Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

03-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #377
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
philbaum: Jewelltrail,
After seeing your awesome series on the DA-15, its a treat to hear your comments on pics, much appreciated. Guess i'll have to break down and get a linear polarizer. (i just hate carrying them around, etc. We have so many overcast days where i live, polarizers don't stay on for long :-(
Phil, I have no idea what you are talking about re the Da 15. What series--I do not own a da 15???

Your shots look great without a polarizer--my comment was just referring to the fact that pic 3 clearly told us you did not have a polarizer on the lens with the reflection in the glass.
03-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #378
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Jarvier:

Thank you for taking the time to get these to us--much appreciated. I think the hat on the woman's head in your last pic speaks volume.
03-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #379
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Phil, I have no idea what you are talking about re the Da 15. What series--I do not own a da 15???

Your shots look great without a polarizer--my comment was just referring to the fact that pic 3 clearly told us you did not have a polarizer on the lens with the reflection in the glass.
Jeweltrail - sorry, me bad. I got you confused with jsherman - too many talented photographers on this board :-)

Thanks for the clarification on the polarizer comment. I hadn't thought about the reflection - that would help. But a polarizer would also eliminate some of the attractive light reflections off some of the waves. I also tried to do a smooth water picture of waves on a shore many months ago and only figured out later that the polarizer i had installed to increase the exposure time, had eliminated some of the white reflections in the wave.

pro and cons to everything i guess.

03-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #380
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Thank you very much!...
I also want to say that I have been going to these anti war, Anti Government rallys for some 3 years now....And in truth, some of these people are quacks and as loony as they come, while others are as passive as doves...But they all have one thing in common....It is time to bring home the troops and I am one of them...Enough is enough...We need to get out of those wars now.......My concern is for the troops..If politicians want to fight and war, put THEM in the octagon or give them the guns, but bring home our soldiers NOW.....sorry for the rant, I am just sick of seeing and hearing these politicians playing with peoples lives as if they where toys bought at Target....END OF RANT....
Javier, Loved your next picture as well. I'm very serious about you sending your pics to HuffingtonPost. If both Republican and Democratic congress critters think these wars are so necessary, why don't they have their own children signing up to fight. With the exception of Biden, very few if any other congress critters have children in this war. The cliche of old men sending young people to fight is still operative. I suspect that the reasons we are fighting these 2 wars 9 years later is a combination of oil profits and war profiteering. I have a nephew who was in the Army Rangers, he was going to reenlist and i've very proud to this day that i talked him out of reenlisting. If the war is not good enough for congressional relatives, its not good enough for my relatives either. - end of rant.
03-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #381
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I borrowed a fellow pentaxians 10-20 today. Found a freaky abandoned house and got what I think are some great shots. I'm going to have to get one for myself.

03-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #382
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Vaughn A: I borrowed a fellow pentaxians 10-20 today. Found a freaky abandoned house and got what I think are some great shots. I'm going to have to get one for myself.
Yes, excellent shots.

Here is one @ 13mm

03-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #383
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
Javier, Loved your next picture as well. I'm very serious about you sending your pics to HuffingtonPost. If both Republican and Democratic congress critters think these wars are so necessary, why don't they have their own children signing up to fight. With the exception of Biden, very few if any other congress critters have children in this war. The cliche of old men sending young people to fight is still operative. I suspect that the reasons we are fighting these 2 wars 9 years later is a combination of oil profits and war profiteering. I have a nephew who was in the Army Rangers, he was going to reenlist and i've very proud to this day that i talked him out of reenlisting. If the war is not good enough for congressional relatives, its not good enough for my relatives either. - end of rant.
Thank you very much Phil...So while many of these politicians are caught in there very hypocritical lives, the troops keep dying.. My Way News - US troop deaths double in Afghanistan

03-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #384
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Thank you very much Phil...So while many of these politicians are caught in there very hypocritical lives, the troops keep dying.. My Way News - US troop deaths double in Afghanistan

I'm against the war myself, but hate those radical talibans as well. so if I were to say it, pull out the troops and just drop an A-bomb on those A-Holes.
03-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #385
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Pentaxor: I'm against the war myself, but hate those radical talibans as well. so if I were to say it, pull out the troops and just drop an A-bomb on those A-Holes.
If only it were as simple as you make it sound.
03-28-2010, 07:54 PM   #386
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
VaughnA: I borrowed a fellow pentaxians 10-20 today. Found a freaky abandoned house and got what I think are some great shots. I'm going to have to get one for myself.
I like that 4th shot, a lot.
03-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #387
Veteran Member

If only it were as simple as you make it sound.
that's the thing, people nowadays just want to complicate matters. human rights activists for instance have also a misguided sense of ideology. the notion of human rights between 2 opposing sides does not exist especially if the other has a radical belief which does not respect the definition of it, but used the ideology of human rights inorder to gain an advantage. it is just the way things are. the problem is, some people have this false belief that a war should be humane as possible. and as far as history is concerned, there was never a war that is humane.whether we like it or not, people are watching, and it's a matter of closing one eye/ear to what the other party say. I would had to agree to what Teddy Roosevelt's sayin. necessary evil.
03-29-2010, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #388
PFH
Veteran Member

Under the bridge.

03-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #389
Veteran Member

Original Poster
PFH: Under the bridge.

Great shot!
03-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #390
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PFH: Under the bridge.

Great shot!
I have to say I'm sorry but I'll go against this.
At first I thought it's great as I love the colours and the framing, but on second thought it's way overprocessed for my taste...

so yeah, in my eyes not great but still good