Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2011, 11:41 AM   #1591
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by calicojack Quote
I find it's sometimes hard to hold the camera level and square enough to avoid odd angles.
That too. I use the horizontal level in the K-5 a good bit, but I haven't made use of the vertical level yet. Unless the perspective is straight-on, nothing is parallel.

07-20-2011, 07:43 PM - 2 Likes   #1592

Photos: Gallery
I just picked up the 10-20 last week. I love this lens!

07-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #1593
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rob1234 Quote
Many thanks for everyone's comments. Yep, had a dirty sensor for the whole trip, I never got round to PP-ing them out...

Here's a crop (about a 40mm (APS-C) FOV I'd guess). The old K100DS still makes some good pics!
Very nice!
QuoteQuote:
markdesmarais Not half bad for fireworks either- especially when you are right under them! (10mm).
Excellent firework shot.
07-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #1594
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rosserx Quote
It's a lot of fun. It's even fun to shoot video with.

07-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #1595
Veteran Member

I like the people shots, the second one especially. And it's fun for cemeteries:

07-21-2011, 04:17 PM - 4 Likes   #1596

Here is my lastest:
Single RAW shot with Lee soft grad ND 0.9 filter.
Sigma 10 - 20 @ 10mm
ISO 100
f/18
2s

The tide came up pretty fast during that shoot. First up I was shooting channels in the tidal flats further to the left and from there I saw this stump mostly out of water. I already knew that I will make my way to there. Once I got there the water was up by nearly a foot, much too my advantage I think. But I guess it is debatable whether the stump would have looked better if it was not covered as much by the water. Nevertheless, I am stoked. I love the filter and because of it I did not need to bracket exposures and blend them in photoshop, even though I don't spend (waste) too much time blending a shot. It gives however a greater feeling of satisfaction, having achieved this in camera. Minor adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw.

Last edited by Falke; 07-21-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling
07-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #1597
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Falke Quote
Here is my lastest: <snip> The tide came up pretty fast during that shoot. First up I was shooting channels in the tidal flats further to the left and from there I saw this stump mostly out of water. I already knew that I will make my way to there. Once I got there the water was up by nearly a foot, much too my advantage I think. But I guess it is debatable whether the stump would have looked better if it was not covered as much by the water. Nevertheless, I am stoked. I love the filter and because of it I did not need to bracket exposures and blend them in photoshop, even though I don't spend (waste) too much time blending a shot. It gives however a greater feeling of satisfaction, having achieved this in camera. Minor adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw.
BEAUTIFUL! I am of the belief that it would look even better with more stump exposed, but that's the nature of the beast.

07-21-2011, 07:10 PM   #1598
A-z
Forum Member

nice shots - like the editing!

@FALKE - Wow, this really shows what I'm missing with my 12-24! Even on a quite featureless horizon the width is evident. . . Great shot
07-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #1599
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here is my lastest:
Sigma 10 - 20 @ 10mm
ISO 100
f/18
2s

The tide came up pretty fast during that shoot. First up I was shooting channels in the tidal flats further to the left and from there I saw this stump mostly out of water. I already knew that I will make my way to there. Once I got there the water was up by nearly a foot, much too my advantage I think. But I guess it is debatable whether the stump would have looked better if it was not covered as much by the water. Nevertheless, I am stoked. I love the filter and because of it I did not need to bracket exposures and blend them in photoshop, even though I don't spend (waste) too much time blending a shot. It gives however a greater feeling of satisfaction, having achieved this in camera. Minor adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw.
Apocalyptically awesome!
07-21-2011, 10:48 PM   #1600
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here is my lastest:
Sigma 10 - 20 @ 10mm
ISO 100
f/18
2s

Ravishingly lovely!
07-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #1601

thanks calicojack. I think because the red sky and its reflection is (are) the main feature, much more of the stump would have interfered with its integrity.

thanks A-z. You are right, there is a fair bit more width in the extra 2 mm. I have to congratulate you on the quality of the fashion shots that you are achieving with your 12-24.

Thanks Jewelltrail
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Apocalyptically awesome
, I am sure this is the best compliment I got so far.

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Ravishingly lovely!
Thanks jva59

Last edited by Falke; 07-21-2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: added another thank you
07-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #1602
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, that's a beautiful shot Falke. It needs to be printed large and put on a wall.
07-22-2011, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #1603

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Wow, that's a beautiful shot Falke. It needs to be printed large and put on a wall.
Thanks Steve.

Allow me to show off another one. This one was shot in June whilst on my Europe trip:

"Celtic Origins" - here the Sigma's 20mm end was utilised

Last edited by Falke; 07-23-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: image added
07-24-2011, 02:39 AM   #1604
Inactive Account

Damn you guys! This is going to make it hard for me to get the Tamron 10-24...
07-25-2011, 04:48 AM   #1605

Love the cemetery shots.. my friends very unhappy when I use 10mm to take their pics

Here is my lastest:
Sigma 10 - 20 @ 10mm
ISO 100
f/18
2s

Woww. the sky is fantastic, you and lee soft GND did a very good job here.