Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13859 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #781
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I guess you'll find out on Sunday!

...no
I was about to lower my offer on the 12-24. BTW, you need to email or call me to work out details.

07-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #782
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I am late to the party. Few shots from New Zealand Colomandel Walkway hiking trail. You see stretches of coast line and beaches along the hiking trail and the funny part is that my wife and I were the persons there the whole time alone in 4.5 hours of hiking. All were taken with Pentax K-x White and Pentax DA 15mm f/4.0 limited

Nice. Take me home. The road going up to where you took those has to be one of the better ones (scenery-wise) on the planet.

I want to catch more big fat snapper in the middle of the Hauraki gulf (between Auckland and Coromandel peninsula, and have them freshly pan fried.

Good work.
07-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #783
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Nice. Take me home. The road going up to where you took those has to be one of the better ones (scenery-wise) on the planet.

I want to catch more big fat snapper in the middle of the Hauraki gulf (between Auckland and Coromandel peninsula, and have them freshly pan fried.

Good work.
Thank you so much. That means a whole lot to me. NZ is simply beautiful and it has scenic places that are waiting for any Pentaxian to explore. It is NOT the photographer, not the camera and not the lens that take those beautiful scenic shots. It is the scenes that dictate the beauty. The 15mm makes it easier.

Warmest,
Hin
07-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #784
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Thank you so much. That means a whole lot to me. NZ is simply beautiful and it has scenic places that are waiting for any Pentaxian to explore. It is NOT the photographer, not the camera and not the lens that take those beautiful scenic shots. It is the scenes that dictate the beauty. The 15mm makes it easier.

Warmest,
Hin
You are very welcome - I would say that you are exactly the visitor to NZ I personally like to see! I'm glad you found some of the nicer "roads less travelled".

I hope other Kiwis on this forum can manage to provide some more samples. I'd post some other images here, but they aren't from the lens in question!

Hopefully next week I can post some examples from another beach/coast I'll have the pleasure of visiting (though not in NZ this time).

07-25-2010, 03:55 AM   #785
Forum Member

A few more from me... some landscapes this time

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#
07-26-2010, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #786
Veteran Member

I ordered this mind controling device from B@H on friday and turned up today! (Australia)

07-26-2010, 02:04 AM   #787
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cezarL Quote
A few more from me... some landscapes this time

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#
Very very nice

07-26-2010, 02:17 AM   #788
Pentaxian

Ok I need to get one. You all have convinced me!
07-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #789
Forum Member

Colour Change?

TOUGEFC, The colours on your lens look a little different than jsherman's:

Are you messing with my head, or just the saturation sliders on the green and blue colour channels in that image?
07-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #790
Veteran Member

99.999999999999% sure he just desaturated it.
07-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #791
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
I ordered this mind controling device from B@H on friday and turned up today! (Australia)

Thats what I have been telling other Aussies... B&H rocks and prices are wonderful to boot.

All my lenses bar a replacement purchased in OZ have all come from there.

Fantastic service
07-26-2010, 12:52 PM   #792
Veteran Member

Yeah i removed some colours Hello Photo.
Nulla, yeah b&h are awesome ive ordered a few things from them now.
The DA15mm in Australia is $1330AUD! Its a joke, thank god for B&H!
07-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #793
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
The DA15mm in Australia is $1330AUD! Its a joke, thank god for B&H!
Ordered mine from B&H last week too. Waiting ...
07-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #794
Veteran Member

I went out hiking with some visiting family yesterday in the foothills of the Rockies not too far from my house (I *love* the county open space parks where I live). I debated between taking just my 18-55II for simplicity versus my usual bag of primes, and the bag of primes won out. Turns out I needn't have worried about taking time to change lenses - the DA15 never left my camera. Next time I'll probably just do that.

BTW, that's not a dust spot in the picture above, but a bird.

At one point, I saw my nephew (above) leaping across the rocks, but not in time to shoot. So I asked to make the jump again. Luckily his mother was not within sight. It took four takes to get this:

My wife took this one of me:

07-27-2010, 02:01 AM   #795
Forum Member

Thanks for the kind comments, Matt and Duc, glad you liked them!

Marc, great hiking range you have there, mate! Wish I had anything like that close to home...