Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #3646
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots everyone! Mark and abacus, especially love your sets.

Here are a few from Banff National Park this past August. First is an 8 exposure composite from Lake Louise. Rest are single exposures from Moraine Lake.

-Brandon

01-31-2012, 10:33 PM   #3647
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
wow, exquisite!!
01-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #3648

Photos: Albums
Amazing shots! I've always wanted to spend some time in Banff but the nearest I've been was a week in Mt. Assiniboine (long before I got into taking pictures). That whole section of the Rockies is incredible... congratulations on such beautiful photos.
01-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #3649
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bpv_UW Quote

Here are a few from Banff National Park this past August. First is an 8 exposure composite from Lake Louise. Rest are single exposures from Moraine Lake.

-Brandon
Excellent images, especially the first one! I like the second composition better in color, for sure.

02-01-2012, 05:49 AM   #3650
Veteran Member

Superb shots from the Lake - not often I'm jealous of someone elses location but I am now.
02-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #3651
Veteran Member

Agree w/the other comments - beautiful images! My 15mm arrived yesterday! It is on the camera; now I just need an oppt to get outside and play around. Hopefully I'll have a few pics to post by the end of the week.
02-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #3652
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mark lj Quote
Superb shots from the Lake - not often I'm jealous of someone elses location but I am now.
I kind of feel the same way!
The first is my favorite.

02-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #3653

Photos: Gallery | Albums

-Brandon
Banff National Park is located in my province. I've often said that I think Lake Louise is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. These photos demonstrate that opinion quite nicely.

Great job!
02-01-2012, 07:30 PM - 1 Like   #3654
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
wow, exquisite!!
QuoteOriginally posted by bhonsberger Quote
Amazing shots! I've always wanted to spend some time in Banff but the nearest I've been was a week in Mt. Assiniboine (long before I got into taking pictures). That whole section of the Rockies is incredible... congratulations on such beautiful photos.
QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
Excellent images, especially the first one! I like the second composition better in color, for sure.
QuoteOriginally posted by mark lj Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by AlphaGAK20D Quote
Agree w/the other comments - beautiful images! My 15mm arrived yesterday! It is on the camera; now I just need an oppt to get outside and play around. Hopefully I'll have a few pics to post by the end of the week.
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I kind of feel the same way!
The first is my favorite.
QuoteOriginally posted by iocchelli Quote
Banff National Park is located in my province. I've often said that I think Lake Louise is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. These photos demonstrate that opinion quite nicely.

Great job!
Thanks very much everyone! The Canadian Rockies are amazing; probably the most beautiful place I've ever been.

-Brandon
02-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #3655

Hi Brandon,

Loving your work there matey!

Brought back mixed emotions for me, as I actually went down on one knee up a mountain over-looking Lake Louise about 15yrs ago. My future wife and I were on a two week skiing holiday at the time and she didn't have a clue!

Sadly the marriage didn't workout, but I still have very happy memories of our time there, it will always have a special place in my heart.

Thanks for the memories.

Darreyl. (UK)

P.S. My 15mm should be here for weekend...Yippee!
02-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #3656
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Darreyl,

You're welcome. Enjoy your new 15!

Brandon

QuoteOriginally posted by Oneclickwonder Quote
Thanks for the memories.

Darreyl. (UK)

P.S. My 15mm should be here for weekend...Yippee!
02-01-2012, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #3657
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

From my evening ski tonight

02-02-2012, 12:46 AM   #3658
JHD
Veteran Member

Outstanding, this confirms the trip to Jasper and Banff planned for the spring. Quite surprised by the amount of CA in the first picture.
02-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #3659

Some stellar work on the last several pages!

Here's a couple more from the same shoot as the last one.

Last edited by privateryan; 02-02-2012 at 05:51 PM.
02-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #3660
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
Quite surprised by the amount of CA in the first picture.
I've been surprised at times with the CA from the 15 as well. More than I expected. I haven't done anything to correct for it in post; I'm guessing at least some of it could be dealt with. In any case, it's annoying at times, but hasn't been a deal-breaker.