Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1818 Likes Search this Thread
05-04-2010, 07:35 AM   #511
Pentaxian

sigma 10-20

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

btw I will use this lens together with my k-x, do you find any issues regarding this body + lens combination? Thanks in advance and keep those great images coming!

05-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #512
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Wed7: sigma 10-20
btw I will use this lens together with my k-x, do you find any issues regarding this body + lens combination?
Yes, there is a serious issue regarding the combo and I hate to be the one to break this to you. It is highly possible the Sigma lens will become permanently stuck on the K-x body, since you will so much love the music they make together. Best of luck to you & Happy Shooting!
05-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #513

Too Funny!

Well said Jeweltrail, its my favorite lens because it captures more of what I see with my eyes.......many times I've cursed a 50mm because I couldn't get everything in the frame! You can only walk back so far!!!!!!!
05-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #514
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
btw I will use this lens together with my k-x, do you find any issues regarding this body + lens combination? Thanks in advance and keep those great images coming!
Apart from the problems noted above, there shouldn't be much of a problem. ; )
Won't make a very compact package, but it should have good 'balance', as the lens is relatively light and quite short.
Just watch out for the AF "issue", it isn't easy to judge sharpness from ultra-wides in the viewfinder, but very easy on-screen. Aiming for a fairly large object with high contrast should do the trick, though mine is usually set at ~10 foot/3 meters.

05-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #515
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KjetilH Quote
Apart from the problems noted above, there shouldn't be much of a problem. ; )
Won't make a very compact package, but it should have good 'balance', as the lens is relatively light and quite short.
Just watch out for the AF "issue", it isn't easy to judge sharpness from ultra-wides in the viewfinder, but very easy on-screen. Aiming for a fairly large object with high contrast should do the trick, though mine is usually set at ~10 foot/3 meters.
AF issue? What AF?!?
@10mm MF = 1m.. f stop =f5.6 and up... happy shooting...
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #516
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
The only problem I encountered so far using my K-x + this lens is you need to find a bigger bag to carrry the combo
05-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #517

I just got my 10-20mm and i'm waiting to use it. What Linear PL would you recommend for it? I've been looking on ebay and some prices ranging from $25 to $200.

Thanks,

Daniel

05-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #518
Veteran Member

I seem to be determined to try out every UWA lens for Pentax. As long as I keep selling one to buy the next, I'm not losing out, at least I got my new 10-20 today in the mail, and despite the typically dreary Seattle weather, had to take it out right away! I'm pretty impressed with my copy - it could be sharper (I've seen sharper photos from 10-20s here, so I may look into having mine adjusted) but it's taking such lovely photos I can't complain

Second week of the local farmer's market. All of these have been hit with a neutral density gradient filter to compensate for the white-out skies we get this time of year, and many of these are color treated because I may have to live in a gray climate, but my photos don't have to remind me of it quite so much :P I can already see that I'm going to have to get a polarizer as many of you have done. How cheap of a Linear Polarizer can I get and still have a decent one?
ETA: I see this question is already on the table :P

The local music:

And many local goodies:

05-05-2010, 06:40 PM   #519
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
AF issue? What AF?!?
Exactly right!
05-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #520
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Yes, there is a serious issue regarding the combo and I hate to be the one to break this to you. It is highly possible the Sigma lens will become permanently stuck on the K-x body, since you will so much love the music they make together. Best of luck to you & Happy Shooting!
rofl!!! Oh dear, this could be bad.....
05-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #521
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
dsauna: I just got my 10-20mm and i'm waiting to use it. What Linear PL would you recommend for it? I've been looking on ebay and some prices ranging from $25 to $200.

Thanks,

Daniel
Well, the one I bought is a B & W F-Pro. I forget what I paid for it, but think it came in under $80 us. I am delighted with it.
05-06-2010, 02:10 AM   #522

Top shots!
05-06-2010, 05:14 AM   #523
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
AF issue? What AF?!?
Haha, I know. I was referring to my suggestion in my last post as to why the lens seemed soft. I put "issue" in quotation marks due to MF being easier anyway.
05-06-2010, 06:27 PM   #524
Forum Member

05-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #525
Veteran Member

Okay, wanted to see what the 10-20 could do with, you know, actual sun, cause I've seen some gorgeous work in this thread. The lens did not disappoint

Out at the Lake Washington with my younger son:

And how about sharp, saturated occasional flower photos? Excellent *hand rubbing*

For those in the thread searching for polarizing filters of good quality for more affordable prices, I found these 77mm Marumi DHG CPL filters on ebay for $57 and change. A very well reviewed CPL for a very reasonable price