Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13859 Likes Search this Thread
05-31-2010, 11:52 AM   #526
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Great shot! I took a quick run through your blog and really enjoyed it. You capture Seattle very well.
Thank you, Tom I had a lot of fun with that shot I've been blogging for years, but the photography blog is new, so I'm just getting up to speed on it. Great to hear it's fun to read & see the pics!

QuoteQuote:
My older son and I were in Seattle yesterday (from Wenatchee) as I have extended my visit for 2-3 more weeks and decided to return my rental car that I didn't need to Sea-Tac, plus he wanted to do some shopping at REI (seems to be a ritual when I visit) and then up to Broadway for Thai food. Lovely drizzly day to be out and about in Seattle.
REI is more than shopping, it's like going to the PNW amusement park, isn't it? Crazy elaborate store they've got going there. And drizzly. It's been drizzling and outright raining for almost 2 weeks now. I've lived in this area decades and I still get very grumpy that our sunny April/May turns into 4 weeks of rain in June EVERY. YEAR. My bicycle and my camera call to me! What brings you to the PNW? Aside from the rain, I mean?

And now another DA15 shot of a weird bit of Seattle architecture:

05-31-2010, 01:27 PM   #527
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xhanatos Quote
i've got waaay too many photos taken with the da15.

WOW! In fact, I think I've seen these before - when were they taken, and did you post them on dpreview? These look very familiar, and it's either these exact photos or some other very, very similar shots from the same location(s) that played a big part of my decision to get the DA 15. So congrats (if it was you, and I think it was.)

The three above are my favorite from a flawless series, thanks for posting.

05-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #528
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ecaterin Quote
Took the DA15 out on the town today and put up most of the pics I took in the B&W thread, but this color treatment couldn't go play there, so it'll have to come play here

Love that shot, Ecaterin.

05-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #529
Veteran Member

thank you for your compliments

I so very much second this request! Zombie walk + DA15 = hilariously awesome!
I'll add the zombie shots later today.. I set them all to private on my flickr stream so i have to finagle with the settings.

QuoteOriginally posted by JayR Quote
i recognise a lot of the shots here from melbourne and sydney but is this one from Adelaide? I swear thats the Adelaide town hall building... though i do know there are plenty of 'identical' buildings between the older oz cities.
you have an excellent eye Jay, it is indeed the Adelaide town hall!

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
WOW! In fact, I think I've seen these before - when were they taken, and did you post them on dpreview?
I'm sure i spammed several of my da15 photos both here and on dpreview. I was pimping the lens out

05-31-2010, 05:17 PM   #530
Veteran Member

Great to see so many new members in the club! Here's a shot from yesterday - it's the drummer's 80th birthday party. I worked with him for years at a local jazz club but inexplicably can find no pictures of him from that time. I took this from practically within his drum set (it was a party, not a gig, so I didn't feel so self-conscious about this). I ended up cropping a couple of stands out of the picture, so the FOV is probably closer to that of 18-20mm.

K200D, DA15, f/4, 1/45", ISO 1600
05-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #531
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Love that shot, Ecaterin.
Thank you so much, Jsherman! *bows*

Today I set about proving to myself that the 15 can take great flower shots. These were the two best of the batch

(a question for you guys - if I just use the standard embed image tags, my images are being enlarged and look crappy, so I've been using the imgwide tags to mitigate that (so first they're shrink-ed then they're enlarged :P). Anyone know how I can embed images at their proper size?)
06-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #532
Inactive Account

Amazing series Xhanatos. In particular #1.

06-01-2010, 05:12 AM   #533
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Derridale Quote
@Amaurosis - love that nick!

For those not in the medical field, it may be a bit of a blind spot though ....
Thanks, derridale

Unfortunately, my friend failed to bring me a copy from the USA for a number of reasons. I absolutely have to get it before the summer holidays, though. Again, absolutely amazing work posted in this thread! Xhanatos's little series in particular was truly excellent.

Not even going to mention jsherman, whose photographs never fail to blow my mind. Kudos!
06-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #534
Veteran Member

Ah! I knew I had one more in that flower series - was in a weird place in the folder

06-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #535
Veteran Member

Wow! Ecaterin - outstanding!
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #536

Hi guys,

Anyone has Pentax 15mm limited lens, please help me...

I just bought a complete Lee kit (filter holder + 100x150mm GND filters).

I would like to replace my huge 10-24mm Tamron by a tiny Pentax 15.

The main problem is:
QuoteQuote:
In this view that unique petal-shaped sliding lens hood is shown fully
retracted. However it still protrudes past the filter thread, which may
make use of square filter systems (such as Cokin or Lee) rather
problematic. Unscrewing polarizers can also be quite difficult, as
there's limited space to grip them.

So,

=> Does anyone experienced this problem, and is it possible to remove (or cut) this f...ing petal ?

Thanks
06-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #537
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Derridale Quote
Wow! Ecaterin - outstanding!
Thanks, Pete
06-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #538
Veteran Member

Ah! I knew I had one more in that flower series - was in a weird place in the folder
gotta love how the da15 renders light sources
06-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #539

QuoteOriginally posted by nicosg61 Quote
Hi guys,

Anyone has Pentax 15mm limited lens, please help me...

I just bought a complete Lee kit (filter holder + 100x150mm GND filters).

I would like to replace my huge 10-24mm Tamron by a tiny Pentax 15.

The main problem is:

So,

=> Does anyone experienced this problem, and is it possible to remove (or cut) this f...ing petal ?

Thanks
Get one 49mm sized broken/used/cheapo filter and take the glass out, then try to put the system or try another (watch out for vignetting). Don't destroy the lens, if you ever want to sell it you might regret that.
06-01-2010, 09:18 PM   #540
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by xhanatos Quote
gotta love how the da15 renders light sources
I know it - it was the first thing I saw in this thread way back when that made me go, whoa. Must have that! This was a perfect shot to exploit that characteristic