Show Printable Version 13859 Likes Search this Thread
11-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #1096
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No K5 here.

11-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #1097
Inactive Account

Having to litle time to actually go out with the lens....but hey.....sometimes its ok to just mess around....

Blending light

Shot with AF 540
11-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #1098
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
Having to litle time to actually go out with the lens....but hey.....sometimes its ok to just mess around....

Blending light

Shot with AF 540
Nice "pc" you got there. (J/K!!) Nice shot.
11-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #1099

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Absolutely love the colors and clarity in this shot! Did you do something to the top of the picture (dark areas), or is this just the night sky giving way to the sun? No matter what, IMHO this is an outstanding shot.
Thank you very much .
There's quite a lot of PP in Lightroom on this.
WB a little to the warm side, clarity and vibrance up, saturation down,
and to the point: Maximum vignetting.
So yes, the darkening comes from vignetting, and also level adjust. Taken at f8, 1/125 s.

11-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #1100
Veteran Member

Original Poster
First snow!

And it was a doozie.

f/4

f/8

f/8
11-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #1101
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
.And it was a doozie.
Looks like the North Pole!
11-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #1102

So I was ready to go on holiday to Oman, with my Tamron 18-250 superzoom for convenience and a Sigma 17-50 for quality, when I got introduced to primes via an old manual 50/1.7. I got to thinking that if I had a wide angle prime or two, I could leave the Sigma behind. I agonised over 21mm versus 15mm, but something led me inexorably to this thread. I read every post. Part of what swayed me was knowing I already had 3 zoom lenses that can do 21mm, but nothing wider than 17mm.

I ended up taking 4 lenses, and using the 18-250mm and the 15mm a lot, and the M50 and a 55-300mm kit hardly at all. I probably used the 15mm too much; I certainly found I could take bad pictures with it. So much is included in the frame, it's easy to end up with photos that aren't really about anything.

Anyway, here are some pictures.

This is an early morning view from a Dhow, moored in the middle of nowhere.

Night in Sharjah, taken from the roof of a building in their Heritage Centre.

11-15-2010, 04:47 AM   #1103

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

And it was a doozie.

f/4

f/8

f/8
Very nice
11-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #1104
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Visiting family near a place touched by the Civil War....

11-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #1105
Veteran Member

Wow, jsherman, fantastic photos.

And to anyone who says it is bad to blow your highlights, simply point to this image and say phooey! I LOVE this photo.

11-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #1106
Forum Member

To all of you who have posted images here! Thanks. Its because people like you that my son might not get that Buzz Lightyear toy or the latest ultimate alien, why my daughter won't be getting the IPhone 4 and why the missus will have to do without the Armani Code and why they will be eating corned beef for dinner this Xmouse.

Why is your fault?

Those lush images taken with the DA15mmLtd. They remind me of the days when my 24mm never left my film camera.

They have eaten into my soul and now my family will suffer because I will have that lens and they will have to go without.

Harsh? Yes but these are difficult times and sacrifices have to be made as Mr Cameron and Mr Obama have told us.

But I must have it, the 15Ltd, I have to have it or I will not be complete..................................

On Xmouse morning, around the tree, I will tell my family that you are all to blame, you made me buy it, that little 15mmLtd.

MZ
11-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #1107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ManixZero Quote
To all of you who have posted images here! Thanks. Its because people like you that my son might not get that Buzz Lightyear toy or the latest ultimate alien, why my daughter won't be getting the IPhone 4 and why the missus will have to do without the Armani Code and why they will be eating corned beef for dinner this Xmouse.

Why is your fault?

Those lush images taken with the DA15mmLtd. They remind me of the days when my 24mm never left my film camera.

They have eaten into my soul and now my family will suffer because I will have that lens and they will have to go without.

Harsh? Yes but these are difficult times and sacrifices have to be made as Mr Cameron and Mr Obama have told us.

But I must have it, the 15Ltd, I have to have it or I will not be complete..................................

On Xmouse morning, around the tree, I will tell my family that you are all to blame, you made me buy it, that little 15mmLtd.

MZ

*insert jsherman's photo of the DA15 saying, "MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! MINE, THEY ALL BELONG TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"*

Ahem. You're welcome. *evil laugh*

11-20-2010, 04:34 PM   #1108
Forum Member

Concerning jsherman's photo.....

That is not a photo of a lens......

It is a photo of a seductive sculpture in metal and glass....

Sigh

MZ
11-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #1109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unlike your Mr. Cameron, ManixZero, I do not believe we can save our way out of a recession. It is the duty of patriots to spend. Get the 15mm and you will be a hero in my eyes.
11-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #1110
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
Wow, jsherman, fantastic photos.

And to anyone who says it is bad to blow your highlights, simply point to this image and say phooey! I LOVE this photo.
Thx, yes, liked that shot that way also. There are times when recovering highlight detail just adds nothing to the image. If find this especially true with a lot of shadow detail also. I had a version of that last shot in which I lifted the shadow a bit, but seeing the texture in the trees lessened the drama somehow, and drew attention to inessential things. I think shadows should stay deep occasionally.