Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13859 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #1456

15mm..so good.

Just got mine today. First Limited and it's so cute! The only thing I've shot is the beer bottle I'm currently drinking out of (the Abyss by Deschutes, best beer ever) and about 40 pics of my neighbors snowy driveway, but I believe I'd be alright paying $500 just to sit and stare at this lens.

I'm headed off to Grand Teton for the weekend and am wondering at what temperature I should begin to worry about this lens. I've drug the k-7 through some pretty nasty stuff but am apprehensive about my newborn baby. It looks like it will be in the 20's(F) during the day.

02-04-2011, 12:25 AM   #1457
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

All you 15-newbies are breaking an unspoken rule, here - you're not supposed to be taking shots this ^^ good right out of the gate. You need to take 500 shots of salt shakers and wall clocks and glassware and your oven and other crap like I did before you post beautiful, interesting and printable shots like the ones I'm seeing above.

Please try to follow the rules next time.
Well jeez, it was your glass that got me wanting a 15 Ltd in the first place! Its all YOUR fault! LOL! Anyhoo, if mine were amongst the ones you were referring to, I thank you. I've been following this thread for ages and couldn't wait to be able to post something I thought worthy.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 02-04-2011 at 12:59 AM.
02-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #1458
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Have any of you got a body just for the DA 15? I am seriously thinking about it.

It does windmills....

02-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #1459
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote
Have any of you got a body just for the DA 15? I am seriously thinking about it.

It does windmills....
Love the windmills and no, no body specifically for the DA15 but I am finding it difficult to remove from my K-r and was thinking about just using my K200 for "everything else"

02-04-2011, 12:53 AM   #1460
Pentaxian

Lake Tahoe Sunset.

02-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #1461
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
The DA15 makes its own rules
Like "Shoot directly into the Sun!"

MZ
02-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #1462
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zorglub Quote

It does windmills....
Torben, it looks like the DA 15 captured your soul over the month of January (or are your other limited lenses feeling neglected and putting this thought in your mind?)

-Joe

02-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #1463
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Torben, it looks like the DA 15 captured your soul over the month of January (or are your other limited lenses feeling neglected and putting this thought in your mind?)

-Joe
Hey Joe! It sure did. I think that the focal length takes some time getting used to. It is like a complex piece of music. At first you can't make heads or tails of it but after the twentieth time it starts to make sense. I think the title of this thread says it all :-). The 21 is still my favourite though for running around the house shooting the family. The best thing about _all_ the DA limited lenses are their size. The worst is: Who gets to be on the camera? *grin*
02-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #1464
Veteran Member

I am feeling incredible lust for a wide angle lens, lately. Right now my kit doesn't go below 28mm, which has been really restrictive, and threads like this are liable to do dangerous things to my paltry bank account. Alas! I find myself flipping back and forth between the 15Ltd, and the DA 12-24. It seems like the 12-24 offers greater flexibility and maybe corner sharpness, but man... I'll tell you all, I love small, portable lenses and built-in lens hoods... What's a guy to do.
02-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #1465
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by v5planet Quote
I am feeling incredible lust for a wide angle lens, lately. Right now my kit doesn't go below 28mm, which has been really restrictive, and threads like this are liable to do dangerous things to my paltry bank account. Alas! I find myself flipping back and forth between the 15Ltd, and the DA 12-24. It seems like the 12-24 offers greater flexibility and maybe corner sharpness, but man... I'll tell you all, I love small, portable lenses and built-in lens hoods... What's a guy to do.
Close your eyes, and listen only to my voice...

You want a DA15. You will buy a DA15. You want a DA15. You will buy a DA15. You want a DA15. You will buy a DA15. You want a DA15. You will buy a DA15.

3..2..1...*snap*

Now, just go buy it. Its light as, and is just perfect, IMO.
02-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #1466
Pentaxian

The 12-24 is an excellent lens and allows you to go down to 12mm. It is a very flexible and useful range. If Pentax ever makes a 12mm Limited, I might be in trouble, however.
02-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #1467
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Close your eyes, and listen only to my voice...

You want a DA15. You will buy a DA15. You want a DA15. You will buy a DA15. You want a DA15. You will buy a DA15. You want a DA15. You will buy a DA15.

3..2..1...*snap*

Now, just go buy it. Its light as, and is just perfect, IMO.
Well, that didn't take long. Should be here within a week.

[edit] oh yeah, the usual rabble rabble grumble mumble about how it's all your guys' fault yadda yadda

Last edited by v5planet; 02-05-2011 at 10:53 PM.
02-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #1468
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Can I get a Jump?

Triple A is on the way.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

02-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #1469
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well, that didn't take long. Should be here within a week.

[edit] oh yeah, the usual rabble rabble grumble mumble about how it's all your guys' fault yadda yadda
One of the pluses of having your mind controlled is that you can give up accountability. Who knows what plans that DA 15ltd has in store for you! It may want you to buy a new car now for some reason, etc.

(congrats!)

02-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #1470
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
One of the pluses of having your mind controlled is that you can give up accountability. Who knows what plans that DA 15ltd has in store for you! It may want you to buy a new car now for some reason, etc.

(congrats!)

God, I hope it doesn't want me to buy a car. I'd have to sell my camera equipment to make payments on it!

By the way, I really like #1 and #7. (And the interior shots make me excited about the ample FOV real estate I'm soon going to have access to!)