Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #7606
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shot, kaizers. I like your PP and don't think the slight halos distract at all.

10-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #7607
Pentaxian

Vote for the DA 15 over the FA 31 ... a "no brainer", n'est-ce pas ?!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/276765-lens...8-limited.html
10-29-2014, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #7608
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks guys (:

Here's one of my favorite from the 15. Once again I'm pushing k01's dynamic range here.

P.S. I know the horizon is a lil bit off so please bear with me here. If I adjust it a lil more my hands will be cut off from the image ):
10-30-2014, 03:43 AM - 1 Like   #7609
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another gloomy day photo...

10-30-2014, 05:18 AM   #7610
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kaiserz Quote
I apologize if I offended you. Why post an image that was PP'ed quickly and carelessly? Is it enough that the reason I posted this image is because I really like it? Although, I didn't have enough time to put into it to painstakingly fix the halos on the tree line I'm content with what I achieved. I'm pretty happy shooting with my DA15 and that is why I posted it here.

Having to work two jobs and studying at the same time is really hard. I would rather use my time shooting vs PPing, but that's just me. This is why I was only able to put about 30 mins on this image. I know I can still fix it, but like I said I'm pretty happy with the outcome. I'm showcasing what the DA15 can do and not what I can do.

Cheers and good day to you sir.
Hello,

Your shoots are interresting ! Still I understand the remark on it. For the shoot with the guitar, I only see that the main subject (the girl + guitar) has an allow arround it. It look to me like if it was photoshopped. It is in fact an HDR halo due to the HDR algorithm if I understand it well. This prevent me to appreciate to it.

I'am sorry for that but I'am not complaining. If the photo please you, it is nice ! But that one of the biggest problem I have with HDR/dynamic range and the problem many pro have with it. It is really difficult to really get that dynamic range in a way that look natural. Some pro spend hours to achieve that, typically by merging the HDR shoot with normal shoot, doing it on select part, working on noise and so on...

That a difficult topic.

For the second one, the color, the photo overall is very nice. But then there is the flare artefact just on top of the face of the girl! This is the subject my eyes is attracted to, and I see a blob on it...

I think you are really great possibilities and do interresting stuff, by you'd gain a lot by taking more time to improve this kind of details !

I don't want to offence you, and I think it wasn't the objective of some other. More as a way to progress!
10-30-2014, 07:01 AM   #7611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Another gloomy day photo...

Love your gloomy Fall pictures. Wonderful contrast to sunny Summer pics. Also makes me a bit homesick for the woods and fields of southern Ohio... Looks like a morning outing looking for pheasants or bringing in firewood for the wood stove!

10-30-2014, 07:27 AM - 4 Likes   #7612
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Brooklyn Bridge looking back at Manhattan. Shot with K-01 and 15mm f4.

10-30-2014, 07:41 AM   #7613
Veteran Member

An iconic shot with wonderful star bursts! Well done.
10-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #7614

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Hello,

Your shoots are interresting ! Still I understand the remark on it. For the shoot with the guitar, I only see that the main subject (the girl + guitar) has an allow arround it. It look to me like if it was photoshopped. It is in fact an HDR halo due to the HDR algorithm if I understand it well. This prevent me to appreciate to it.

I'am sorry for that but I'am not complaining. If the photo please you, it is nice ! But that one of the biggest problem I have with HDR/dynamic range and the problem many pro have with it. It is really difficult to really get that dynamic range in a way that look natural. Some pro spend hours to achieve that, typically by merging the HDR shoot with normal shoot, doing it on select part, working on noise and so on...

That a difficult topic.

For the second one, the color, the photo overall is very nice. But then there is the flare artefact just on top of the face of the girl! This is the subject my eyes is attracted to, and I see a blob on it...

I think you are really great possibilities and do interresting stuff, by you'd gain a lot by taking more time to improve this kind of details !

I don't want to offence you, and I think it wasn't the objective of some other. More as a way to progress!
If you can't appreciate a shot due some minor technical defect, that's a shame. Let me guess, pixel peeper?
10-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #7615
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
Love your gloomy Fall pictures. Wonderful contrast to sunny Summer pics. Also makes me a bit homesick for the woods and fields of southern Ohio... Looks like a morning outing looking for pheasants or bringing in firewood for the wood stove!

Thanks. There is definitely beauty in every time of year.
10-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #7616
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
a few from the other day. the last one is heavily cropped

10-30-2014, 01:23 PM   #7617
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jab2980 Quote
If I may be frank with you, why would you post an image here that was PP'ed quickly and carelessly? I'm not attempting to establish what should or should not be posted here, nor am I judging you, I'm just curious as to why.
I think it's an excellent B&W shot. Not perfect, perhaps, but still a fascinating rendition of the subject and the background. This particular thread is not a contest, nor meant to be a tutorial on PP. It's more a "show us what ya got" and "we'll tell you if we like it." I like it - a lot, and think that nitpicking the technical details is way out of place here.

John
10-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #7618
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow kaiserz - I just thought it was a nice shot - sorry if I caused controversy
Robert
10-30-2014, 06:08 PM - 2 Likes   #7619
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here a B&W I took a few days ago
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF