Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13859 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2014, 03:01 AM   #6766
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by narual Quote
Is that the SMC or the HD? The sunbeams look less defined. Cool shot
Thank you, it is the SMC. I think the sun was mostly behind a cloud and so it didn't produce a nice starburst.

03-30-2014, 08:02 AM   #6767
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

thought i'd drop in some more shots that i finally got around to processing from a couple years ago... All Silver Falls park in Oregon... I had just got DA15 and had the starburst fever

03-30-2014, 12:37 PM - 2 Likes   #6768
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok and a current one... The first one worked up from last night, a 3 shot exposure blend of the Huntington Pier... Unfortunately the sun never came out...
03-31-2014, 12:01 PM - 1 Like   #6769
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful image with the 15.

04-01-2014, 08:59 PM - 1 Like   #6770

Some swirls from my last trip to the mother country (Australia).

I've had my DA15 for more than a year, and only now I finally get around to posting on this mind-bending thread! It's your fault (all of you) for making me buy it in the first place...

04-02-2014, 07:33 PM - 2 Likes   #6771
Veteran Member

Well this may have been my shortest length of time owning a lens, and not because I didn't enjoy it. Truth is I purchased it from another forum goer here at the tale end of a very serious bout of LBA and even though I knew that I was shooting mostly film. So off it just went to another lucky fellow. I imagine I'll pick it up again, but only my film bodies have been leaving with me lately, so it has just financed an A 20mm 2.8

Here's one of the last shots, in memoriam, snapped a short number of evenings ago, late in Victoria B.C.

04-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #6772
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
Well this may have been my shortest length of time owning a lens, and not because I didn't enjoy it. Truth is I purchased it from another forum goer here at the tale end of a very serious bout of LBA and even though I knew that I was shooting mostly film. So off it just went to another lucky fellow. I imagine I'll pick it up again, but only my film bodies have been leaving with me lately, so it has just financed an A 20mm 2.8

Here's one of the last shots, in memoriam, snapped a short number of evenings ago, late in Victoria B.C.
This lens prompted me to find a comparable field of view on film. I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out with the newly acquired K24/3.5 when I get back from a three week work trip.

04-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #6773
Marketplace Reseller

This is the only one lens I want to buy for aps.c body All my other lenses can work on Film Full frame... But this small beauty is really piece of engineering
04-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #6774
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
This lens prompted me to find a comparable field of view on film. I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out with the newly acquired K24/3.5 when I get back from a three week work trip.
I've been eyeing that one as well for precisely the same reason.
04-03-2014, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #6775
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vjacesslav Quote
This is the only one lens I want to buy for aps.c body All my other lenses can work on Film Full frame... But this small beauty is really piece of engineering
I fought buying this lens for a long time because it isn't compatible with full frame or film, but I'm glad I caved in. I really enjoy it.
04-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #6776
Veteran Member

I fought buying this lens for a long time because it isn't compatible with full frame or film, but I'm glad I caved in. I really enjoy it.
If it at least had an aperture ring, I'd probably have kept it just to throw it on for some crazy vignetting now and again.
04-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #6777
Veteran Member

If you shoot APSC a lot then there aren't a lot of options for FF compatible wide angles. The A/K 15mm is just a completely different beast (huge, huge front element, no filter threads) for example.

Unfortunately the sun hit the top of the waterfall but this was quite a find 2 weeks ago.

04-03-2014, 06:18 PM - 2 Likes   #6778
Veteran Member

04-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #6779
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by abacus07 Quote
If you shoot APSC a lot then there aren't a lot of options for FF compatible wide angles. The A/K 15mm is just a completely different beast (huge, huge front element, no filter threads) for example.

Unfortunately the sun hit the top of the waterfall but this was quite a find 2 weeks ago.

I looked at the crop factor making the DA15 a 22.5~23mm lens and I'm hoping the 24 is comparable on my film bodies. I don't know that I'd want to go that wide (A15/3.5) on film, especially with how soft that 15 seems to be across the frame.
04-03-2014, 09:36 PM - 4 Likes   #6780
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Evening ride to the river