Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #1726
Banned




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 321
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
It seems like each time I return to this thread I find the bar raised again--it is simply amazing what you guys are doing with this glass.

Dr. Romix, what can I say, just lovely photography. The most recent one of the Trevi Fountain is splendid. The lighting on the Colosseum shot is gorgeous! I see why they call you the Dr.
Thanks for your kind comment. I'm actually a physician and photography is one of my hobbies. I'm trying to learn from you guys who are lot more advance than me and educate myself so I enjoy this hobby lot more.

09-03-2011, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #1727
Banned




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 321
Love the grainy B&W look K-7creates.. ISO 1600 reminds me of old film camera.
09-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #1728
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Damian's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 269
QuoteOriginally posted by dr_romix Quote
Thanks for your kind comment. I'm actually a physician and photography is one of my hobbies. I'm trying to learn from you guys who are lot more advance than me and educate myself so I enjoy this hobby lot more.
Please don't take this the wrong way, I love the pictures you've taken. They are very well composed and are of beautiful subjects. But if you are trying to get better, I have a little constructive criticism for you. Find a good graduated neutral density filter and use it to darken the sky in situations like the two Grand Hotel pics from Florence and the one from the Florence rooftop. The two from the hotel are a little dark in the foreground, but the sky is perfect. The one from the rooftop, the sky is over exposed and the foreground is perfect. Using a graduated neutral density filter with the dark side up will help even out the exposure issue between the sky and ground. You can also tweek the exposure issue in post processing after the fact, but many find it easier to use the filter. Again, just a pointer. I love what you are doing and I can't wait to see more.
09-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #1729
Banned




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 321
QuoteOriginally posted by Damian Quote
Please don't take this the wrong way, I love the pictures you've taken. They are very well composed and are of beautiful subjects. But if you are trying to get better, I have a little constructive criticism for you. Find a good graduated neutral density filter and use it to darken the sky in situations like the two Grand Hotel pics from Florence and the one from the Florence rooftop. The two from the hotel are a little dark in the foreground, but the sky is perfect. The one from the rooftop, the sky is over exposed and the foreground is perfect. Using a graduated neutral density filter with the dark side up will help even out the exposure issue between the sky and ground. You can also tweek the exposure issue in post processing after the fact, but many find it easier to use the filter. Again, just a pointer. I love what you are doing and I can't wait to see more.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll work on it. I'm trying to learn more of CS5 for PP but I like natural colors more than PP. I will look into that filter for sure.


Last edited by dr_romix; 09-03-2011 at 09:27 AM.
09-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #1730
Banned




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 321
some photos with my Sigma 17-70 on page 20,21.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/lens-clubs/94597-sigma-lens-club-all-lenses-20.html
09-04-2011, 06:33 AM   #1731
New Member
maxpiz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Roma
Posts: 16
Thanks for your shots!
09-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #1732
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Slowak Republik, Bratislava
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 18
[langtitle=sk]Na vylete v Prahe zo Sigma 10-20[/langtitle]

Rím je krásne mesto ale aj Praha má nádherné čaro. Fotky sú upravené cez IR filter v K 5 a doladené v PC
Attached Images
       
09-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #1733
Banned




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh,PA
Posts: 321
great pictures.

09-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #1734
Veteran Member
riff's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,408
Rocky Point Sun

Greeting everyone, I'm very excited and pleased to "join the club". There are so many wonderful images in this thread. Thank you all for the inspiration and for showing what's possible.

Here's one from my first outing with the Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6. This is about 2 hours before sunset, pretty wild sky for that time of day.
Attached Images
 
09-04-2011, 12:42 PM - 2 Likes   #1735
Veteran Member
riff's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,408
Big yellow chew

And another from yesterday, my second outing with the 10-20. I like this lens!
Attached Images
 
09-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #1736
Pentaxian
Designosophy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Northeast Philadelphia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,132
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
And another from yesterday, my second outing with the 10-20. I like this lens!
That's a beautiful shot.
09-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #1737
Veteran Member
riff's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,408
Thanks

QuoteOriginally posted by Designosophy Quote
That's a beautiful shot.
Designosophy, thanks for your generous comment. I've enjoyed may of your images too.
JHD, Thanks so much for the like and your generous comment.

A little praise goes a long way at this stage.

Forgot to mention the body is a K-5. This is my first DSLR and I've had it since early July. I'm sure having fun with the k-5 & 10-20. Light goes in, magic comes out.

Regards
09-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #1738
Veteran Member
riff's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,408
New Moon Shroom

Playing around with the Sig 10-20. The other end, 20mm F8.
Attached Images
 
09-05-2011, 11:47 AM - 1 Like   #1739
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 13,451
Moonrise

Here's one playing with b/w:

09-05-2011, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #1740
Insanely humble
Loyal Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 13,451
Sunset

...and another one.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
15mm, boat, business, couple of weeks, daughter, district, falling, flickr, hour, iso, k3, k5iis, lens, night, night shot, pentax lens, person, photography, photos, post, ps, rendezvous, shot, shots, sigma 10-20mm, size, trip, version, water
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SIGMA 8-16mm CLUB ManhattanProject Lens Clubs 815 10-30-2018 04:56 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax AF-540FGZ Flash, Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6, Sigma 170-500mm F5-6.3 davebest Sold Items 12 06-25-2009 02:48 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax Lens Blowout; 50mm 1.4, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 400mm, etc. nufenstein Sold Items 13 03-30-2009 12:00 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:23 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top