Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #1696
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by Ivor K Ecks Quote
Has anyone seen the latest 2 reviews in the lens review section for the 10-20 f4-5.6 EX Dc
2 new forum members, posting on the same day, one claimed he paid $80 and rated it as a 2, the 2nd claimed he paid $75 and rated it 1
Smells fishy to me.
probably some defective copies. besides, who would sell a $400 lens for $80? that's a redflag to begin with.

08-25-2011, 08:06 AM - 1 Like   #1697
Senior Member
Trig's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Acushnet, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 211
This lens rarely left my K-5 during our New Hampshire vacation this past weekend:








08-25-2011, 11:03 AM - 1 Like   #1698
Veteran Member
Designosophy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northeast Philadelphia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,132
QuoteOriginally posted by Ivor K Ecks Quote
Has anyone seen the latest 2 reviews in the lens review section for the 10-20 f4-5.6 EX Dc
2 new forum members, posting on the same day, one claimed he paid $80 and rated it as a 2, the 2nd claimed he paid $75 and rated it 1
Smells fishy to me.
That's silly. I read the reviews, and it sounds like these two reviews are either completely bogus or defective copies. And color that's not pleasing? This lens produces superb color. I wish there were a way to flag reviews as trolls.

Here are two 100% crops to show that this lens can produce sharp images. The first is at 10mm and the second at 20mm. Both at f/6.3.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Designosophy; 08-25-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo
08-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #1699
Veteran Member
Pentaxor's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,513
QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
That's silly. I read the reviews, and it sounds like these two reviews are either completely bogus or defective copies. And color that's not pleasing? This lens produces superb color. I wish there were a way to flag reviews as trolls.

Here are two 100% crops to show that this lens can produce sharp images. The first is at 10mm and the second at 20mm. Both at f/6.3.
I think the reviews got removed or pulled out.

08-25-2011, 03:31 PM   #1700
JHD
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,406
QuoteOriginally posted by Trig Quote
This lens rarely left my K-5 during our New Hampshire vacation this past weekend:








Wow Trig - those are amazing!
08-26-2011, 06:55 AM - 4 Likes   #1701
Senior Member
Falke's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern NSW Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 186
Hello fellow 10-20 users.

Here is another 10mm shot from my travels in May during a 19 hours stop-over in Kuala Lumpur.

Cloud Catcher:

K-x, ISO100, sigma 10-20 @ f/8, 1/60s
08-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #1702
Veteran Member
Jewelltrail's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,180
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Falke Quote
Hello fellow 10-20 users.

Here is another 10mm shot from my travels in May during a 19 hours stop-over in Kuala Lumpur.

Cloud Catcher:

K-x, ISO100, sigma 10-20 @ f/8, 1/60s
Amazing shot! Love the sheen of the light off the structures.

JT
08-27-2011, 02:59 PM - 2 Likes   #1703
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dayton, OH
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,437
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Amazing shot! Love the sheen of the light off the structures.

JT
I could not agree more.


Here are a couple from this morning.

@ 10mm



@ 15mm



Tim


Last edited by atupdate; 08-27-2011 at 03:36 PM.
08-27-2011, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #1704
JHD
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,406
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
I could not agree more.


Here are a couple from this morning.

@ 10mm



@ 15mm



Tim
That first one is a stunner!
08-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #1705
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Damian's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 269
Here's a shot from a burnt out old historic building I'm in the process or restoring.

Name:  IMGP3664 copy.jpg
Views: 1930
Size:  86.0 KB

As you can tell, we are in the very early stages in the process of restoring it.
08-29-2011, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #1706
BO.
New Member
BO.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Astrakhan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14
Отражение.
первые выстрелы 10-20/3.5 с поляризованным фильтром.
Я только учусь,жду критики.
Астрахань. река Волга.


Name:  _IGP0201_web.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  285.3 KB
08-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #1707
Veteran Member
Designosophy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northeast Philadelphia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,132
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
I could not agree more.


Here are a couple from this morning.

@ 10mm



@ 15mm



Tim
Great action shots!

QuoteOriginally posted by Damian Quote
Here's a shot from a burnt out old historic building I'm in the process or restoring.

Attachment 101765

As you can tell, we are in the very early stages in the process of restoring it.
I'd like to see some more shots of this structure.
08-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #1708
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Damian's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 269
QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
I'd like to see some more shots of this structure.
Go over to the Sigma Lens Club, page 20. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/94597-sigma-lens-club-all-lenses-20.html
I posted some more on that thread. I was using my 17-70 so I couldn't post them here. I'll see if I have any other good ones with the 10-20 for posting on this thread though.
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #1709
Senior Member
Trig's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Acushnet, MA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 211
So many spectacular shots here. I am enjoying them all.

Today I ordered a Sigma 8-16mm. I want just a few more degrees of field of vision. Really need it for some architecture coming up. I cannot afford to have the 10-20mm as well so I'll be selling it soon. Shold have my 8-16mm tomorrow! Sweet!

For now, here is another from vacation a few weeks ago at:
Camera Pentax K-5
Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture f/4.0
Focal Length 10 mm
ISO Speed 100

08-30-2011, 05:59 AM   #1710
Veteran Member
Designosophy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northeast Philadelphia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,132
QuoteOriginally posted by Trig Quote
Today I ordered a Sigma 8-16mm.
Congrats! I wouldn't mind having the 8-16 myself.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
15mm, boat, business, couple of weeks, daughter, district, falling, flickr, hour, iso, k3, k5iis, lens, night, night shot, pentax lens, person, photography, photos, post, ps, rendezvous, shot, shots, sigma 10-20mm, size, trip, version, water
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SIGMA 8-16mm CLUB ManhattanProject Lens Clubs 815 10-30-2018 04:56 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax AF-540FGZ Flash, Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6, Sigma 170-500mm F5-6.3 davebest Sold Items 12 06-25-2009 02:48 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax Lens Blowout; 50mm 1.4, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 400mm, etc. nufenstein Sold Items 13 03-30-2009 12:00 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:54 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top