhancer' in others. It's probably enhancing the statues and the leaves on the trees nicely, but at the same time, it's making the foreground pavement so detailed that (to me, at least) it's distracting from the rest of the image. It's a photo that feels like it should draw the eye from bottom to center/top, but my eyes get caught on the way. You could probably use the graduated filter tool in lightroom a small reduction to the clarity setting on the bottom 1/4 of the image and reduce/remove the issue.

This is of course wholly my opinion and others will likely disagree, etc, etc, etc.