Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13859 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #736
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Egad

Good Lord, you people are hitting some freakin' good shots.

07-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #737
Veteran Member

@JHD, thanks. Straight out of the camera (no PP) btw.

I like the next one too, although the AF wasn't quite fast enough to keep up with him.

Loving this lens. One thing I haven't heard folks mention (i.e., rave about) is how well it does on video. It's definitely my preferred lens there.
07-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #738

Photos: Albums
Well my DA15 has arrived and I like it a lot.

Bought (partly) due to pictures in this thread, I thought I wanted to post one of my first snaps with it:

Though not really showing of the quality of the DA15, I like what 15mm gives - it means I can capture more in tight places. The DA15 will sure help be a great companion.
07-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #739
Veteran Member

Grrrr, MUST. STOP. READING. THIS THREAD.

The precise reason I bought a 16-45 is to curb my lust for the 15 ltd...why oh why do I have to suffer from all these teasing......

Guess the only reason why I haven't got myself one of these is cause I am skin broke after that stupid hot water system died on me......

Hope the price on B&H and Adorama stay down till I can save up for one...Local price for it is plain ridiculous: AUD$1330? WTF!

07-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #740
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The carnival across the street. We live in a quiet neighborhood except for carnival week!

Last edited by mattb123; 07-14-2010 at 08:19 AM.
07-14-2010, 10:09 AM   #741
Veteran Member

Love that carnival image - what town is that? I don't recognize the "W", but feel I should...
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #742
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Love that carnival image - what town is that? I don't recognize the "W", but feel I should...
Thanks! It's Gunnison, Colorado. Home of the Western State College Mountaineers. It's the largest collegiate symbol in the country (or world/continent/hemisphere - I forget which).

07-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #743
Veteran Member

Wonderful photos everyone!

07-16-2010, 12:51 AM   #744
Veteran Member

The 15mm controls my wine (and captures an intense winemaker)

07-16-2010, 06:46 AM   #745

I want it really badly now but for some reasons no one in Germany seems to want to buy an DA 12-24. Gotta wait now
07-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #746
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Henrik Kristensen Quote
Well my DA15 has arrived and I like it a lot.

Bought (partly) due to pictures in this thread, I thought I wanted to post one of my first snaps with it:

Though not really showing of the quality of the DA15, I like what 15mm gives - it means I can capture more in tight places. The DA15 will sure help be a great companion.
This photo is incredible. Could the title of the book in the bottom of the frame make this image any more perfect?

I will own this lens by the end of the summer.

I hate this thread.

07-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #747
Veteran Member

Original Poster

It's even getting hard for me to view this thread now, because I can't go out shooting because I'm busy and crap, and you guys are blowing me away. But this shot just made me laugh out loud:

A perfect application of the 15 indoors to take a shot that just screams 'comical intensity', from the color on the wall, the wine guy, and the slightly bemused guy with hat. Great capture.

Below are beautiful, we all want to find ourselves in these settings with the 15:

The kind of band shot you just don't see very often, I know how close this must have been. A definitive style is emerging here. I think at some point the local musicians there are going to start feeling honored when they see Marc get up on the stage with them:

Every time I see the sun poke through the trees I snap it now, makes me smile:

the clouds, the train, the perch, the coloring/desat, just more perfection from Ecat, what can I say:

Love this cityscape - no place in the US will look quite like this, even from that distance:

This one made me catch my breath - an whole-environment capture that just seems perfect at 15mm:

Another gasp-inducer - I'd be shooting that child all the time with the 15, very photogenic, this expression and setting and PP is sublime::

I love this type of light - everytime I'm free and the sky is like this at this time of day, I'm out trying to capture it. I think I would have walked over there and tried to get some closer shots of the tents and barkers, also.

I think that spider would have appreciated a longer focal length!
07-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #748
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stop the torture!

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Grrrr, MUST. STOP. READING. THIS THREAD.

The precise reason I bought a 16-45 is to curb my lust for the 15 ltd...why oh why do I have to suffer from all these teasing......
x2

I can't sleep since I found this thread! Stop, please, stop!!!
07-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #749
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Grimmus Quote
x2

I can't sleep since I found this thread! Stop, please, stop!!!
You'll sleep better when the 15mm is on your camera.

"sleep now, Grimmus" it will tell you.
07-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #750
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Great thread!

I got the DA15 recently and its size just means that I bring it out more than any UWA option. In fact it does serve rather well as a 'day out' lens.

2 recent shots from a local Pentax outing.

Landscapes in the morning

An Orchid Garden for breakfast
Holy moly, that first shot is unbelievably good.